CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+9
JM130ELM
Tony Marino
Nystyle709
Chris
RedBedroom
TSJFan4Ever
Cheaps
Jason B.
Supernova
13 posters

Opening all the Christmas presents on Christmas Eve

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Opening all the Christmas presents on Christmas Eve Empty Opening all the Christmas presents on Christmas Eve

Post by Supernova Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:00 am

I never got this, does anyone else? What is the point in opening all of your presents the night before Christmas? One or two I could understand or the ones you exchange during the Christmas party, but exactly WHAT is the logic to making it all the way to Christmas Eve night and saying 'ah screw it, why wait a few more hours?'
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Opening all the Christmas presents on Christmas Eve Empty Re: Opening all the Christmas presents on Christmas Eve

Post by Jason B. Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:05 am

I never got that either and it wasn't something that was allowed when I was growing up. I couldn't open my presents before 8am on Christmas morning.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Opening all the Christmas presents on Christmas Eve Empty Re: Opening all the Christmas presents on Christmas Eve

Post by Cheaps Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:24 am

i understand it... like within our family, sometimes my ma an us would open gifts on christmas eve.. then next day, go to my grandmas house an open rest of gifts there along with our aunts uncles and cousins and stuff. that be only time we open on christmas eve... an that only happened a few times
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:41 am

If families are splitting where they spend the holidays, it makes sense - Christmas Eve with one side of the family, Christmas Day with the other.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:39 am

I understand that logistically, it sometimes works out that way. If we head to Dad's Christmas day, then we have done that. But I much rather us all open on Christmas morning here at home, and this year we get to do that! I can't wait! We did celebrate with my step daughter tonight, and my son did get to open one from us too. When we are home, he always gets to choose one Christmas Eve.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:46 am

No we didn't do the opening gifts on Christmas Eve thing either. It was always Christmas morning, and not the "it's 12am, so it's technically Christmas morning" thing either.

Jason B. wrote:I never got that either and it wasn't something that was allowed when I was growing up. I couldn't open my presents before 8am on Christmas morning.

I didn't have to wait quite that late, but I would say that my parents frowned upon opening gifts before 7am. I used to attempt to stay up all night, and they'd always manage to stay up later and would hustle me back to bed before I could prematurely tear into the gifts.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:01 am

We never did that. Not even opening one. We always waited until Christmas morning. Of course when you're a kid, you're so amped for Christmas.....me and my brother used to get up at 5 and 6 in morning. My grandmother or my mother would tell us to go back to bed and we'd sleep for like 20 mins hoping 2 hrs had gone by. But usually we opened ours around 7 or 8. I just spoke to my sister about 15 mins ago, I asked her what she got for Christmas and she told me that she hadn't open up her gifts yet. My mom wouldn't let her until she came back. She went out to get something for the video camera so she could film it. That would've pissed me off when I was 8, strangely....my sis seems okay with it. I already know what I'm going to tell my kids when Christmas rolls around. They better not open up a damn thing until I wake up, lol.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:04 am

We open our gifts on Christmas Eve because my family is so large and we are not all together on Christmas Day. The kids get to open more gifts on Christmas Day Morning.
    JM130ELM
    JM130ELM
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Male
    Rep : 32

Post by JM130ELM Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:05 pm

Nah that would have been considered cheating and would have got you called out by my folks. We had to wait until Xmas morning.
    Offbeat Oddity
    Offbeat Oddity
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 0

Post by Offbeat Oddity Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:25 am

My family and I always open presents on Christmas Eve, and that's always the time my mom's side of the family gets together. My parents always like to work on Christmas Day because they get the double time and a half, so usually we did nothing on Christmas Day. Well, we did spend Christmas Day with my dad's family a couple of times, but it was boring since the family's small and much older than me (I won't get into how I feel about them). Growing up, my parents would put a few additional presents under the tree for me to open on Christmas Day.

This year, and the past few years, I open about half my presents on Christmas Eve and half on Christmas Day. I've grown more patient as I've gotten older.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:15 am

I understand opening the ones with the families you won't see on Christmas Day but what about the households ones? I don't get that at all; save those for the actual day.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:29 pm

My wacko parents insisted on this stupidity. When I had my own family that tradition died a cold painful necessary death. Christmas is on December 25th.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:56 pm

The only time I remember ever opening presents on Christmas Eve was when I was about ten years old, and we visited my mom's in from out of town friends who came back for the holidays and had gifts. We opened theirs because they were leaving the next day. Other than that, we always waited until the day to open them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:51 am