Most disturbing/haunting movie deaths. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Most disturbing/haunting movie deaths.

Go down 
+6
Forgiveness Man
CeCe
AtownPeep
Supernova
Tony Marino
Chris
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Most disturbing/haunting movie deaths. Empty
PostSubject: Most disturbing/haunting movie deaths.   Most disturbing/haunting movie deaths. EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 10:02 am

Are there any particularly memorable character deaths that haunt, disturb, or just bother you? Either because they were so brutal, so tragic, or so shocking/sudden, etc.

Corny as it is to mention, Jack Dawson's death in Titanic sort of shocked/haunted me. Moments before, he was imploring her to hang on and to not die, and then in the next flash, he died the same way he begged her not to. Macaulay Culkin's characters death in My Girl was also sad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Most disturbing/haunting movie deaths.   Most disturbing/haunting movie deaths. EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 10:54 am

One of the most disturbing scenes of slow death that I saw was the torture death of the teenage girl in "The Girl Next Door". What her stepmother did to her was just sickening and its based on a true story. I could not get it out of my mind for weeks it was so horrifying.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Most disturbing/haunting movie deaths.   Most disturbing/haunting movie deaths. EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 11:06 am

I've mentioned these before in another thread, from Coffy, the death of King George and the impending death of Omar, for some reason those two have always stuck with me and they just...I don't know what the word is, but still just thinking about how they died makes me uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: Most disturbing/haunting movie deaths.   Most disturbing/haunting movie deaths. EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 11:09 am

The death scene in Braveheart when the guy's head was sliced at the neck. What disturbed me was how his facial expression didn't change at all, then three seconds later he head just falls off. Shocked
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Most disturbing/haunting movie deaths.   Most disturbing/haunting movie deaths. EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 12:27 pm

The one that came immediately to mind is The Strangers. Something about the death scene is disturbing to me and I'm someone who has no problem at all with Friday the 13th, Saw, Halloween or any other horror type of movie. But that scene still bugs me.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Most disturbing/haunting movie deaths.   Most disturbing/haunting movie deaths. EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 1:36 pm

I have written more than my share of disturbing death scenes, and they typically overshadow just about every movie death(sans the deaths from the TV Show Lost) I've witnessed.

Trevor getting knifed in Pay It Forward is probably the closest I've come to truly being haunted by a death, since it really caught me off guard the first time I saw it. The offscreen deaths in Changeling, I guess, qualify as well.

I guess the ending deaths of The Mist "haunt" me as well, but moreso cause they were so incredibly absurd and contrived that I cannot forget how incredibly horribly written they were.

But it's hard for writers to really be disturbed by deaths if they see theirs as worse.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Most disturbing/haunting movie deaths.   Most disturbing/haunting movie deaths. EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 5:17 pm

The death scene in Dancer In the Dark bothered me for weeks after I saw it.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Most disturbing/haunting movie deaths.   Most disturbing/haunting movie deaths. EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 8:47 pm

There are certainly more horrific deaths but these stayed with me.

The final scene in In Cold Blood

The killing of Gromek in Torn Curtain

Caparzo bleeding to death while his friends can just watch in Saving Private Ryan
Back to top Go down
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Most disturbing/haunting movie deaths.   Most disturbing/haunting movie deaths. EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 8:56 pm

In BULLET, after Tupac Shakur's character Tank's throat was slit and he's laying on the ground bleeding out, and the guy pulls out the rat from his coat to feed off him. That scene still gives me the shivers.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male

PostSubject: Re: Most disturbing/haunting movie deaths.   Most disturbing/haunting movie deaths. EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 11:06 pm

Another unsettling death scene was at the end of If These Walls Could Talk, when the crazed anti-abortionist comes in and shoots Cher's character; she falls to the ground bleeding out, eyes wide open. *shudders*
Back to top Go down
femme fatale
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
femme fatale

Female
Rep : 46

PostSubject: Re: Most disturbing/haunting movie deaths.   Most disturbing/haunting movie deaths. EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 3:14 pm

DAY OF THE DEAD

The zombies have captured a soldier and start dismembering him alive.

One has its fingers shoved all the way into the soldier's eye sockets while others are tearing apart his throat.

He's screaming all the while.

As the last bits of meat are torn from his neck and the zombie pulling at his head, the soldier's screams are sent ultrasonic by the vocal cords stretched tight as a guitar string...until the head pops off.

And the mouth is STILL silently screaming!
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male

PostSubject: Re: Most disturbing/haunting movie deaths.   Most disturbing/haunting movie deaths. EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 7:08 am

bump
Any more?
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Most disturbing/haunting movie deaths.   Most disturbing/haunting movie deaths. EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 12:08 pm

Angel in Scarface, even though you don't see it, that is still...people compare it to the shower scene in Psycho, but Marion Crane died alone, Tony was tied up right beside him and had to see it.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Most disturbing/haunting movie deaths.   Most disturbing/haunting movie deaths. EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 8:43 pm

The end of Mask was very sad. Bambi's mother. Ed Begley Jr. in Cat People.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most disturbing/haunting movie deaths.   Most disturbing/haunting movie deaths. Empty

Back to top Go down

Most disturbing/haunting movie deaths.
Page 1 of 1