- The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

- The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread -

Go down 
+12
Nhaiyel
Impact
Nystyle709
SkwirtB
Wadsworth
kinetic
Marc™
Spsl19
FightSleep
Tony Marino
AtownPeep
Chris
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

- The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: One thing I anticipate about the remake   - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 4:45 am

Okay, admittedly, I'm still very skeptical of them daring to remake ANOES. There is one thing (based on the previews) though I do think is good about it, and that's that they seem to be exploring Krueger's torment of the boys. In the original, all they did was focus on Nancy and Tina. Rod admitted that he had had nightmares about Krueger, and it was obvious from his expression upon hearing Tina's and Nancy's tales that Glenn had been dreaming about him too. However, we never actually saw Freddy torment them prior to their murders. The remake -- at least the trailers suggest -- seems to dealing with that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male

PostSubject: Re: - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread -   - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 4:48 am

Kevin Yagher does Freddy's makeup the best, hands down. Although he dropped the ball bigtime with FvJ.
I never liked David Miller's Freddy makeup.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male

PostSubject: The metaphor of Freddy Krueger   - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 10:09 am

According to Robert Englund, Freddy serves as a metaphor for life's unexpected adversities.

* Freddy Krueger is being fired from your job.
* Freddy Krueger is catching a flat tire on the highway.
* Freddy Krueger is coming home to an eviction notice on your door.
* Freddy Krueger is being diagnosed with cancer.
* Freddy Krueger is being attacked at gunpoint.

He represents anything that is disastrous -- or potentially fatal -- but can ultimately be overcome by the sheer will or quick wit of the party. Agree?
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread -   - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 11:00 am

Doyen wrote:
According to Robert Englund, Freddy serves as a metaphor for life's unexpected adversities.

* Freddy Krueger is being fired from your job.
* Freddy Krueger is catching a flat tire on the highway.
* Freddy Krueger is coming home to an eviction notice on your door.
* Freddy Krueger is being diagnosed with cancer.
* Freddy Krueger is being attacked at gunpoint.

He represents anything that is disastrous -- or potentially fatal -- but can ultimately be overcome by the sheer will or quick wit of the party. Agree?

Nope. How does the wit of the party overcome Cancer?
Back to top Go down
Spsl19
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
Spsl19

Male
Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread -   - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 3:42 am

Once I dreamt that Freddy was chasing me in the street. As I ran I suddenly began to FLY. But Freddy started flying too so he was still chasing me. I eventually wound up flying to FRANCE (why I don't know) but I was safe there because for some reason France had banned Freddy from the country. lol
Back to top Go down
Spsl19
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
Spsl19

Male

PostSubject: Re: - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread -   - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 3:45 am

Said in Jackie Earle Haley's mush mouth voice.
Back to top Go down
Spsl19
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
Spsl19

Male

PostSubject: "Bring Me to Life" (The Freddy Krueger tribute)   - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 12:50 am

Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread -   - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 12:51 pm

Hey that is pretty cool! I still like Jason best!
Back to top Go down
kinetic
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
kinetic

Male
Rep : 19

PostSubject: Re: - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread -   - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 6:34 pm

That was perfect.
Back to top Go down
kinetic
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
kinetic

Male

PostSubject: Re: - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread -   - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 6:36 pm

According to Wes Craven, it's always a dream. Even when it seems like reality, it's a dream.
Back to top Go down
kinetic
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
kinetic

Male

PostSubject: Re: - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread -   - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 6:38 pm

If it gets a bad rep its probably because it's smack dab in the MIDDLE of the series and came before Dream Child and Freddy's Dead.
Back to top Go down
Spsl19
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
Spsl19

Male

PostSubject: Re: - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread -   - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 2:00 pm

Yeah Wes said that but I wonder if Jack Sholder & Ronny Yu worked behind that philosophy?
Back to top Go down
Spsl19
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
Spsl19

Male

PostSubject: Re: - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread -   - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 2:02 pm

Yeah too close to the same neighborhood as 5 & 6. I like Dream Master tho. I think its the 2nd best sequel of the series BEHIND Dream Warriors.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male

PostSubject: - The Official A Nightmare On Elm Street thread -   - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 7:12 am

- The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - - Page 2 Freddy10

Discuss all things Freddy related here!
Back to top Go down
Wadsworth
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
Wadsworth

Male
Rep : 16

PostSubject: Re: - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread -   - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 8:20 pm

I'm seeing it when it come out. Can't stand these "purists" who get mad at movies being remade cause there scared that the remake will be better than the original and that it will make them personally passee too.

