CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

In what ways do you improve the quality of another person's life or other people's lives?

CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

In what ways do you improve the quality of another person's life or other people's lives? Empty In what ways do you improve the quality of another person's life or other people's lives?

Post by CatEyes10736 Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:37 pm

Whether it's those close to you or not, how have you improved the quality of life for other people? This could be small trivial little things such as a little help with something, something you do regularly that makes a larger impact, or a big thing you have done to make a positive change for a large group. If you've never done anything for anyone else, and there's nothing that you want to do for other people, share what you do to improve your own life.

It's not really a big deal, but the lady who lives next to me is older (70+) and doesn't drive. She lives by herself, but has kids who are over on a regular basis, so she's not totally alone and is taken care of. But once I was on my porch and she comes over and asks if I could run to the local CVS to pick up her prescriptions because they were ready and her kids were still at work. It was no problem, the store was just five blocks away. After that I'd periodically ask if she had any prescriptions she needed picked up and sometimes she says yes, but usually says no. Sometimes when I'm running to the supermarket, I'll call her ask if she needs anything while I'm there. Sometimes she says yes, sometimes no. She appreciates my asking and I'm happy to do it.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

In what ways do you improve the quality of another person's life or other people's lives? Empty Re: In what ways do you improve the quality of another person's life or other people's lives?

Post by RedBedroom Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:45 pm

I love photography and I take a lot of photos for people and never charge. I used to do even more than I do now, but people were taking advantage of it. Fellow parents of kids involved in my son's sport didn't even say thank you and asked specifically for certain shots with no offer of thanks or compensation. So, now I only do it for the kids and for people from the town my dad lives in.
    Wadsworth
    Wadsworth
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 16

In what ways do you improve the quality of another person's life or other people's lives? Empty Re: In what ways do you improve the quality of another person's life or other people's lives?

Post by Wadsworth Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:50 pm

It's not a regular thing I do but I once blew the snow out from in front of my neighbors house when I was going my own. I didnt ask but I just went and did it to be cool. Hour later I hear a knock at the door and the lady and son all cheesin thanking me like crazy.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:29 pm

When I was younger I did a lot of volunteer work - like at a free clinic in New Orleans for the counter-culture transients and no-income residents in the early '70s. Then I worked with a doctor at a free clinic in India during my 4-month stay there in the mid '70s.

In the mid '80s I was doing massages for AIDS patients at the county hospital with the PALMS Foundation. I continued that at another AIDS resource agency in the '90s.

Now I just work at my office job at a home for intellectually disabled adults - but they pay me for that. So I donate to some charities - and as they say it begins at home. I have helped keep my family's head above drowning in this economy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:54 am