Can Smart People Be Happy? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can Smart People Be Happy?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

Can Smart People Be Happy? Empty
PostSubject: Can Smart People Be Happy?   Can Smart People Be Happy? EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 11:29 pm

I heard a friend say the other day...."If it's so difficult for intelligent people to be happy, then I'd rather be stupid"....so is ignorance really bliss? And can smart people stop analyzing the world for just one minute enough to be happy?
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Can Smart People Be Happy?   Can Smart People Be Happy? EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 11:46 pm

Of course they can. I think that there are as many smart people that are too analytical as there are average or dense people that are. It is those that analyze the heck out of everything that they miss out on a lot of joys.
Back to top Go down
Kral
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Kral

Female
Rep : 30

PostSubject: Re: Can Smart People Be Happy?   Can Smart People Be Happy? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 2:47 am

I don't think "happy" is perhaps the correct label. Constant frustration might better categorize the plight of smart people. Unfortunately, some smart people better understand the dynamics of say, politics or big business whereas others only see what the media presents or superficial problems that are readily apparent. Smart people have very few intellectual outlets to rationally discuss true politics, business, finance, social issues and such. Frustration, yes. Frustration is a much better term. Being smart is both a blessing and a curse.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Can Smart People Be Happy?   Can Smart People Be Happy? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 9:23 am

I think we need to define what smart is. I think smart people can be very happy. But I don't think somebody who spends all their time analyzing the world is necessarily smart or intelligent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can Smart People Be Happy?   Can Smart People Be Happy? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can Smart People Be Happy?
Page 1 of 1