CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Marc™
Nystyle709
Shale
RedBedroom
Kral
9 posters

No abortion, No adoption!

Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

No abortion, No adoption! Empty No abortion, No adoption!

Post by Kral Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:08 pm

At another forum I visit, I eventually came to a post which stated the following.

"No abortion, No adoption! You've made your bed..."

This really got my attention. I don't get it. Maybe some friends here can help me understand why someone would feel that both abortion and adoption are wrong and that a woman MUST raise a child from an unplanned pregnancy.

It seems to me that someone not ready to be a parent, not ready to give it their all should not be "forced" or even coerced into parenthood. I know there are others among you who feel differently. Could you please explain this to me?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

No abortion, No adoption! Empty Re: No abortion, No adoption!

Post by RedBedroom Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:18 pm

I don't agree with that philosophy at all, but I can see how someone could think that. Some are against abortion, first, and secondly, they feel like a child should be raised among their natural family and not among "strangers". Again, I don't agree with it, but I know that is how some people think.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:19 pm

I can't explain it to you other than moralists are often rigid in their dogma and don't see the greys or alternatives or even the consequences of their unbending control.

So you force a person to keep a child that they are not ready to care for and you end up with an abused or dead child. Where is the "right to life" in those all too frequent cases.

Here in our metropolis you can take a newborn to the fire station or hospital and hand it over - no questions asked. This was the common sense approach to newborns being found dead in toilets and trashcans.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:23 pm

IA with you both. I'm guessing that the philosophy of the other person was that people must be willing to "own up" to the situation they created and take traditional responsibility, but I think that's just way too simplistic and idealistic!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:31 pm

I don't know how it is in the rest of the country, but here in NY....you got five days after the child is born to abandon the baby and not be liable for it. But you would have to leave the baby with someone at a hospital or something like that.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:10 am

Forcing people into parenthood is gonna be met with disastrous results.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:41 am

Silly philosophy. Abortion is wrong but adoption is giving the child a fighting chance.

Now, the quote is hardly forcing people into parenthood; their decision to have sex brought their problems about. That part is true. But adoption is an honest way to deal with it, and certainly the only real alternative to not raising it yourself.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:03 pm

That's ridiculous, IMO. Children are not a punishment, they are human beings who deserve to be treated with respect. If a person doesn't want them, I doubt that would happen.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:32 pm

Kral wrote:Maybe some friends here can help me understand why someone would feel that both abortion and adoption are wrong and that a woman MUST raise a child from an unplanned pregnancy.

Was that a rhetorical question? Because anyone who says that is an asshole. They’re clearly not putting the best welfare of the child first. And what about all the people who can’t have children of their own? They can only adopt children who become orphans?
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:35 pm

Oh wow - I misread this at first - I thought it was saying that if you've had an abortion, you shouldn't be allowed to adopt.

I don't agree at all with the "no abortion, no adoption, you've made you bed... Adoption can be a WONDERFUL thing. No one should be forced to raise a child if they feel someone else would do a better job. Forcing them to become parents is just stupid and leads to a whole mess of problems. Why punish the child because the parents have made a mistake.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 16, 2024 2:57 am