Books that should be movies Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Books that should be movies

Go down 
+3
Supernova
Forgiveness Man
Chris
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Books that should be movies Empty
PostSubject: Books that should be movies   Books that should be movies EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 10:11 am

This book, Composition in Black and White, about the tragic life and death of Philipa Schuyler should to be made into a motion picture. Her parents believed in this theory that they coined as "Hybrid Vigor," that biracial children were superior to "pure race" children, so when Philipa Duke Schuyler was born a prodigy their theory went into high gear. Her mother kept meticulous notes of Philipa's life; maintaining a journal of her until she was of age to write in a diary herself. Philipa was kept on a strict raw diet. Later on Philipa tried to pass as Portuguese, then Madagascaran, and still didn't get accepted. Before she died in a plane crash, she said she would always be a black woman. Her mother ended up committing suicide, while her dad died alone in a hospital.

Books that should be movies Composition-in-black-and-white-the-life-of-philippa-schuyler-12921396
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Books that should be movies   Books that should be movies EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 10:14 am

MINE! ALL SIX OF MINE! MWUHAHAHHAHAHA! evil grin

Oh and The Christmas Sweater too. I liked that. Smile
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Books that should be movies   Books that should be movies EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 11:28 am

Even though they could never be done today with any justice, I think it would be interesting to see the other Oz stories made into movies, I think Ozma of Oz would be particularly interesting to see.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Books that should be movies   Books that should be movies EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 2:20 pm

Why I Jumped: My True Story of Postpartum Depression, Dramatic Rescue & Return to Hope

This woman's story is very interesting. She made national news when she jumped off a bridge and was grabbed by a police officer, saving her from falling. It was all caught by his dash board camera. (There is actually a ledge off the bridge that runs parallel with the bridge's pavement, which she hit as he grabbed her, but that detail was left off news coverage as it makes the story less sensational).

Her childhood was very interesting and the book is very well written, leading the reader through her downward spiral into the postpartum depression. I think it would be an excellent movie, if just a made-for-tv movie.

Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Books that should be movies   Books that should be movies EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 5:55 am

I'd love to see an ACCURATE portrayal of "The Dark Is Rising" books, not the... joke of an adaption that came out that bore NOTHING in common with the book other than the character's name.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Books that should be movies   Books that should be movies EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 2:23 am

A Long Way from Chicago would I think definitely make a very good movie.

Also, Fannie Flagg's Can't Wait to Get to Heaven

and I said this before, but the rest of the Wizard of Oz books by L. Frank Baum, I mean come on, there are 14 other books in that series, how have none of them ever been turned into a major motion picture?

I'd also like to see the remake of Fahrenheit 451 get off the ground sometime in the next century. It's been 15 years and still nobody is giving it the greenlight because they're afraid 13 year olds won't want to see it, what the hell?

Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Books that should be movies   Books that should be movies EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 6:32 am

Supernova wrote:
I'd also like to see the remake of Fahrenheit 451 get off the ground sometime in the next century.
Wait a sec...you want a remake?! bitch-slapped

ROFLMAO!
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Books that should be movies   Books that should be movies EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 6:40 am

I'd like to see someone give The Sirens of Titan a shot. Also, I wouldn't mind Slapstick and Breakfast of Champions getting better treatment than they did the first time.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Books that should be movies   Books that should be movies EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 10:22 am

alan smithee wrote:
Supernova wrote:
I'd also like to see the remake of Fahrenheit 451 get off the ground sometime in the next century.
Wait a sec...you want a remake?! bitch-slapped

ROFLMAO!

If you ever saw the original, you'd know why. Besides, Mel Gibson is no longer involved with the picture so the people who ARE want to stick to the book's story instead of screwing it up by turning it into an action movie. If they had intentions of making this one and not doing it justice, they would've done it long before 15 years later.
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male
Rep : 62

PostSubject: Re: Books that should be movies   Books that should be movies EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 11:42 am

Anything by David Sedaris.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Books that should be movies   Books that should be movies Empty

Back to top Go down

Books that should be movies
Page 1 of 1