CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Identity Theft

JM130ELM
    JM130ELM
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Male
    Rep : 32

Identity Theft Empty Identity Theft

Post by JM130ELM Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:29 am

Have you ever been a victim of identity theft? I have but my credit card company caught it almost immediately and took care of it; issuing my me a brand new card number, etc. It is a creepy feeling. The person or persons involved were in Nebraska; and I live in Chicago. I was required just for protocol to call the Chicago Police Department and they sent over two officers and took all the information for an Official Police Report. It's still a strange feeling; and even if you feel as though to be safe to some extent, there is still that thought of just how much do they have on you. It is the mystery of the unknown. If you have ever been a victim, then you understand what I am talking about.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Identity Theft Empty Re: Identity Theft

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:50 am

It happened to me a few years ago, my credit card company called me when suspicious charges started popping up. They cancelled the card sent me a new one. Now if a high amount is charged it will be declined unless I call them and tell them I am using the card for a large purchase.

GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:53 am

When I was sixteen it was discovered that some illegal had been working under my social security number.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:06 pm

Not personally but a friend of mine found charges made on her credit card on the West Coast. She reported it to the CC company and the police. The guy had somehow gotten her information through the internet, but he was easily located and was prosecuted. The idiot was stupid enough to use her card to pay for delivery pizza as well as his cable bill!
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:33 pm

Someone tried to send 5,000 worth of guns to Nigeria using one of my credit cards, and another time someone ordered 115 dollars worth of shoes with my card...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:14 am