Should underage boys be able to donate sperm? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should underage boys be able to donate sperm?

Go down 
+6
Tony Marino
Chris
captainbryce
Kral
Forgiveness Man
femme fatale
10 posters
AuthorMessage
femme fatale
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
femme fatale

Female
Rep : 46

Should underage boys be able to donate sperm? Empty
PostSubject: Should underage boys be able to donate sperm?   Should underage boys be able to donate sperm? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 9:02 pm

I just read a story about a 16 year old boy who donated his sperm to his aunts lesbian lover so that they could conceive a baby. Do you think this should have been legal? My initial gut reaction is no, but the more I think about it, the less I see a reason why not. Like any grown man who donates sperm, the boy wasn't at all bound for legal responsibility. It's not like he became a "teen father" in the traditional sense with his future hindered from it.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Should underage boys be able to donate sperm?   Should underage boys be able to donate sperm? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 9:25 pm

Nah, pass on this.
Back to top Go down
Kral
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Kral

Female
Rep : 30

PostSubject: Re: Should underage boys be able to donate sperm?   Should underage boys be able to donate sperm? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 10:10 pm

Even though I can't really argue a reason why not and don't see any real harm in it, I'm still inclined to say no. It's an adult procedure and should stay one.
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male
Rep : 127

PostSubject: Re: Should underage boys be able to donate sperm?   Should underage boys be able to donate sperm? EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 1:53 am

As typical, I'm going to play devil's advocate and say yes. It's not like most teenage boys aren't "donating" sperm every day which routinely goes to waist. As long as they have parental consent, I don't really see why they shouldn't be allowed to do this.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Should underage boys be able to donate sperm?   Should underage boys be able to donate sperm? EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 11:24 pm

Not without parental consent, but honestly, I can't imagine too many parents who would permit their underage son to donate sperm.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Should underage boys be able to donate sperm?   Should underage boys be able to donate sperm? EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 11:36 pm

captainbryce wrote:
As typical, I'm going to play devil's advocate and say yes. It's not like most teenage boys aren't "donating" sperm every day which routinely goes to waist. As long as they have parental consent, I don't really see why they shouldn't be allowed to do this.

I agree with what the Captain says and definetly parental consent should factor into it before the donation. I see nothing wrong with it at all.
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: Should underage boys be able to donate sperm?   Should underage boys be able to donate sperm? EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 2:02 pm

I'm undecided on this one. On one side, it's the boy's decision and it is harmless. Males - particularly teenage boys - have plenty to spare! But on the other side, part of me says that things like this should be for adults only. I'm indecisive on this one.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Should underage boys be able to donate sperm?   Should underage boys be able to donate sperm? EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 9:29 pm

I don't think they should at all. I don't think that a majority of 17 year olds would have the maturity to do it for the right reasons.

In the example given, I am totally against it, as this baby is going to be his cousin. So, what in 10 years, when bio dad is older? How hard to know that it is part your baby, but belongs solely to your aunts.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Should underage boys be able to donate sperm?   Should underage boys be able to donate sperm? EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 12:55 am

I think I'm more disturbed that the sperm was given to his aunt's lover than by the fact that he's 16. That means he fathered his own cousin? Unless they keep it totally anonymous as the kid grows up, how are they going to explain that one to the kid? I think 16 is very young. ITA that is seems more of an adult decision. but then kids are allowed to donate bone marrow and whatnot to siblings, so maybe this isn't all that different? I guess I'm undecided, too.
Back to top Go down
JM130ELM
…is Necessary.
…is Necessary.
JM130ELM

Male
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: Should underage boys be able to donate sperm?   Should underage boys be able to donate sperm? EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 1:05 am

It's not the donating of sperm that so much bothers me, it's the possible lack of maturity someone his age probably has to reconcile the situation. An adult male who donates can better detach himself from this than a teenager could. I can imagine a 16 year old boy who fathers a child with an extended family member via sperm donation wouldn't necessarily be mature enough to accept that the baby won't be his in any way that matters, and would grapple w/ thinking "that's my kid" against the having no legal parental claim on it every time he sees the kid.

That alone should make this kind of process limited to grown men.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female

PostSubject: Re: Should underage boys be able to donate sperm?   Should underage boys be able to donate sperm? EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 1:47 am

Yeah - if it had been a total stranger, I might have felt differently, but the fact that this kid will be his cousin? Can you imagine the family get togethers?
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Should underage boys be able to donate sperm?   Should underage boys be able to donate sperm? EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:05 am

Ya, the family gatherings would not be cool..
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female

PostSubject: Re: Should underage boys be able to donate sperm?   Should underage boys be able to donate sperm? EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:19 am

I wonder how the kid will explain things to friends, too. Will he be bragging about it? keep it quiet? What happens if the kids ends up looking exactly like him? Babies are often born looking more like their fathers than their mothers.
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male
Rep : 127

PostSubject: Re: Should underage boys be able to donate sperm?   Should underage boys be able to donate sperm? EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 10:50 am

TSJFan4Ever wrote:
Yeah - if it had been a total stranger, I might have felt differently, but the fact that this kid will be his cousin? Can you imagine the family get togethers?
I agree with this. I'm okay for doing it for a stranger, but not a family member.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should underage boys be able to donate sperm?   Should underage boys be able to donate sperm? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should underage boys be able to donate sperm?
Page 1 of 1