Vacationing solo Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vacationing solo

Go down 
+7
Nystyle709
TPP
CeCe
Forgiveness Man
RedBedroom
Shale
Chris
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Vacationing solo Empty
PostSubject: Vacationing solo   Vacationing solo EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 11:00 am

How many of you vacation solo? I've never done it, but a good friend of mine has been doing it for years. He hates having travel companions on vacations, and prefers to go at it alone. I'd be bored not having anyone to talk to, but hey.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

Vacationing solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vacationing solo   Vacationing solo EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:28 pm

I have taken several short 4-day Caribbean cruises alone. I took them because they were such a cheap way to get away but I paid almost as much for a cabin by myself as if I paid for two.

I would offer to take a travel companion but have to find someone who can take off from work and has a passport.

I still see very affordable little 4 & 5 day cruises, but got tired of just hanging by myself. However, with 3K ppl on a ship there is still stuff to do.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Vacationing solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vacationing solo   Vacationing solo EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:54 pm

Shale, does a person need a passport for a cruise? I went on one many years ago and was fine with just my birth certificate, so I am curious if they changed the rules.

To answer the OP, I could go anywhere in the world alone, and be happy as a clam. Though for a big trip, I would feel guilty for spending all that money for just me, without my family.

I go to Chicago alone regularly, and love it.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

Vacationing solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vacationing solo   Vacationing solo EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:55 pm

I'd be bored and depressed.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

Vacationing solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vacationing solo   Vacationing solo EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 2:03 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
Shale, does a person need a passport for a cruise? I went on one many years ago and was fine with just my birth certificate, so I am curious if they changed the rules.
Yeah for about three years now. There was a time you only needed a drivers license of some kind of official ID to do the Caribbean travel but they changed to require passports.

It was a real pain since the State Dept, didn't plan on the influx of applications and I was sweating it down to the week before my 2007 cruise. That cruise I took with my 15-year-old grandson and had to tell him we may have to cancel - but they finally got my passport to me (at more expense out of my pocket for overnite handling - the bastards).

Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Vacationing solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vacationing solo   Vacationing solo EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 2:05 pm

Thanks for answering my question, Shale. I have told a couple people over the years that I did not need anything but my birth cert., so I am glad to have the current information now.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

Vacationing solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vacationing solo   Vacationing solo EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 6:38 pm

I would love to be able to do something by myself (besides that lol) for a change. It would be a nice break at least once.
Back to top Go down
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female
Rep : 69

Vacationing solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vacationing solo   Vacationing solo EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 7:03 pm

I'd love to take a trip alone! I don't see it happening for a LONG time though.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

Vacationing solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vacationing solo   Vacationing solo EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 7:58 pm

I have before and there is nothing wrong with it. I used to be like it would be more fun to vacation with people and because I didn't have anyone to go with, I just wouldn't go. I stopped that because I don't like waiting on people. I'll try to get a group together go somewhere and if they all have excuses as to why they can't go, then that's their problem. I'll go by my damn self.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

Vacationing solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vacationing solo   Vacationing solo EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:30 pm

if i were to ever vacation, no i couldnt go alone...i'd have to have somebody wit me
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

Vacationing solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vacationing solo   Vacationing solo EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:35 pm

I'll try to get somebody to go with me but I'm not staying home if I can't. Its just like going to the movies, if nobody wants to see what I wanna see then I'll just go by myself. But I prefer groups.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

Vacationing solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vacationing solo   Vacationing solo EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:37 pm

RobbieFTW wrote:
I'll try to get somebody to go with me but I'm not staying home if I can't. Its just like going to the movies, if nobody wants to see what I wanna see then I'll just go by myself. But I prefer groups.

see i cant do that either... i dont go to movies by myself, or go to restaurants by myself.. id rather rent a movie and get take out an chill at home.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

Vacationing solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vacationing solo   Vacationing solo EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 3:57 pm

I never have, but I would.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

Vacationing solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vacationing solo   Vacationing solo EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 4:34 pm

I used to do it often. Still do, if my husband can't or doesn't want to go.

When I went to NYC for almost 2 wks I did it solo. A few people hinted and said that they wanted to go along, but I just couldn't do it. Some of my friends, despite loving them to death, I would murder if we vacationed together.

But my ability to do things alone may stem from being raised as an only child with a remarkable ability to self-entertain. It isn't for everybody.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vacationing solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vacationing solo   Vacationing solo Empty

Back to top Go down

Vacationing solo
Page 1 of 1