What are good shared hobbies with one's significant other? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What are good shared hobbies with one's significant other?

Go down 
+3
Alan Smithee
Chris
RedBedroom
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

What are good shared hobbies with one's significant other? Empty
PostSubject: What are good shared hobbies with one's significant other?   What are good shared hobbies with one's significant other? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 12:25 am

What do you like to do for fun with your significant other? I am feeling right now that we don't do enough with just the two of us, and I was wondering what everyone else does.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: What are good shared hobbies with one's significant other?   What are good shared hobbies with one's significant other? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 7:05 am

RedBedroom wrote:
What do you like to do for fun with your significant other? I am feeling right now that we don't do enough with just the two of us, and I was wondering what everyone else does.

blushing

** Get it out the gutter Chris **

My girlfriend and I play cards a lot. Believe it or not, a few weeks ago we even played Hangman, which I haven't played since I was a little kid. My daughters Playstation is here, so sometimes we play that. So we tend to do cutesy little things like that. We also have DVD night; where every week or two, one of us will go to the others place and watch whatever DVD the host selects.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: What are good shared hobbies with one's significant other?   What are good shared hobbies with one's significant other? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 9:13 am

Chris wrote:
blushing

** Get it out the gutter Chris **

Chris, I give you a boost up big grin
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: What are good shared hobbies with one's significant other?   What are good shared hobbies with one's significant other? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 9:45 am

But seriously, that's a good question Red. When I tried to think of an answer for you I realized that we don't really have "hobbies" we do together. We have common interests but they're not really things we can do "together". Like reading. We both like to read but we don't sit on the love seat with a book between us. Mrs. Smithee is a much faster reader so she got bored waiting for me to finish the page. We do things together like dinner and a movie every now and then but we don't go ballroom dancing or anything like that. Good luck on your quest. Sorry I couldn't be any help.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are good shared hobbies with one's significant other?   What are good shared hobbies with one's significant other? EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 12:02 am

LOL, Chris! Thanks, Alan!

Maybe I am just being too optimistic that we can find things to do. He works very hard and just wants to relax when he comes home, so maybe I should just let it be. I don't know...it would just be nice to go for walks or cook together or something like that.

I wonder what the hell we are going to do when my son goes to college. I did ask him one day what he thought we would do to occupy our time then and he said we could join a pool league. If I don't want to be in bars often today I sure as hell am not going to want to in 8 years.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: What are good shared hobbies with one's significant other?   What are good shared hobbies with one's significant other? EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 4:06 am

What are good shared hobbies with one's significant other? 732178 is always fun.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are good shared hobbies with one's significant other?   What are good shared hobbies with one's significant other? EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 am

Nystyle709 wrote:
What are good shared hobbies with one's significant other? 732178 is always fun.

Yeah, there is always that, I guess....But, we just don't have that kind of relationship. We are best friends and I do wish it was more booty shake , but it is just not.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: What are good shared hobbies with one's significant other?   What are good shared hobbies with one's significant other? EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 11:37 am

If not billiards, bowling? Seriously. It's something you could do as a family now and after you're empty nesters. I'm tryin', Red. I'm tryin'.
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male
Rep : 62

PostSubject: Re: What are good shared hobbies with one's significant other?   What are good shared hobbies with one's significant other? EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 11:52 am

Crossword puzzles. My non-official boyfriend and I bonded over those.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: What are good shared hobbies with one's significant other?   What are good shared hobbies with one's significant other? EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 8:53 pm

Do you have and GPS? Geocaching is a lot of fun! It's something I'd like to get into - been a few times but I don't have my own GPS.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are good shared hobbies with one's significant other?   What are good shared hobbies with one's significant other? EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 8:54 pm

Do you have and GPS? Geocaching is a lot of fun! It's something I'd like to get into - been a few times but I don't have my own GPS.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are good shared hobbies with one's significant other?   What are good shared hobbies with one's significant other? EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 12:11 pm

TSJ, OH MY WORD, that sounds so freakin' cool. I never heard of it, but looked it up. And there are people who do it in our area. I am going to read more about it and then when the weather is better, hopefully he is willing to try it.

People do it in winter, but I don't imagine it is easy or fun to learn to do when the weather is bad.

Thanks SO much for the suggestion. It really seems like something we would both enjoy.
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: What are good shared hobbies with one's significant other?   What are good shared hobbies with one's significant other? EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 8:32 pm

Me and my guy play board games (Monopoly, Scrabble, Clue) a lot. He's also BIG into putting together 2000 piece puzzles. Sometimes I'll sit down and help, but I can't last as long as he can. It gets tedious for me very quickly.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are good shared hobbies with one's significant other?   What are good shared hobbies with one's significant other? EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 9:46 pm

Hey Red - it's a LOT of fun and it's really growing in popularity. Plus, it's something you can do anywhere, as there are geocaching sites all over the world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are good shared hobbies with one's significant other?   What are good shared hobbies with one's significant other? Empty

Back to top Go down

What are good shared hobbies with one's significant other?
Page 1 of 1