CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Forgiveness Man
Alan Smithee
Nystyle709
Chris
8 posters

If Al Gore ran for president again

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

If Al Gore ran for president again Empty If Al Gore ran for president again

Post by Chris Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:06 am

Would you vote for him? I did the last time, and, well…

If Al Gore ran for president again George_Bush_300
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

If Al Gore ran for president again Empty Re: If Al Gore ran for president again

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:45 am

Probably. If there wasn't a better candidate. I wouldn't vote for him if he tried to run against Obama though.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:05 am

I'd probably have to if the Republicans were running someone like Sarah Palin or Bobby Jindal.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:37 am

Why would I vote for ole crazy? I lived through the Bush years and they were better than the current years. I looked at things that effected the lives of people I know back then and now, and I frankly see things as much worse now. Bush, flawed man though he was, was never a vote we regretted given Gore/Kerry were his alternatives.

I don't think you could pay me to vote for a wacko like Al Gore. The man just redefines out-of-touch.

Last edited by Forgiveness_Man on Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:44 am

Nope.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:47 am

Forgiveness_Man wrote:Why would I vote for ole crazy? I lived through the Bush years and they were better than the current years. I looked at things that effected the lives of people I know back then and now, and I frankly see things as much worse now. Bush, flawed man though he was, was never a vote we regretted given Gore/Kerry were his alternatives.

I don't think you could pay me to vote for a wacko like Al Gore. The man just redefines out-of-touch.

Things are the way they are now because of the Bush years.

As far as voting for Al Gore, probably not, but it really depends.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:51 am

tmontyb wrote:Things are the way they are now because of the Bush years.

As far as voting for Al Gore, probably not, but it really depends.

Uh, nope. They are the way they are now because of those who took office in 06/08, when the problems started. Instead of blaming the past, I'd like to see the current admin take some responsibility instead of always pointing the finger; it's getting old.

I do believe that we'd be in much worse shape now if Al Gore had won, although I am sure we'd probably have a Republican president now if he had so it might've canceled out some of it. I don't need hypocritical Al Gore ever showing his face on the political arena ever again. I think he should just stay in his mansion. He's never even as entertaining as Obama so that's another strike against him.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male

Post by tmontyb Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:59 am

Uh, nope. They are the way they are now because of those who took office

This is typical of conservatives and some people in general. Selective memory. Facts are facts, but I don't disagree that the current administrations should get it right, which there is still time to do.

Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:41 pm

tmontyb wrote:

This is typical of conservatives and some people in general. Selective memory. Facts are facts, but I don't disagree that the current administrations should get it right, which there is still time to do.

I say the liberals are the ones with the selective memory and that using Bush to excuse poor leadership now is typical of liberals. Comments like yours are basically just political dust, IMO. Razz

I remember the Bush years very well, no selectiveness necessary, and they were good times compared to now. We just had more negative coverage back then.

Anyway, this ain't about Bush; it's about Gore. And Gore sucks. Razz He's been reduced to an end times prophet wannabe.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:13 pm

Besides, I'd say that his judge of character needs to be questioned, he is married to Little Miss 'Twisted Sister is too filthy for our children' after all.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male

Post by tmontyb Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:22 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:
    tmontyb wrote:

I say the liberals are the ones with the selective memory and that using Bush to excuse poor leadership now is typical of liberals. Comments like yours are basically just political dust, IMO. Razz

I remember the Bush years very well, no selectiveness necessary, and they were good times compared to now. We just had more negative coverage back then.

Anyway, this ain't about Bush; it's about Gore. And Gore sucks. Razz He's been reduced to an end times prophet wannabe.

You brought Bush up. Just saying........
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:29 pm

^^^^To clarify a point about why I'd never vote for the prophet of doom. Didn't intend to fight about it. Razz
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:09 pm

Supernova wrote:Besides, I'd say that his judge of character needs to be questioned, he is married to Little Miss 'Twisted Sister is too filthy for our children' after all.

Not anymore. Well, just barely.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:40 pm

George W. Bush's presidency was always so bizarre to me. After his fathers term in office being largely considered a failed one, I never understood how anyone would consider voting someone else from that family into office.

That being said, while I voted for Al Gore, in hindsight I'm not sure I regret his not taking office in 2001. He wouldn't had gotten the country into that silly ass war with Iraq and probably wouldn't have led the economy into as much of a recession, but I'm not confident he would have been effective with things like 9/11 or Katrina.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:42 pm

Impact wrote:George W. Bush's presidency was always so bizarre to me. After his fathers term in office being largely considered a failed one, I never understood how anyone would consider voting someone else from that family into office.
    If you wanna make an unacceptable choice acceptable, make the alternative even more unacceptable.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:44 pm

If he were the democratic presidential candidate I would. I don't know how much I would champion him in the primaries though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 8:35 am