CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Did anyone Get flooded out this weekend?

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Did anyone Get flooded out this weekend? Empty Did anyone Get flooded out this weekend?

Post by Tony Marino Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:57 pm

Saturday the Northeast was hit with a Tropical Storm that to me was more like a Hurricane. I have never in my life seen wind that was this strong that it took down hundreds of trees everwhere, knocked out powerlines, and caused flooding. Trees were falling on top of cars and houses and powerlines were in the streets. Listening to that wind blow was pretty scary!
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Did anyone Get flooded out this weekend? Empty Re: Did anyone Get flooded out this weekend?

Post by Kral Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:59 pm

Didn't get flooded, but we did get some rain. We're expected to get more. Looks like Spring is making an early entrance round these parts.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Did anyone Get flooded out this weekend? Empty Re: Did anyone Get flooded out this weekend?

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:47 pm

Tony Marino wrote:Saturday the Northeast was hit with a Tropical Storm that to me was more like a Hurricane. I have never in my life seen wind that was this strong that it took down hundreds of trees everwhere, knocked out powerlines, and caused flooding. Trees were falling on top of cars and houses and powerlines were in the streets. Listening to that wind blow was pretty scary!

What part of New York are you in? Yes...that shit was killer this weekend. And I actually had to go out to work in that mess. I've never seen the winds so strong either...my umbrella went to shit and I literally got soaked just walking from my car to the building. What's crazy to me though is that yesterday, I had a power outage and Con Ed didn't get it fixed until 8 pm. Now how am I gonna have a power outage AFTER the storm? Things that make you go "hmmmm"....
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:49 pm

I'm on the west coast but I heard about the floods. Was there much damage down to your area?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:54 pm

Robbie wrote:I'm on the west coast but I heard about the floods. Was there much damage down to your area?

None hardly where I live, that's why I didn't understand why my power was out. But I am close to Howard Beach and they had couple of light poles and tress uprooted. And there was quite a bit of flooding.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:13 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
    Tony Marino wrote:Saturday the Northeast was hit with a Tropical Storm that to me was more like a Hurricane. I have never in my life seen wind that was this strong that it took down hundreds of trees everwhere, knocked out powerlines, and caused flooding. Trees were falling on top of cars and houses and powerlines were in the streets. Listening to that wind blow was pretty scary!

What part of New York are you in? Yes...that shit was killer this weekend. And I actually had to go out to work in that mess. I've never seen the winds so strong either...my umbrella went to shit and I literally got soaked just walking from my car to the building. What's crazy to me though is that yesterday, I had a power outage and Con Ed didn't get it fixed until 8 pm. Now how am I gonna have a power outage AFTER the storm? Things that make you go "hmmmm"....

That is very bizarre that your power went out after the fact. Lucky mine stayed on but blinked all day and night. Long Island is where I am from.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:43 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
    Nystyle709 wrote:

That is very bizarre that your power went out after the fact. Lucky mine stayed on but blinked all day and night. Long Island is where I am from.

Yeah, I still don't understand it. I live in Queens...damn near Long Island actually. I live right on the border...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:05 am