CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Jason B.
Forgiveness Man
Marc™
Chris
8 posters

Abortion question -- specifically for men

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Abortion question -- specifically for men Empty Abortion question -- specifically for men

Post by Chris Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:20 pm

Gay guys and guys who say they don't want (any more) kids, play along.

If your wife or girlfriend became pregnant with your child – a child that you wanted – but ultimately decided to terminate the pregnancy, would that be enough for you to end the relationship?
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Abortion question -- specifically for men Empty Re: Abortion question -- specifically for men

Post by Marc™ Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:37 pm

Probably. A situation like that would have me feeling like she didn't give a shit about what I wanted and just vetoed my "less-important" position. If I make a case to GF or wifey about how much I want this baby and how involved I'll be....and she still terminates the pregnancy, then that's gonna cause a tonal shift.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Abortion question -- specifically for men Empty Re: Abortion question -- specifically for men

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:05 pm

If your born child was brutally murdered by your woman cause she didn't want him/her anymore, would you stay with her? An unborn child is still MY CHILD! Case closed.

Last edited by Forgiveness_Man on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:50 pm

I guess it would depend on how compelling her reasons were for the abortion. If she laid them out and they were rational and hard to argue, then I may be willing to accept her decision. If all she said was something like she wasn't interested in having a baby right now, then they may be a problem. At the same time though, I don't know if a man should leave his wife over it.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:21 pm

I agree with the other two who said it depended on reasons given and as a couple this would have to be discussed with both ppl giving their feelings on the matter. While it is half the guy's baby, I still think the woman who has to grow it in her body has the ultimate say.

However, if the guy was really set on being a father and this was his main squeeze, she should have some very compelling reason for terminating that, and if they were shallow he would be justified in leaving her to look for someone more into bearing his kids.

My wife regretted that she could not have kids by me. It is one of the ultimate sharings of a couple to co-produce a kid.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:18 am

Chris wrote:Gay guys and guys who say they don't want (any more) kids, play along.

If your wife or girlfriend became pregnant with your child – a child that you wanted – but ultimately decided to terminate the pregnancy, would that be enough for you to end the relationship?
    Absolutely, in a heartbeat with no hesitation at all.

This question doesn't really require a lot of thinking for me. Children are our most important assets in life. Most parents would rather die than sacrifice a child. If a parent considers a fetus their child and the other parent unilaterally decides to terminate it, that is a bonafide deal-breaker in a relationships as far as I'm concerned. The sex of the parent making the decision is irrelevant! The fact that women legally have this right but men don't is simply a hypocrasy of justice. But if the shoe was on the other foot, and the woman decided to have the baby but the man insisted on an abortion, I'm certain most women would choose to end the relationship at that point (and if not they probably should). But for a woman to actually kill the baby on her own and the man doesn't even have a say...
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:57 am

Yes.

I have three kids and at this stage I'm not looking to have any more. To go along with the question though, if I were seeing a woman who becomes pregnant and trepid, but my verbalizing to her that the child was wanted on my end wasn't enough to convince her to not terminate, then we have a serious problem. It's one thing for a woman to decide on an abortion after a ONS, or if she's with a guy who she couldn't count on to be there. But if the child is wanted by its father, that should be enough to overwhelmingly push her over to the side of having it. I especially can't wrap my head around a married woman wanting to abort her husbands child.

It's a woman's "right" and all that jazz, but any woman who wouldn't allow her child's fathers desire for it to have a huge influence on her decision is selfish. I couldn't look past it.
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:53 am

If I really wanted kids or valued parenthood that much I would communicate that her pretty early on. So I would think that we wouldn't have a problem!

If she still wanted to abort then I don't know. I might need some time to think about it & take it in. Maybe we would have to seperate for a while but I wouldnt automatically dump her.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 6:35 am