CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+10
captainbryce
Nhaiyel
TSJFan4Ever
Alan Smithee
Nystyle709
Marc™
Tony Marino
RedBedroom
Supernova
AtownPeep
14 posters

Your Mom's cooking

AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Your Mom's cooking Empty Your Mom's cooking

Post by AtownPeep Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:30 pm

Is your mom a good cook or does she buy microwavable snacks and call that dinner? My mom dukes is an excellent cook, but being in the kitchen with her is impossible because she WILL put your extra hands to work if she see's them free. Some women don't like extra cooks in the kitchen but not my mom. She'll even have my six year old nephew helping her.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Your Mom's cooking Empty Re: Your Mom's cooking

Post by Supernova Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:04 pm

My mom cooks ALL the time. HER mother was the sort who bought what was quick and what was popular and cheap and all that, so my mom's the exact opposite because she grew up having to eat all that crappy food all the time. She makes just about everything, I especially love her lasagna, and she makes the spaghetti sauce herself, store bought sauces are too sweet, more fit for pizza than pasta.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:07 pm

My mom was a very basic cook. She did not cook anything too elaborate. She had 15 or less dinner items that she would cook and nothing with any flair. Dad used to make cow tongue so we had that about one time per month. I have been wondering if I could still eat that today. I did like it as a child.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:18 pm

My Mama was the best cook in the family she not only cooked Italian but good American as well. She was good at baking all kinds of cakes and pastries and no one in the family could top her. My Sisters now do all the cooking, its compatible to Mama's they learned from her but nothing will ever top hers.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:22 pm

My mother is a very good cook....but cooking's not one of her great joys in life, or a hobby. She'd cook for me and my father when she had the time, or was in the mood....but there were a few times when I would ask what's for dinner and she'd respond: "Shit....it's everybody for themselves today."
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:04 pm

Marc™ wrote:My mother is a very good cook....but cooking's not one of her great joys in life, or a hobby. She'd cook for me and my father when she had the time, or was in the mood....but there were a few times when I would ask what's for dinner and she'd respond: "Shit....it's everybody for themselves today."

My mother is like that. She'll throw down when she wants to, but she better be in the mood for it. When she and my dad were together, she'll cook for all of us since she was a stay at home mom. Then since we were latchkeys kids after her and my dad spilt up, cooking was never on the top of her list. It was designated to me, and I pretty much wasn't going to do it, or quick meals. My brother got tired of the Frosted Flakes I made for him every night, so he took it upon himself to learn. Now he's the one can really throw down. Better cook than I am.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:37 am

My mother had a few things she did well. I liked her meatloaf and pot roast. My brother and I would always cringe when she told us she was making a "casserole" though. That never ended well.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:43 am

My Mom's a great cook but we also do the boxed/fast food type stuff sometimes, too. My Mom loves cooking and we always had home cooking when I was growing up.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:34 am

My mom is an excellent cook and can whip up all sorts of meals (Trini, American, desserts, etc.) It's one of her favorite things to do when she has the time.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:56 pm

My mom has always been a good cook because she only likes really good (gormet style) food. She hates mediocre or bland food so she cooks for herself most of the time. If we ever go out to a restaurant like Olive Garden or something, whatever she orders she will be able to tell exactly what ingredients are in it, then go home and after experimenting with the recipe for a while eventually make a better version of it. She also cators food and has been selling her own dinners for years.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:25 am

My mom and dad both are good cooks. When we were growing up, they used to share cooking duties (although of course mom did it more.) As a result, my sisters and I all just sort of were inclined to be decent cooks ourselves. None of us have a cooking passion, but come eat over my house and I won't have you scrapping your tongue with a napkin.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:23 pm

My Mom is a great cook! But it's not one of her joys in life. Up until the age of 14 or so, I always had hot, home-cooked meals. After that she felt I was old enough to make and eat what I wanted, which was fair. Every once in a while now she'll make a nice meal, which is always good.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:19 am

bump
    What's the best thing your mother cooks? Even if she's a great cook, what is that *one* thing that she makes that stands out as her signature dish?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:45 pm

Chris wrote: Your Mom's cooking 491614
    What's the best thing your mother cooks? Even if she's a great cook, what is that *one* thing that she makes that stands out as her signature dish?

Lasagna. Ironically enough, I don't think she's made it in like forever....but my mother's lasagna is one to be reckoned with. Her sweet potato pies are another.
    sailorlover
    sailorlover
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 2

Post by sailorlover Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:34 am

Marc™ wrote:My mother is a very good cook....but cooking's not one of her great joys in life, or a hobby. She'd cook for me and my father when she had the time, or was in the mood....but there were a few times when I would ask what's for dinner and she'd respond: "Shit....it's everybody for themselves today."

Now that is totally me. I love to cook if I feel it. My husband hate the night, about once every 2 weeks, where it is fend for yourself night! I grew up with my mom cooking awesome meals every night.
    femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Post by femme fatale Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:39 am

Chris wrote: bump

My mother makes great (I mean GREAT!) cheeseburgers and macaroni & cheese.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:18 am