CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Paper Applications vs. Online Applications

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Paper Applications vs. Online Applications Empty Paper Applications vs. Online Applications

Post by Marc™ Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:00 pm

Much I used to hate having to spend 10 minutes filling out those written apps., I'm still not comfortable with online apps. I feel like the written apps. had a greater potential of being seen....while online apps. are easily overlooked.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Paper Applications vs. Online Applications Empty Re: Paper Applications vs. Online Applications

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:37 pm

Filling out any kind of app is a pain in the ass, but back when I was job-hunting, I much prefered paper applications. Most online applications have those ridiculous 100-question-assessment-tests, which are completely stupid - that's the main reason I prefered paper applications. And I've always felt, too, that they were more likely to be overlooked.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Paper Applications vs. Online Applications Empty Re: Paper Applications vs. Online Applications

Post by Chris Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:02 am

When I applied for my job eight years ago, they were still doing paper applications; they have since switched to applying online. From what I hear, most jobs that do paper applications don't look at 30% of them. They look over the first ten or so that are on top, put the rest in a file box, store them for approximately six months, and then dump them. If you don't hear back in that window of time, it's like you never applied. Online applications are saved in the system indefinitely and stay in circulation for years. The downside, however, is because there is more competition with this method, employers scrutinize qualifications more.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:26 am

i prefer paper applications.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:00 am

Online applications are saved in the system indefinitely and stay in circulation for years. The downside, however, is because there is more competition with this method, employers scrutinize qualifications more.

That is an interesting point. I never thought of the difference between the two.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 8:27 am