CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

The Mad Magician (1954) with Vincent Price

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

The Mad Magician (1954) with Vincent Price Empty The Mad Magician (1954) with Vincent Price

Post by Supernova Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:16 am

One of Vincent Price's lesser known horror movies but definitely not one of his worse ones. Were it not for his voice you wouldn't recognize him because this movie was done in 1954 before he grew in his trademark mustache. And oddly enough, for it being some of his earlier work, his hair looks lighter than it did in later movies, go figure. But I digress, it's a great movie.

And she doesn't get enough credit, if she gets any credit, Lenita Lane, who plays a writer in this movie, I love her performance in this movie. And what I find interesting, Vincent Price, Lenita Lane, and her husband, Crane Wilbur, who was the writer for this movie, all worked together again 5 years later when Crane Wilbur directed the 1959 remake of The Bat, which we'll get into in another thread, and in fact they reused a line from The Mad Magician in the other movie, both had women who were writers and upon seeing someone, remarked 'now THERE'S a character', a very small thing most people wouldn't notice but I did because I'm weird like that.

Anyway, back to The Mad Magician, in 1954 when it was in theaters they presented it in 3D which was still a very new concept back then, so during the movie you will see a lot of things that seem to fly out towards the screen, a buzz saw, flyers, cards, etc. And, the good news is that this movie, for anybody who might be interested in seeing it, is not going to be so hard to find, because it's up on Youtube in 8 parts. I highly recommend it.

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 5:50 am