It's worth checking out just to see if they can make Freddy actually be scary again. Except for parts 1 and 2, he was a corny buffoon.
Back to top Go down
Spsl19
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
Spsl19

Male

PostSubject: Re: - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread -   - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 12:53 am

Opens this Friday! Who's gonna see it?
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread -   - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 11:44 am

Äcem® wrote:

If I have time I may go see it.
Back to top Go down
SkwirtB
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
SkwirtB

Male
Rep : 6

PostSubject: Re: - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread -   - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 1:00 am

Yep I'm planning on going to the show to see it this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread -   - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 12:06 pm

Äcem® wrote:

I'll will go see it solely because this Freddy doesn't look as scary as the original Freddy.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread -   - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 1:12 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
Äcem® wrote:

I'll will go see it solely because this Freddy doesn't look as scary as the original Freddy.

Yep. This new Freddy doesn't seem frightening at all. The movie looks more "violent" than it does "scary."
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread -   - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 8:15 pm

I saw Elm Street '10 last night at a sneak preview. It started out promisingly, but in the end I had some big problems with it.

1) I feel like they really didn't utilize Freddy's creative ability for the kills. Also, most of kills in the movie were just a rehash from the other Elm Street movies.

2) The kids were falling asleep over and over again and running into Freddy, but they didn't always have serious consequences. After a while, the kids ability to keep running away from Freddy unharmed took away from Freddy's intimidating nature and presence.

3) Also, there was constant switching between the dream world and the real world, which at times felt unrealistic and contrived (and ultimately messy).

4) This is just a petty quibble, but I really wanted to see more gore. It's Elm Street...come on! Give me gore. Show me blood. Show Freddy as the sadistic and inventive villain we all rooted for in the past. I'll never forget the way he used that guy in Dream Warriors as a puppet. That was terrifying and creative.

It was also frustrating to watch Jackie Earl Haley, not because he wasn't good (he was), but because he had so little to work with script-wise. I am a big fan of Jackie Earl so I hope that when people watch this they'll be able to pinpoint the shortcomings in the script and not blame his portrayal. Under the right direction and writing, he has the potential to be as memorable in his own way as Robert Englund. I hope he comes back for a more polished sequel.

Overall, the movie left me feeling disappointed. It had a lot of potential, but it never really took off and reached its peak. For a hardcore Elm Street fan, I guess it's an obligatory viewing; for the average viewer or horror-movie buff though, it might be a waste of time. The first time I saw the original, I was left feeling disturbed by the gore and creep factor of it. This remake instead seems like it was more about showing off the obviously much bigger budget.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male

PostSubject: Re: - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread -   - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 9:51 pm

Back to top Go down
Wadsworth
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
Wadsworth

Male
Rep : 16

PostSubject: Re: - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread -   - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 10:09 am

Chris wrote:
Roger Ebert gave it only one star.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100428/REVIEWS/100429976

Im'a see it anyway. I don't expect critics to give horror good reviews because I dont really expect horror to be that good from a story-level. If its popcorn entertaining then that's good enough for me. Plus Ebert is always rating movies I like as bad. I dont trust his judgement.
Back to top Go down
kinetic
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
kinetic

Male

PostSubject: Re: - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread -   - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2010 6:21 am

They say it made $15 mil on Fri and estimate it average about $30-40 million before the weekends out. I didnt see it but my buddy did and said the theater was jam packed.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread -   - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 10:22 am

Was it any good?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread -   - The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread - - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

- The A Nightmare On Elm Street thread -
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next