Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like

Go down 
+8
Tony Marino
MandyPerfumeGirl
Cheaps
RedBedroom
Shale
Nystyle709
Alan Smithee
Supernova
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like   Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 2:37 am

I got another one to add to this list, just saw this one tonight: X The Unknown, a Hammer film from 1956. Two years before The Blob, and a LOT more intellectually put together while dealing with something of the same material.

Granted, a vast difference is THIS blob doesn't come from outer space, but rather the center of the Earth, and it's not acidic, it doesn't feed off of people, but all the same it's a giant killer mass that won't stop at anything to get to what it's after, and it's up to the people to figure out how to stop it, only here it's not the townspeople, but a scientist.

The effects are...questionable I'd say, in showing us the 'unknown' the special effects are not exactly corny but not very convincing, the effects showing what it can do to its victims were very convincing I thought, but all the same the movie freaked the hell out of me and I was gah-LUED to this movie, I usually don't see movies that I think 'I don't want to miss a minute of this', if I have to get up and leave the room, alright, I won't miss much, not this movie, this one had my full, undivided attention. Highly recommended.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like   Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 3:59 am

A Bronx Tale
Eddie an the Cruisers
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like   Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 11:31 am

alan smithee wrote:
Red, did you check out the one link I posted? They had it for less than $12. Don't know about S&H. You're so right about W.H.M. I watched him again last night in Mystery Men (he's The Shoveler). He delivers one of my favorite lines of all time. "We've got a blind date with destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster." I'll take a chance and recommend another movie to you. He has a small role and it's set in Chicago. Jerry and Tom starring Joe Mantegna as used car salesman/hit man, Tom and Sam Rockwell as his young protege, Jerry. I'd call it a black comedy. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120867/

Thanks for the other movie recommendation!

I did see it for $12 on that link. I am SUPER cheap when it comes to some things, buying DVD's is one of the things I don't spend a lot on. I am going to keep checking Ebay and one day I will find it at a decent price. I checked Big Lots yesterday, because I read on IMDb that someone found it there...no luck.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like   Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 4:50 pm

The Big Red One with Mark Hamill and Lee Marvin.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like   Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sex*But Were Afraid To Ask. Early Woody Allen.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like   Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 10:55 pm

Dinner Rush
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like   Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 1:36 pm

Fat City
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like   Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:45 pm

love potion #9
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like   Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:46 pm

Freeway wit reese witherspoon
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like   Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 6:47 pm

Just about every movie I like is unpopular, ignored, or forgotten. FORGIVENESS MAN Like 12 and Holding and Reservation Road! Both awesome and powerful movies but hardly anyone knows about 'em.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like   Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 1:52 am

Slaughterhouse-Five
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like   Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 9:18 am

Do we consider Changeling part of this category?
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like   Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 7:26 pm

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like   Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 7:29 pm

Edges of the Lord wasn't too bad.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like   Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 9:29 pm

welcome to the dollhouse
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like   Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 9:48 pm

Breaker Morant
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like   Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 1:44 am

Love At First Bite 1978 - FUNNY vampire movie with George Hamilton and Susan St. James. Dracula (Hamilton) is kicked out of his castle by the communist Romanian government who turn it into an Olympic Gymnastics camp (Romanians won all the gymnastics medal in the 70s). He comes to NY and falls in love with Susan St. James.

Student Bodies the first horror spoof that I know of. It points out unlocked doors and keeps a body count written on the screen.

Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like   Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 4:19 am

Love At First Bite--- George Hamilton was hot as a vampire
Student Bodies - the first horror spoof that i know of
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male
Rep : 127

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like   Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 9:06 pm

The Chumbscrubber
L.I.E.
Running With Scissors
Lymelife
Frailty
Saved
The Dangerous Lives of Alter Boys
Mean Creek
The Mudge Boy
Undertow
Memento
Brick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like   Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Unpopular, ignored, and forgotten movies that you like
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2