Mormons Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mormons

Go down 
+6
Alan Smithee
Tony Marino
Shale
Nhaiyel
RedBedroom
Jason B.
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

Mormons Empty
PostSubject: Mormons   Mormons EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 2:12 am

Does anyone find Mormons to be so naive and so wholesome that it's to the point of sheer creepiness? In a way they remind me of modernized Amish people. It's not just a religious thing because Jehovah's Witnesses are probably even more theologically uptight and even more socially judgmental, but they don't give off the same stepford weirdness that Mormon's do. No offense to any Mormon's. If you disagree then say so.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Mormons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mormons   Mormons EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 2:17 am

I don't find their wholsomeness creepy, but I am not a fan of any religious organization that practices shunning wrong doers.
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

Mormons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mormons   Mormons EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 2:22 am

JB wrote:
Does anyone find Mormons to be so naive and so wholesome that it's to the point of sheer creepiness? In a way they remind me of modernized Amish people. It's not just a religious thing because Jehovah's Witnesses are probably even more theologically uptight and even more socially judgmental, but they don't give off the same stepford weirdness that Mormon's do. No offense to any Mormon's. If you disagree then say so.

ROFLMAO! JB!

That most of them hail from Utah, and that they tend to have huge families, also gives off this quasi-incestuous vibe. Admittedly I don't know much about their faith, but from what I have observed I can't say that I much respect their way of presenting their position.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

Mormons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mormons   Mormons EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 9:59 am

Are those the young men who ride bicycles wearing dress shirts and ties. They come to my door now and then and I like to very cordially talk with them, maybe even cruise them a little, just short of propositioning them. They usually find an excuse to leave rather quickly. If not I just tell them I'm gay and that I think they're cute. :biggrin:
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

Mormons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mormons   Mormons EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 10:42 am

Anyone see the movie Latter Days??
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

Mormons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mormons   Mormons EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 2:34 pm

I don’t have a problem with any group, religious or secular as long as they’re tolerant of people who don’t share their point of view.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

Mormons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mormons   Mormons EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 2:43 pm

I am not Mormon but I don't find them all that weird. Not all mormons are the same either; the OP seems quite stereotypical.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

Mormons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mormons   Mormons EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 3:08 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:
I am not Mormon but I don't find them all that weird. Not all mormons are the same either; the OP seems quite stereotypical.

FM I thought you were Mormon, didn't you say you lived in Utah??
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

Mormons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mormons   Mormons EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 3:14 pm

Tony Marino wrote:

FM I thought you were Mormon, didn't you say you lived in Utah??
You're confusing me with someone else. Razz
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

Mormons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mormons   Mormons EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 3:16 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:
You're confusing me with someone else. Razz

embarassed
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

Mormons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mormons   Mormons EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 5:03 pm

Tony Marino wrote:

I have the DVD!
Mormons LatterDays01
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

Mormons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mormons   Mormons EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 6:31 pm

Shale wrote:
Are those the young men who ride bicycles wearing dress shirts and ties. They come to my door now and then and I like to very cordially talk with them, maybe even cruise them a little, just short of propositioning them. They usually find an excuse to leave rather quickly. If not I just tell them I'm gay and that I think they're cute. :biggrin:

LOL! That'a a good one! One of the beautiful things about being in an apartment is that I don't get people showing up at my door uninvited.

There Mormons are in the news a lot where I live due to a polygamous community that is downright creepy. These kids are so brainwashed and girls as young as 13 or 14 are married without any choice. I don't really have a problem with regular Mormons but the ones in communites like this are creepy. It's an offshoot of that community in... I can't remember where but the government seized a bunch of the kids last... maybe two sumemrs ago now? They're a breakoff from the regular Mormon church and when you see interviews, it's just creepy listening to them. The ones I feel sorry for are the kids who've tried to break away and are totally shunned. They're called the "Lost Boys of Bountiful". I get the creeps just watching interviews with community members but I really feel for the kids or women who've left the community and are trying to make it on their own.

Bountiful BC
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male
Rep : 127

Mormons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mormons   Mormons EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 5:07 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
Lol, after Shale's comment, I was just about to bring up this movie. If you haven't seen it, it gives you some pretty good incite into the typical young, male, devout mormon mentality.

Two of my best friends are "former" mormons (that is, they were raised mormon but never practiced it). I have a former co-worker who is VERY mormon and he also happens to be the weirdest person that I've ever met in real life. Coincedence? Possibly! I have read parts of the book of Mormon before and once I determined it to be a racist religion, I pretty much consider it a cult now. Jehovah's Witnesses may have different beleifs and practices than other mainstream Christians, but at least its based on their intepretation of the bible. Most mormon's don't even know what they believe themselves and the ones that do base it off something that was written by arguably a crazy man in the 20th century! Not exactly the most convincing religion, but very nice people in general.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mormons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mormons   Mormons Empty

Back to top Go down

Mormons
Page 1 of 1