Pride/spirit/heritage parades Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pride/spirit/heritage parades

Go down 
+5
Marc™
MandyPerfumeGirl
Tony Marino
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Chris
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Pride/spirit/heritage parades Empty
PostSubject: Pride/spirit/heritage parades   Pride/spirit/heritage parades EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 9:24 am

What's your opinion of parades that celebrate pride (for example: gay), spirit, or heritage (example: ethnic observance)? Have you ever been to one, and if you have, did you have a good time? If you've never been to any, is it something you would ever want to do?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male
Rep : 62

PostSubject: Re: Pride/spirit/heritage parades   Pride/spirit/heritage parades EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 9:43 am

I think that taking pride in your heritage or affiliation is a great thing. However I personally think that gay pride parades are getting us nowhere. They've took the movement into a joke. Gays in this country (and all over the world) are denied the same rights and protection under the law that straight people are; we're amidst an economic downtown; we're amidst war and turmoil. And we think it's appropriate to party to bad club mixes of 80s pop songs and shout that if you don't like us, fuck off?

This is just burning bridges rather than building new ones.

--

As for other types of assemblies, I like getting together with other Germans/German Americans and celebrating. But that's more for me than to send some sort of message.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Pride/spirit/heritage parades   Pride/spirit/heritage parades EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 11:58 am

I have been to the Gay Pride Parade in New York and it is a total blast!
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: Pride/spirit/heritage parades   Pride/spirit/heritage parades EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 3:09 pm

I've never been to any such parade, but I think they're a good thing. It gives a chance for people to meet other like people and gives them an opportunity to celebrate who they are and to give any protestors or those who disagree a big "Screw You!" Though I've never been to any such parades, I can't ever see myself going. I really dislike big crowds and they make me anxious too, plus it sounds like hassle.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Pride/spirit/heritage parades   Pride/spirit/heritage parades EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 3:13 pm

Never been to one....but who knows, maybe it will be something that I do before I die.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Pride/spirit/heritage parades   Pride/spirit/heritage parades EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 3:54 pm

I think it's great! People should celebrate the person they are. They have every right to do it. Haven't myself but plan to.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Pride/spirit/heritage parades   Pride/spirit/heritage parades EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 4:08 pm

I used to go to all the Pride parades in Gainesville and Miami back in the ‘90s. They fell out of vogue for a while, but this last April there was one on South Beach that I biked down to.

It was fun being in my element, being free to be open and outrageous with like-minded ppl.

I loved the scenery
Pride/spirit/heritage parades 2010GayPrideMBApr1728Shale-1

Pride/spirit/heritage parades 2010GayPrideMBApr1711Shale

And the ambience.

Pride/spirit/heritage parades 2010GayPrideMBApr1733Shale-1

It felt good.

Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: Pride/spirit/heritage parades   Pride/spirit/heritage parades EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 9:21 pm

I'm not all that big a fan of parades themselves, but I do love the parties that come after.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Pride/spirit/heritage parades   Pride/spirit/heritage parades EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 9:22 pm

They can be a lot of fun if you're in the mood for it. The best parade ever is the West Indian Day parade on Labor Day in NYC. The Carribana parade in Toronto is dope too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pride/spirit/heritage parades   Pride/spirit/heritage parades Empty

Back to top Go down

Pride/spirit/heritage parades
Page 1 of 1