CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Alan Smithee
Chris
6 posters

Do you give money to the homeless people on the streets?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Do you give money to the homeless people on the streets? Empty Do you give money to the homeless people on the streets?

Post by Chris Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:09 am

Have you even given money to homeless person on the street with a sign, or a shopping cart?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Do you give money to the homeless people on the streets? Empty Re: Do you give money to the homeless people on the streets?

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:27 am

I don’t often encounter people that unfortunate in the suburbs where I live most of my life. I mentioned in another thread that I bought someone a meal instead of giving them the money they were asking for (to buy food).
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Do you give money to the homeless people on the streets? Empty Re: Do you give money to the homeless people on the streets?

Post by Tony Marino Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:44 pm

In the City its quite common to see homeless people begging for money. As a rule I do not but sometimes I may give some loose change but very rarely. NYC does not want you to contribute to the homeless probably because there are a lot of scam artists out there.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:58 pm

I use to a lot, but like Tony said......there are a lot of scam artists out there. I did give money to a homeless (I'm assuming) man on a street holding up a sign that said he was just going to use whatever money he gets to buy beer. I thought that was deliriously honest and hilarious so I gave him a few dollars.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:30 pm

I have a coupe of times in the past, but not anymore. Gave one guy a couple of dollars and then he asked me to go into McDonald's and buy him a cup of coffee. I should have asked for my money back or told him to use that. I'll support food banks and other organizations but I don't like just handing over cash. Very few of the people where I live use the money for food. I've had friends offer them food and most times they say no - they just want the money.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:48 pm

I normally don't but did once. The guy was so exasperated about no one helping him. He said he just wanted to get a hamburger off the $1 menu. Gave him $5 & he looked like he was going to cry. Contrast to the guy who clearly had a prepared speech who asked for money one time. When he was told "can't do it today" he started cussing. Walking & looking back cussing. Then he flipped me off when I passed him again on the road. ROFLMAO!
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:51 am

LOL - I hope NO ONE gave him money I was with a friend once and this guy was REALLY rude in asking her Mom for money. He pointed to a bank and suggested she go there and withdraw money and give it to him. He was a total jerk!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:38 pm