Immigration Is a Good Thing For America: Yes or No? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Immigration Is a Good Thing For America: Yes or No?

Go down 
+3
Forgiveness Man
Alan Smithee
Nhaiyel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

Immigration Is a Good Thing For America: Yes or No? Empty
PostSubject: Immigration Is a Good Thing For America: Yes or No?   Immigration Is a Good Thing For America: Yes or No? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 9:49 pm

In my opinion, accepting more immigrants helps to improve the diversity of American culture, economic development and social security.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Immigration Is a Good Thing For America: Yes or No?   Immigration Is a Good Thing For America: Yes or No? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 10:40 pm

I've never had a problem with immigration. Just assimilate and learn the language. To be fair though, the reason I have to “press 1 to continue in English” is because American businesses are trying to suck money out of everyone. That’s why I wish the U.S. had something like the Charter of the French Language in Quebec.

Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Immigration Is a Good Thing For America: Yes or No?   Immigration Is a Good Thing For America: Yes or No? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 10:50 pm

Legal immigration.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Immigration Is a Good Thing For America: Yes or No?   Immigration Is a Good Thing For America: Yes or No? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 11:10 pm

Yes and no. As I get older, I've realized that I'm not as liberal on this issue as I used to be. Wanna know what I've noticed? Go to any Dunkin' Donuts, KFC, McDonalds, Burker King...hell, any fast food joint, any gas station of course, most supermarkets, the beauty supply store, weave/wig store or any place that the workers mainly make a minimum wage. They or the HEAVY majority of them, are foreigners. Indian or Pakistani mostly. Who OWN the establishments. Meaning they are coming over here and buying up all of those traditional "American" franchises and employing mostly their own people. I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that economic development part Nhaiyel. The money is not staying here. Immigrant workers come over here and do true grunt work and get paid far less than what we as American citizens would accept. Immigrant workers are coming to the U.S., getting rich as fuck and sending every dime back to their countries so that their country can be the ones to come up. So we're not developing from it. Add the fact that the U.S. imports far more than they export. If that's goes, what do we have?The U.S. is not going to be the ecomomic superpower in the world in the next 50 yrs. Guarantee it. Now, that being said.....I'm not saying I'm rigidly against immigration or anything like that........................I'm totally for anyone coming over here and making better life for themselves and their families. I'm all for diversity. Some people need to learn about others different from themselves, but hell......as Americans, we do have our own culture. Saying that we need to accept immigrants to be diverse as if we don't have any culture of our own to covet is futile, IMO. Am I for immigration? Absolutely. But that illegal shit, and the people letting them slide on the account that you can get some cheap labor out of them........that needs to be cracked down. MAJORLY.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Immigration Is a Good Thing For America: Yes or No?   Immigration Is a Good Thing For America: Yes or No? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 1:19 am

Nystyle709 wrote:
Yes and no. As I get older, I've realized that I'm not as liberal on this issue as I used to be. Wanna know what I've noticed? Go to any Dunkin' Donuts, KFC, McDonalds, Burker King...hell, any fast food joint, any gas station of course, most supermarkets, the beauty supply store, weave/wig store or any place that the workers mainly make a minimum wage. They or the HEAVY majority of them, are foreigners. Indian or Pakistani mostly. Who OWN the establishments. Meaning they are coming over here and buying up all of those traditional "American" franchises and employing mostly their own people. I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that economic development part Nhaiyel. The money is not staying here. Immigrant workers come over here and do true grunt work and get paid far less than what we as American citizens would accept. Immigrant workers are coming to the U.S., getting rich as fuck and sending every dime back to their countries so that their country can be the ones to come up. So we're not developing from it. Add the fact that the U.S. imports far more than they export. If that's goes, what do we have?The U.S. is not going to be the ecomomic superpower in the world in the next 50 yrs. Guarantee it. Now, that being said.....I'm not saying I'm rigidly against immigration or anything like that........................I'm totally for anyone coming over here and making better life for themselves and their families. I'm all for diversity. Some people need to learn about others different from themselves, but hell......as Americans, we do have our own culture. Saying that we need to accept immigrants to be diverse as if we don't have any culture of our own to covet is futile, IMO. Am I for immigration? Absolutely. But that illegal shit, and the people letting them slide on the account that you can get some cheap labor out of them........that needs to be cracked down. MAJORLY.
That seems to be a fair assessment of the whole situation.

I am a minority here in South Florida - Born in the States with English as my primary language. It is getting better since the Cubans realize that Fidel is un vampiro and never going to die so they are starting to assimilate like the other Latinos who come here. For a while it was just a base, waiting to go back - but now their kids and grandkids have never been to the island and are American so they are getting like the Italians and Irish in the Northeast U.S.

Interesting is how many Russians are here also. Where I work I hear as much Russian as Spanish. That 'melting pot' is a quaint and inaccurate analogy. 'Ensalada' is more like it.
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: Immigration Is a Good Thing For America: Yes or No?   Immigration Is a Good Thing For America: Yes or No? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 3:57 am

America happened because of immigration, it is historically and fundamentally a nation of immigrants. Immigration is what made this country what it is today, good or bad. If it was not for immigration, we would not have much of our scientists, engineers and other technical people. Over the years, immigration has provided a willing workforce, if we didn't have the European Immigrants in the early and mid 20th century, many of the industrial growth would not have happened.

Illegal immigration, however, has the potential to be harmful and I dislike when people attempt to excuse it with my first point.
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: Immigration Is a Good Thing For America: Yes or No?   Immigration Is a Good Thing For America: Yes or No? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 3:45 pm

I'm absolutely for immigration and I think any American who is against it is a hypocrit because we are all here because our ancestors were immigrants to this country.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Immigration Is a Good Thing For America: Yes or No?   Immigration Is a Good Thing For America: Yes or No? Empty

Back to top Go down

Immigration Is a Good Thing For America: Yes or No?
Page 1 of 1