CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+12
Cheaps
Marc™
TPP
Alan Smithee
Nystyle709
Forgiveness Man
RobbieFTW
CeCe
AtownPeep
Supernova
RedBedroom
Jason B.
16 posters

Are you returning any gifts this year?

Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Are you returning any gifts this year? Empty Are you returning any gifts this year?

Post by Jason B. Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:03 am

Did you get anything that's gonna go back because it doesn't fit, doesn't work or you just don't like it?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Are you returning any gifts this year? Empty Re: Are you returning any gifts this year?

Post by RedBedroom Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:04 am

I am returning a backpack to Kmart that my son got. Other than that, a few re-gifter things...
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Are you returning any gifts this year? Empty Re: Are you returning any gifts this year?

Post by Supernova Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:03 am

No, for once I didn't get anything I have to take back.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:21 am

Some time this week I'm taking back a purse my cousin gave me because it has a rip on the inside.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:00 am

I'm going to try this week to find the store to return the Whore of Babylon Starter Kit I got. If I can't I'll just have to trash it.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:22 pm

I never had to take any gifts back.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:59 pm

Nope.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:46 pm

Nothing to return.

Totally off subject, but what's everyone's opinion on this? I was talking to my co-worker's brother at our Christmas party a couple of weeks ago and I know he has about 5 kids. So I asked him what did or was he planning to get his children for Christmas. He said he wasn't buying them shit. Umm, okay. Then I saw him again when I went to a bar with a couple of people a week later and the subject came up again because since his brother lives upstate, he wanted to catch up with him while we were out at the bar because he wanted his brother to pick up the gifts he bought for his brother's daughters. confused . Umm, you can't buy your own flesh and blood anything for Christmas, but you can buy gifts for another man's children? Whom you affectionately call your nieces (because to top it off, they ain't really brothers! They just call themselves brothers). So I told him he was fucking bugged for that and he told me the reason why he did that is because he doesn't get to see his kids that much (he don't get to see his 'nieces' that much either) and his baby mother's are stupid and since he pays child support, he didn't need to buy them anything. Am I wrong for looking at that motherfucker like he had two heads?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:50 pm

^^Not at all. The guy's a jackass.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:55 pm

The guy sounds like a jerk and a deadbeat in all honesty.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:00 pm

To answer JB's queation, no. I'm giving a good home to everything I got. That's usually the way it is.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:30 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:Nothing to return.

Totally off subject, but what's everyone's opinion on this? I was talking to my co-worker's brother at our Christmas party a couple of weeks ago and I know he has about 5 kids. So I asked him what did or was he planning to get his children for Christmas. He said he wasn't buying them shit. Umm, okay. Then I saw him again when I went to a bar with a couple of people a week later and the subject came up again because since his brother lives upstate, he wanted to catch up with him while we were out at the bar because he wanted his brother to pick up the gifts he bought for his brother's daughters. confused . Umm, you can't buy your own flesh and blood anything for Christmas, but you can buy gifts for another man's children? Whom you affectionately call your nieces (because to top it off, they ain't really brothers! They just call themselves brothers). So I told him he was fucking bugged for that and he told me the reason why he did that is because he doesn't get to see his kids that much (he don't get to see his 'nieces' that much either) and his baby mother's are stupid and since he pays child support, he didn't need to buy them anything. Am I wrong for looking at that motherfucker like he had two heads?

EWW, NO! That's messed up!!
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:32 pm

And for the OP, the only thing I'm thinking of returning is a big griddle, because I got two of them...And I'm really tempted to keep them both because it would be nice to be able to be cooking bacon while I'm making pancakes in the morning (with 7 people you need to cook a lot at once or you can't eat together)...But then storage space is at a premium and two griddles seems...luxurious or something.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:54 am

thepossiblepolice wrote:And for the OP, the only thing I'm thinking of returning is a big griddle, because I got two of them...And I'm really tempted to keep them both because it would be nice to be able to be cooking bacon while I'm making pancakes in the morning (with 7 people you need to cook a lot at once or you can't eat together)...But then storage space is at a premium and two griddles seems...luxurious or something.

If you can find the space for it, that sounds like a great idea. That way the pancakes wouldn't get cold or soggy while the bacon is cooking. Or you wouldn't have to clean it first to make the pancakes if you did it the other way around.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:53 pm

CeCe wrote:
    thepossiblepolice wrote:And for the OP, the only thing I'm thinking of returning is a big griddle, because I got two of them...And I'm really tempted to keep them both because it would be nice to be able to be cooking bacon while I'm making pancakes in the morning (with 7 people you need to cook a lot at once or you can't eat together)...But then storage space is at a premium and two griddles seems...luxurious or something.

If you can find the space for it, that sounds like a great idea. That way the pancakes wouldn't get cold or soggy while the bacon is cooking. Or you wouldn't have to clean it first to make the pancakes if you did it the other way around.

I think I'm going to try to make it work, it would just make breakfasts a lot easier and quicker for me...
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:23 pm

bump
    I'm returning a shirt and a pair of pants.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:22 pm

Once again, I didn't get anything that I have to return.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:28 pm

Dad got me a 19 inch TV for my bedroom. I already returned it on the way home because I would rather put another $100 toward a larger one than that.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:32 pm

I may return this pair of pajama pants I got. Tried them on and they fit, but I'm not crazy about how they feel.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:38 pm

Nope, I'm kool with everything I got.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:06 pm

I may re-gift those sunglasses I found on Xmas day. Not my style (Aviator).
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:39 pm

Shale wrote:I may re-gift those sunglasses I found on Xmas day. Not my style (Aviator).

You should re-think that Shale. I think you look nice in them. (I saw the pic in the other thread)
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:36 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:Nothing to return.

No, you aren't wrong. He IS a motherfucker, with obviously no consideration for how his kids would feel about this (if they knew). Terrible.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:39 pm

Very rare that I return gifts ~ haven't done it in many, many years.

But I would love to exchange the ABBA cd that was given to us. Store sticker was removed, though. This person gave us this same cd last year and what's worse ~ I hate ABBA and always have! This one I may regift.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:46 pm

Nope. Everything was great.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 4:36 am