CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Is there "wiggle room" with a bill when it is owed to a friend?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Is there "wiggle room" with a bill when it is owed to a friend? Empty Is there "wiggle room" with a bill when it is owed to a friend?

Post by RedBedroom Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:40 am

For me I would pay first a bill I owe to a friend I hired to do a job. Or said friend never would have been hired.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Is there "wiggle room" with a bill when it is owed to a friend? Empty Re: Is there "wiggle room" with a bill when it is owed to a friend?

Post by Jason B. Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:58 am

I say no. Always pay upfront because if more than 24 hrs goes by without them being paid, it will be an issue. There should never be any payment wiggle room when someone hires someone else to do a service for them. Payment should be immediate as it would be if they were a complete stranger.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Is there "wiggle room" with a bill when it is owed to a friend? Empty Re: Is there "wiggle room" with a bill when it is owed to a friend?

Post by Chris Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:29 am

Jason B. wrote:I say no. Always pay upfront because if more than 24 hrs goes by without them being paid, it will be an issue. There should never be any payment wiggle room when someone hires someone else to do a service for them. Payment should be immediate as it would be if they were a complete stranger.

co-signs
    Pay them the same day they complete the job; their being your friend is secondary in this instance, they did a job for you and should be compensated as promptly as someone who was found in the Yellow Pages.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:12 am

In a case like this, no - wiggle room shouldn`t happen but in the case of a friend owing someone dinner, I`d say there`s a little more freedom - you treated her last time, she treats you this time.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:45 pm

This is just crazy. All week a friend has not paid her bill for plowing and salting. My guy does it for her for many apartment complexes and with the salting included, her bill is over two grand and she is not paying. She isn't taking his calls or anything. It is so crazy and very disappointing. This has literally gone on since Monday. If she takes issue with the bill she should at least talk about it. Ugh.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:09 pm

I'd say it's time to call a collections agency and ask for their advice - see what it would take. It's clear she has no intention of paying him as she is ignoring his calls. I'd step it up and let her know that you'll be contacting agencies that special in helping people get their money from those who owe them.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:34 pm

He is going to have to do something. It is currently snowing, so he really has a dilemma on his hands. He is going to plow the complexes tonight, but no salting. The only thing that is signed in contract is the plowing, so he may end up just screwed on the salting bill that she is ignoring. Which sucks because that has the highest overhead, if you don't count time. I don't really think he should plow it tonight, but he feels like if he doesn't he will be breaking the contract and may be shooting himself in the foot if he doesn't. This is just so strange because she has always paid immediately and doesn't pay monthly, so with her avoiding his calls, it is becoming obvious she is trying to not pay the salting bill.

Sorry for the venting...I am just so let down by this "friend".
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:20 am

Don't worry about venting. You have every right to vent. I would have him explain to her that while he is still required to plow, he will be unable to salt until he has been paid. He can always say he doesn't have the money for more salt, as the last time was quite costly.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:17 am

RedBedroom wrote:He is going to have to do something. It is currently snowing, so he really has a dilemma on his hands. He is going to plow the complexes tonight, but no salting. The only thing that is signed in contract is the plowing, so he may end up just screwed on the salting bill that she is ignoring. Which sucks because that has the highest overhead, if you don't count time. I don't really think he should plow it tonight, but he feels like if he doesn't he will be breaking the contract and may be shooting himself in the foot if he doesn't. This is just so strange because she has always paid immediately and doesn't pay monthly, so with her avoiding his calls, it is becoming obvious she is trying to not pay the salting bill.

Sorry for the venting...I am just so let down by this "friend".

He's right. He has to do right by the contract or him trying to get any money from her for the salting legally would be problematic, since contractually, he didn't have to do that. She's trying to avoid paying because she doesn't have the money. Now.....would you like for me to give you advice on how to handle this the diplomatic way or the street (which is quicker and more surefire) way?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:53 pm

Now.....would you like for me to give you advice on how to handle this the diplomatic way or the street (which is quicker and more surefire) way?

I will let you know Wednesday! She actually took his call today. She says she will have time Wednesday to meet and pay him. He is feeling optimistic, and I am not.

The reason I am not is because she has an assistant who did have the time to call him earlier this week to tell him not to plow that day, when we only got a dusting of snow....he wasn't going to anyway since it wasn't an inch. So, I am sure that there would have been time to cut the check and have it left in the office with the assistant this week some time or at least before next Wednesday. But hopefully, I am wrong and she will pay up.

If not, expect a pm from me asking how to handle it the street way! lol
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:08 am

No prob. Got a couple of foolproof methods...............
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:21 am

Good luck, Red! Please keep us updated.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:59 pm

Well, TSJ...he got some of it today. But she did meet with him face to face and admitted a "cash flow issue." Ugh. She promises the rest when rent checks are cashed. I am frustrated because this isn't a case of a handful of units, it is a few hundred. How snow removal isn't properly budgeted, I don't know. Though, I do think that this year they are spending more, as they have had two lawsuits due to falls on the icy sidewalks before he took over the other accounts.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:24 pm