Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Conspiracy Theories

Go down 
+10
Chris
Nhaiyel
Shale
TSJFan4Ever
CeCe
Forgiveness Man
Jason B.
Supernova
CatEyes10736
TPP
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conspiracy Theories   Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 9:54 am

RedBedroom wrote:
There is a man that works for my guy and he drives me insane with all of his theories on Obama. They are all far-fetched and it is hard to be polite when he speaks his dribble. The last time I had enough. He said, in conjunction with his Obama rants, "I bet the White House employs at least 15 people full time." That spoke volumes to me about how not only is he an alarmist with a bunch of b.s., he is also very stupid.
Welcome to the club. Now you know how non-Crats felt about all the whacko Bush conspiracy theories we did(and still do) have to put up with for a decade. Fair's fair. It's Obama's turn. Razz
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: Conspiracy Theories   Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 3:56 am

Lauryn Hill said: "I would rather have my children starve than have white people buy my albums."

There are still some people who believe she said that.
Back to top Go down
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female
Rep : 69

PostSubject: Re: Conspiracy Theories   Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 4:16 am

Impact wrote:
Lauryn Hill said: "I would rather have my children starve than have white people buy my albums."

That's just crazy.
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Conspiracy Theories   Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 3:04 pm

Impact wrote:

What was ridiculous was how that rumor erupted like grease lightning, with folks diligently believing that Lauryn had made such claims, and yet no one was ever able to present evidence to back it up.

The legend went that she was interviewed on MTV, where she made the now infamous erroneous quote. That it never dawned on the people who bought into, and perpetuated, this myth that we're in the Internet age…and that if any celebrity had said such a thing footage of it would have been everywhere just baffles me.

True story:
When I first got online with AOL back in early '97, I posted at the VH-1 message boards and got into it with this guy who hated Rap and Hip Hop. Among other things, he insisted that it was "reverse racist" towards white people, and vigilantly used that infamous Lauryn Hill 'quote' to back up his argument. Up, down, sideways and around the corner he swore to the authenticity of it. Furthermore, he not only claimed to have seen this phantom interview where she supposedly said what she did, but that he…get this…had it on tape, and offered to send it to me to prove how wrong I was to call him a liar.

Every time I hear that old LH rumor, I immediately think of him. I wish I had a transcript of our old argument.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Conspiracy Theories   Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 4:32 pm

Nhaiyel wrote:
Impact wrote:

What was ridiculous was how that rumor erupted like grease lightning, with folks diligently believing that Lauryn had made such claims, and yet no one was ever able to present evidence to back it up.

The legend went that she was interviewed on MTV, where she made the now infamous erroneous quote. That it never dawned on the people who bought into, and perpetuated, this myth that we're in the Internet age…and that if any celebrity had said such a thing footage of it would have been everywhere just baffles me.

True story:
When I first got online with AOL back in early '97, I posted at the VH-1 message boards and got into it with this guy who hated Rap and Hip Hop. Among other things, he insisted that it was "reverse racist" towards white people, and vigilantly used that infamous Lauryn Hill 'quote' to back up his argument. Up, down, sideways and around the corner he swore to the authenticity of it. Furthermore, he not only claimed to have seen this phantom interview where she supposedly said what she did, but that he…get this…had it on tape, and offered to send it to me to prove how wrong I was to call him a liar.

Every time I hear that old LH rumor, I immediately think of him. I wish I had a transcript of our old argument.

Someone probably didn't take too kindly to Lauryn's vocal ethnic/racial pride, and decided to forge a story about her not wanting anything to do with white people in an attempt to rally people against her.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Conspiracy Theories   Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 2:30 am

Chris wrote:
Nhaiyel wrote:

True story:

Someone probably didn't take too kindly to Lauryn's vocal ethnic/racial pride, and decided to forge a story about her not wanting anything to do with white people in an attempt to rally people against her.

5 million sales of that album and 5 Grammy's, including Album of the Year.......it obviously didn't work. A whole lot of 'em bought it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conspiracy Theories   Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Conspiracy Theories
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2