Should Health Insurance Be Mandatory? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should Health Insurance Be Mandatory?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

Should Health Insurance Be Mandatory? Empty
PostSubject: Should Health Insurance Be Mandatory?   Should Health Insurance Be Mandatory? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 8:33 pm

Imagine if government deducted money from every employed American's paycheck for health insurance the same way they do taxes. Would you be for or against this idea?
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Should Health Insurance Be Mandatory?   Should Health Insurance Be Mandatory? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 9:33 pm

I consider health insurance essential, and don't understand why any working person would chose to NOT pay for health insurance...but it is unconstitutional for the Federal government to make people buy something they don't want. If someone is content with paying one hundred dollars for an uninsured doctors visit, then let them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Should Health Insurance Be Mandatory?   Should Health Insurance Be Mandatory? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 9:36 pm

It's wrong to force somebody to buy something they don't want. If they can do it for healthcare, they can do it for anything. Hence they shouldn't do it at all.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Should Health Insurance Be Mandatory?   Should Health Insurance Be Mandatory? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 9:43 pm

Impact wrote:
Imagine if government deducted money from every employed American's paycheck for health insurance the same way they do taxes. Would you be for or against this idea?
Well, in a way you already do. I paid about $400 dollars last year into Medicare - a health insurance for old ppl. (for which I now have a card - but still use my work health insurance).

Canada is a good model that universal health care can work and it is just because the monied interests have bought off our elected (mostly Reptilian) elected officials that we deny that we too need some kind of health care system for everyone.

Political sound bites from the Tea Party are great until you find yourself in a medical emergency and what few thousand dollars you may have in savings is about to disappear for a couple days treatment and you will become an endentured servant to some hospital and doctors for the rest of your life.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Should Health Insurance Be Mandatory?   Should Health Insurance Be Mandatory? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 1:04 am

It works for me - I live in Canada and each paycheck, a certain amount is deducted, though thanks to universal health care, my employer also chips in and so does the government. Back before I was employed in a continuing contract, I paid a bit each month but now that I have regular employment, my employer and the government contribute, as well. Mandatory health insurance works when there's universal health care and no one is denied care based on their ability or inability to pay. The quality of care also doesn't depend on your ability to pay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should Health Insurance Be Mandatory?   Should Health Insurance Be Mandatory? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should Health Insurance Be Mandatory?
Page 1 of 1