Is it ever ok for a woman to pursue a man? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is it ever ok for a woman to pursue a man?

Go down 
+6
RiteDiva
SecHandNews
MFD10
Nystyle709
Marc™
AtownPeep
10 posters
AuthorMessage
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

Is it ever ok for a woman to pursue a man? Empty
PostSubject: Is it ever ok for a woman to pursue a man?   Is it ever ok for a woman to pursue a man? EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 6:28 pm

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever ok for a woman to pursue a man?   Is it ever ok for a woman to pursue a man? EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 6:43 pm

Yep. It's always ok, actually. The "chase" is work. Just like a man doesn't mind his wife/gf taking out the garbage or fixing the sink (if she can), he doesn't mind when she pursues him.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever ok for a woman to pursue a man?   Is it ever ok for a woman to pursue a man? EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 7:13 pm

Of course. Nothing wrong with telling someone you like them. The difference between men and women though...men work a lot harder at it. Women do it all the time, especially the trifling ones who knowingly pursue married men and men in relationships.
Back to top Go down
MFD10
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
MFD10

Female
Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever ok for a woman to pursue a man?   Is it ever ok for a woman to pursue a man? EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:19 pm

I wouldn't. When men are pursued, they have a habit of becoming arrogant and condescending. From there, they behave as though they have you by a string. The most I'd ever do is make it known that I was interested. I, however, would never outright chase. Historically, that's been the male's role and I'm fine with it.
Back to top Go down
SecHandNews
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
SecHandNews

Female
Rep : 7

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever ok for a woman to pursue a man?   Is it ever ok for a woman to pursue a man? EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:30 pm

After it was established that we were both interested, I would have no problem with making as much of an effort to keep things replenished. Some women even like to be pursued, or take the backseat, even into the courting stage...and IMO that's silly. IA with MsCrys though that some men have a habit of reacting less than humbly when they know a woman is uber-interested, so for me I'd tread lightly there.
Back to top Go down
RiteDiva
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
RiteDiva

Female
Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever ok for a woman to pursue a man?   Is it ever ok for a woman to pursue a man? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 3:56 am

I say go after what you want, so my answer is yes. But the truth is that men are usually more inclined to be the pursuers anyway, so if he's interested and knows that she's interested, then her job is half done.
Back to top Go down
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever ok for a woman to pursue a man?   Is it ever ok for a woman to pursue a man? EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 4:09 pm

Good responses. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Wadsworth
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
Wadsworth

Male
Rep : 16

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever ok for a woman to pursue a man?   Is it ever ok for a woman to pursue a man? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 7:24 pm

Naw. Don't pursue. It's gonna blow his head up. Just show him you're interested and if he's not too stupid to pick up the hints, then he will pursue you. The man is supposed to pursue the woman, not the other way around. Just look @ the animal kingdom: the female simply expresses her acceptance of the male but it's the males job to approach the female.
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever ok for a woman to pursue a man?   Is it ever ok for a woman to pursue a man? EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 10:42 pm

I think it's definitely okay for a woman to a pursue a man. With me, though, I prefer not to be the aggressor. I've played that role before and I have to do all this work to keep him interested. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
JM130ELM
…is Necessary.
…is Necessary.
JM130ELM

Male
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever ok for a woman to pursue a man?   Is it ever ok for a woman to pursue a man? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 8:53 am

In the book "Mars vs Venus," author John Grey says that men are meant to be the pursuers, and part of building attraction is for them to do the work. He states that even nice, intelligent and great women may lose the attention of a man if they pursue.

Me, I don't agree. Simply put whichever person feels a certain attraction needs to let the other party know in simple, clear and unavoidable terms. And then respect them if they say, "sorry you're not for me." Once you get over that hump, then the fun begins. Who calls who? Where do you go? Who decides? Who initiates stepping through a relationship? Stuff like that.

If you are lucky most of it is 50/50. If not, the clingy needy person shows up and you run. Or the controlling, bossy person shows up and you kick them to the curb.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever ok for a woman to pursue a man?   Is it ever ok for a woman to pursue a man? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 2:35 pm

Absolutely. As long as there's no over the top craziness involved, it doesn't matter who pursues who. If the one being pursued isn't interested then they need to drop it. But I don't think gender plays any part in it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever ok for a woman to pursue a man?   Is it ever ok for a woman to pursue a man? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is it ever ok for a woman to pursue a man?
Page 1 of 1