Edgar Allan Poe Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Edgar Allan Poe

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Edgar Allan Poe Empty
PostSubject: Edgar Allan Poe   Edgar Allan Poe EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 1:48 pm

A lot of his stories are very well known and he's even credited as writing the first mystery/detective story with the Murders in the Rue Morgue, but of all his stories, which one are you particular to?

My favorite story has always been The Telltale Heart, the whole concept just always struck me as being very freaky, but I like it.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

Edgar Allan Poe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edgar Allan Poe   Edgar Allan Poe EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:40 pm

As a kid I read a lot of his stories, I had a complete volume of all of his stories. I do recall the Tell Tale Heart vaguely and I remember the Raven but Ligea (sp?) stands out in my mind about a man and his dead wife, I remember getting the creeps out of that one.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

Edgar Allan Poe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edgar Allan Poe   Edgar Allan Poe EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 3:17 pm

I think I read Ligeia back in October but very little of it, I'll have to read it again.

I remember once on the show Homicide: Life on the Street, Munch had a case where the victim had been bricked up in a wall for years like in an Edgar Allan Poe story...and I thought it was the Black Cat, I haven't read the Black Cat but heard an audio version of it and the narrator confesses to killing his wife and bricking her body up in the wall...but then I read another story, I don't remember the name, where one man is drunk and laughing and another man who went with him is bricking him up, so I guess the one Munch was referring to would be the latter.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

Edgar Allan Poe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edgar Allan Poe   Edgar Allan Poe EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 4:35 pm

Supernova wrote:
I think I read Ligeia back in October but very little of it, I'll have to read it again.

I remember once on the show Homicide: Life on the Street, Munch had a case where the victim had been bricked up in a wall for years like in an Edgar Allan Poe story...and I thought it was the Black Cat, I haven't read the Black Cat but heard an audio version of it and the narrator confesses to killing his wife and bricking her body up in the wall...but then I read another story, I don't remember the name, where one man is drunk and laughing and another man who went with him is bricking him up, so I guess the one Munch was referring to would be the latter.

I think I recall a movie I saw about a black cat bricked up in a wall, I think it was one of those 3 story horror movies. There could have also been a body in the wall with the cat your description brought back a vague memory.

Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

Edgar Allan Poe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edgar Allan Poe   Edgar Allan Poe EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 4:41 pm

It was because when the police came and they saw the new wall, the man showed them how sturdy it was by hitting it and there came a loud inhuman scream from inside the wall, and they took the bricks out and found out the cat had been sealed up in there with the dead wife.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

Edgar Allan Poe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edgar Allan Poe   Edgar Allan Poe EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 5:22 pm

Supernova wrote:
It was because when the police came and they saw the new wall, the man showed them how sturdy it was by hitting it and there came a loud inhuman scream from inside the wall, and they took the bricks out and found out the cat had been sealed up in there with the dead wife.

What movie was that from, I know I saw it awhile ago.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

Edgar Allan Poe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edgar Allan Poe   Edgar Allan Poe EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 5:51 pm

I haven't seen the movie but that was how it ended in the version I heard. They build it up so you think the scream was from the wife who has been dead for several days, but it's the cat.
Back to top Go down
MidniteCowboi
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
MidniteCowboi

Male
Rep : 4

Edgar Allan Poe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edgar Allan Poe   Edgar Allan Poe EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 8:39 pm

Fall of the House of Usher, Tell Tale Heart, Masque of the Red Death, and the poems: Annabel Lee and The Raven are my faves.
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

Edgar Allan Poe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edgar Allan Poe   Edgar Allan Poe EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 4:34 pm

I'm a big fan of Poe! Some of my favorite stories of his are: "The Tell-Tale Heart", "The Black Cat" and "The Masque of the Red Death." My favorite poems of his are: "The Raven", "Annabel Lee" and "Alone."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edgar Allan Poe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edgar Allan Poe   Edgar Allan Poe Empty

Back to top Go down

Edgar Allan Poe
Page 1 of 1