Do you miss old MTV? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you miss old MTV?

Go down 
+7
Alan Smithee
Tony Marino
Supernova
femme fatale
tmontyb
Shale
Chris
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Do you miss old MTV? Empty
PostSubject: Do you miss old MTV?   Do you miss old MTV? EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 8:36 am

If you were around and had access MTV in its earlier years, do you miss the format of twenty-four hours of music? If it were up to you, would you return the network to its original setup (music television), or are you fine with its new format of reality and dating shows?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss old MTV?   Do you miss old MTV? EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 9:38 am

More like DID I miss it?

I never watched it.
Back to top Go down
tmontyb
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
tmontyb

Male
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss old MTV?   Do you miss old MTV? EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 9:46 am

I was in high school when it first started and it was great when it was all videos 24 hours a day. I haven't watched MTV in years and more than likely I wouldn't bother with it today. The talent and creativity is not there. I think they are better off not showing videos.
Back to top Go down
femme fatale
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
femme fatale

Female
Rep : 46

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss old MTV?   Do you miss old MTV? EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 11:12 am

I miss it in the context of what used to be. But if they were still just playing videos all day it would be nothing but endless Katy Perry and Lil Wayne so I don't think we're missing out too bad.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss old MTV?   Do you miss old MTV? EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 11:56 am

Well I think like there's a classic VH1 channel, there ought to be a classic MTV that shows all the older music videos.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss old MTV?   Do you miss old MTV? EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 1:36 pm

Yes, its turned into a garbage reality network now.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss old MTV?   Do you miss old MTV? EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 5:52 pm

To answer Chris’ question, I probably wouldn’t watch anymore even if they did change the format. Just think though. Would the world know or even care about The Material Girl and the King of Pop without the original MTV?
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss old MTV?   Do you miss old MTV? EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 6:13 pm

They would have, but not as much.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss old MTV?   Do you miss old MTV? EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 7:39 pm

I do miss old MTV. It's real fucked up that I didn't get cable until late '91, and by the non-music programming was beginning to seep into its lineup....over the next 10 years it continued to steadily become less and less about music. By the early '00s, it was just not MTV anymore. Today the network is a lifestyle network. I do wish MTV was still all about music, but what can you do? They think YouTube had made music television obsolete.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss old MTV?   Do you miss old MTV? EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 9:55 pm

Marc™ wrote:
I do miss old MTV. It's real fucked up that I didn't get cable until late '91, and by the non-music programming was beginning to seep into its lineup....over the next 10 years it continued to steadily become less and less about music. By the early '00s, it was just not MTV anymore. Today the network is a lifestyle network. I do wish MTV was still all about music, but what can you do? They think YouTube had made music television obsolete.

ditto i got cable in late 89 or early 90. i really do miss mtv when i first got it..

actually just bring back mtv jams wit bill bellamy and yo mtv raps and ill be koo.

i am guilty tho for still watchin mtv today... jersey shore, teen mom, real world and them challenges...even tho last 2 havent been on for awhile
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss old MTV?   Do you miss old MTV? EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 12:44 pm

I wish it was the same just for nostalgia's sake. I probably wouldn't watch it much anyway.
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss old MTV?   Do you miss old MTV? EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 9:05 pm

femme fatale wrote:
I miss it in the context of what used to be. But if they were still just playing videos all day it would be nothing but endless Katy Perry and Lil Wayne so I don't think we're missing out too bad.

co-signs
I miss videos on MTV in the era that videos were played, but I have little desire to see Bruno Mars and Ke$ha videos all day long and that's what "music television" would play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss old MTV?   Do you miss old MTV? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you miss old MTV?
Page 1 of 1