The Tiger Mom (Extreme Parenting) Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Tiger Mom (Extreme Parenting)

Go down 
+3
CatEyes10736
Nystyle709
Nhaiyel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

The Tiger Mom (Extreme Parenting) Empty
PostSubject: The Tiger Mom (Extreme Parenting)   The Tiger Mom (Extreme Parenting) EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 10:04 pm

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

What do you think about this lady? Ultra strict Chinese mother who cracks the whip on her kids, allows them little to no leisure activity. Some say it's too extreme, but her kids are accomplished, so I can't hate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: The Tiger Mom (Extreme Parenting)   The Tiger Mom (Extreme Parenting) EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 10:28 pm

Another woman trying to get her 15 mins in the limelight by peddling her needless book. Ya know, nothing she's doing is anything new. Strict parenting has been around forever. As long as she didn't abuse her kids, I don't see a problem with how she rasied them. So what. It works for some people. Every parent is different and I don't like this air of superiority she has as if she's doing a better job than parents who choose not to go that route. And I do think she's extremely lucky those girls haven't rebelled against her................................................................................yet?
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: The Tiger Mom (Extreme Parenting)   The Tiger Mom (Extreme Parenting) EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 10:43 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
And I do think she's extremely lucky those girls haven't rebelled against her................................................................................yet?

And they will, if they haven't already. She's the type of parent whose kids are accomplished goody-goody's on the surface, but wind up getting pregnant by accident. Kids of parents like her are likely to only give the illusion of "clean."
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: The Tiger Mom (Extreme Parenting)   The Tiger Mom (Extreme Parenting) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 12:57 am

Time will tell if her kids remain successful and also how happy they truly are with her.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: The Tiger Mom (Extreme Parenting)   The Tiger Mom (Extreme Parenting) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 1:50 am

She seems like of an overbearing soccer mom-type to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: The Tiger Mom (Extreme Parenting)   The Tiger Mom (Extreme Parenting) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 4:22 am

It's okay to call your children "garbage" because they'll understand how much you care about them. Really? Her kids are going to bounce off the walls when they get to college, and experience their first taste of freedom away from her.

I was raised in a similar environmen­t. It took years for me not to completely hate my mother with every cell in my body. Now she is older, still thinks everything she did was correct and can't understand why all her children view her as toxic.

I assume she's putting enough money away to pay for her children's therapy bills. Lord knows, they're going to need it.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: The Tiger Mom (Extreme Parenting)   The Tiger Mom (Extreme Parenting) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 1:45 pm

This woman is a loon. I saw her interviewed on Joy Behar's show (the news one, not the View) and she did some back peddling on the views in her book. I don't know how staunchly she is supporting her words in other interviews, as seeing that one was enough for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Tiger Mom (Extreme Parenting)   The Tiger Mom (Extreme Parenting) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Tiger Mom (Extreme Parenting)
Page 1 of 1