CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Nhaiyel
Shale
CeCe
Nystyle709
Supernova
Chris
10 posters

Getting involved in others domestic violence

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Getting involved in others domestic violence Empty Getting involved in others domestic violence

Post by Chris Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:01 pm

If you heard the guy next door beating his wife and/or kids, would you get involved (go over to intervene, call the police, etc.?)
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Getting involved in others domestic violence Empty Re: Getting involved in others domestic violence

Post by Supernova Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:16 pm

Absolutely.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Getting involved in others domestic violence Empty Re: Getting involved in others domestic violence

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:17 pm

I'd call the police on the low.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:55 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:I'd call the police on the low.

So would I. Don't want someone's injury or death on my conscience.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:59 pm

I would call the police right away. I might yell at the guy that I was calling the police, but it is very dangerous to intervene in a domestic. Even police hate that scene. The "victim" is as likely to turn on you as the perp.

I had a neighbor who used to berate her son so loudly that I knew of it, so I called child protective on her (anonymously). They came, told her how it was and she cleaned up her act. To this day she doesn't know I dropped the quarter on her and she is friendly and doesn't yell at her son anymore.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:01 pm

I'm not going over there so that Laurence Fishburn can slap me the way he did Vanessa Bell Calloway when she intervened in What's Love Got to Do With It, but if I hear screaming then I will call the police.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:23 pm

Of course I'll pick up the phone.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:25 pm

I don't know if I would or not. I did one time when I lived in a four plex. It was before cell phones, and it was the day I was moving out, so my land line was already disconnected. I went to a pay phone and called and police said they would not come unless she called herself. Granted, it was years ago, and today I think they would come. But I would tread lightly because retaliation could come on me and I don't know if it is worth it in every situation. It would really depend for me.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:11 am

I'd call the police, but I wouldn't go over myself. I'd also call the apartment manager. The police are pretty good at responding where I live. Sad that they wouldn't come over, redbedroom.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:16 am

i'd call police if i thought i was really bad.. i wouldnt go over.. other than that...like pac said in poetic justice.."hell naw, shit thas they bizness"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:31 am