CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Tony Marino
CeCe
Supernova
Chris
8 posters

Snooki's novel, "A Shore Thing." In stores now

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Snooki's novel, "A Shore Thing."  In stores now Empty Snooki's novel, "A Shore Thing." In stores now

Post by Chris Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:13 am

Snooki's novel, "A Shore Thing."  In stores now Snookishorethingicant
    If Hemingway was locked in a tanning bed for 48 hours and then forced to write a novel on the back of a stained cocktail napkin from Karma while inhaling fumes from the house smoosh bed, it would read a lot like the excerpts from Snooki's soon-to-be Pulitzer Prize winning work of fiction: A SHORE THING. The New York Post has the excerpts and it's everything we could've hoped for AND MORE:

• "He had an okay body. Not fat at all. And naturally toned abs. She could pour a shot of tequila down his belly and slurp it out of his navel without getting splashed in the face."
    • "Yum. Johnny Hulk tasted like fresh gorilla."
    • "Any juicehead will get some nut shrinkage. And bacne. They fly into a 'roid rage, it is a 'road' 'roid rage."
    • "I love food. I love drinking, boys, dancing until my feet swell. I love my family, my friends, my job, my boss. And I love my body, especially the badonk."
    • "Gia danced around a little, shaking her peaches for show. She shook it hard. Too hard. In the middle of a shimmy, her stomach cramped. A fart slipped out. A loud one. And stinky."

I'm pretty sure I've written that last one word for word on this blog before. Now I know what honor feels like. And I'm not going to pretend like I won't be reading Snooki's own "On the Road" this summer when I'm baking my nips on the roof of the Holiday Inn. Don't worry, I'll cover it with the jacket from a more respected novel. Like something by Jackie Collins. Or maybe I'll just wait for the movie version directed by Almodóvar and starring Penelope Cruz.

Next Up On Oprah's Book Club... | Dlisted
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Snooki's novel, "A Shore Thing."  In stores now Empty Re: Snooki's novel, "A Shore Thing." In stores now

Post by Supernova Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:14 am

Further proof that any boob can write a book, so I should have no trouble when I get my novel finished.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Snooki's novel, "A Shore Thing."  In stores now Empty Re: Snooki's novel, "A Shore Thing." In stores now

Post by CeCe Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:58 am

No ghost writer here ROFLMAO! I'll be glad when this fascination has run its course.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:10 pm

CeCe wrote:No ghost writer here ROFLMAO! I'll be glad when this fascination has run its course.

Nope. Pretty safe to say that those were her own words. laughing
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:49 pm

I hear the Jersey Shore is going to Italy!! No Joke!

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/01/25/jersey-shore-italy-season-4/
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:52 pm

I won't be rushing out for this "gem"!!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:02 am

Her literary style is reminiscent of the father of gonzo journalism, Dr. Hunter S. Thompson.

NOT!

A room full of chimpanzees pounding away on keyboards would produce something better.

This is one reason why I hate "reality" TV. It makes "stars" out of people like this.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:09 am

What is Jersey Shore? I mean, I know it's a t.v. show, but what the hell is it supposed to be about?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:55 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:What is Jersey Shore? I mean, I know it's a t.v. show, but what the hell is it supposed to be about?

Jersey Shore is a reality television series on MTV that follows eight housemates spending their summers together, in the first season at the Jersey Shore, the second at Miami Beach, followed by a return to the Jersey Shore for season three, while season four will see them heading to Italy. The first season was filmed in August 2009 in a summer share in Seaside Heights but was also filmed in other towns such as Toms River, Neptune, and Atlantic City, New Jersey. The show debuted amid large amounts of controversy regarding the use of the words "Guido/Guidette," portrayals of Italian-American stereotypes, and scrutiny from locals because the cast members were not residents of the area.

Most of the cast aren't from New Jersey.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:21 pm

I'd never waste my money on a book like this, not even if I was a billionaire. The girl has obviously no talent for writing and what's sick is that they're publishing it because she's famous, not because she's talented. It's all for the sake of a lousy dollar.

But I do have to agree with Chris - it's more than what we had hoped for!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:30 pm