CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
MandyPerfumeGirl
Shale
captainbryce
CeCe
Marc™
9 posters

"Pro-Choice? Quit Crying About Your Miscarriage"

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

"Pro-Choice? Quit Crying About Your Miscarriage" Empty "Pro-Choice? Quit Crying About Your Miscarriage"

Post by Marc™ Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:12 pm

Pro-Choice? Quit Crying About Your Miscarriage
    posted Thursday, February 5, 2009

[i]Editor's note: momlogic values the right of every woman to have
    -- and express -- their opinion, and this post is no exception.

Guest blogger Gina: I respect women's right to choose, but I
    have little tolerance for pro-choicers who expect sympathy when they
    have a miscarriage.
    "Pro-Choice? Quit Crying About Your Miscarriage" Abortion_and_miscarriage_pm-thumb-270x270
    Getty Images

These are women who put pro-choice buttons on their backpacks in college and ridiculed pro-lifers for being backward, repressive religious freaks who want to control the world's uteruses.

Ten years have passed and lo and behold, these women have grown up, gotten married, and now have the itch to have a baby of their own. Suddenly the monthly visitor that they were relieved to get when they were 20, now, at 32, plunges them into the depths of depression.

Like vegetarians who eat chicken but not beef, many pro-choice advocates want it both ways. It's a baby when they want it to be, it's a bundle of cells when they don't.

If you believe that pregnancy doesn't produce a baby until some magic number (13 weeks? 20 weeks? 40?), then you must also agree that it's ridiculous to break down in hysterics, set up a memorial website for your "angel," and seek out a grief counselor when you start bleeding in your first trimester. After all, you're simply talking about the loss of a conglomeration of microscopic cells, right?! That's hardly something to cry about.

Advocate all you want, but don't come crying to me when your hypocrisy hits you like a ton of bricks. If you are going to defend the right to abort babies, you don't have the right to be upset when yours dies.

Read more: http://www.momlogic.com/2009/02/abortion_and_miscarriage.php#ixzz1DztqkPOb
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

"Pro-Choice? Quit Crying About Your Miscarriage" Empty Re: "Pro-Choice? Quit Crying About Your Miscarriage"

Post by CeCe Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:01 am

What a rolling truckload of horseshit. What part of CHOICE does the idiot who wrote this article not get?
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

"Pro-Choice? Quit Crying About Your Miscarriage" Empty Re: "Pro-Choice? Quit Crying About Your Miscarriage"

Post by captainbryce Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:06 am

Marc™ wrote:
    Pro-Choice? Quit Crying About Your Miscarriage
    posted Thursday, February 5, 2009

[i]Editor's note: momlogic values the right of every woman to have
    -- and express -- their opinion, and this post is no exception.

Guest blogger Gina: I respect women's right to choose, but I
    have little tolerance for pro-choicers who expect sympathy when they
    have a miscarriage.
    "Pro-Choice? Quit Crying About Your Miscarriage" Abortion_and_miscarriage_pm-thumb-270x270
    Getty Images

These are women who put pro-choice buttons on their backpacks in college and ridiculed pro-lifers for being backward, repressive religious freaks who want to control the world's uteruses.

Ten years have passed and lo and behold, these women have grown up, gotten married, and now have the itch to have a baby of their own. Suddenly the monthly visitor that they were relieved to get when they were 20, now, at 32, plunges them into the depths of depression.

Like vegetarians who eat chicken but not beef, many pro-choice advocates want it both ways. It's a baby when they want it to be, it's a bundle of cells when they don't.

If you believe that pregnancy doesn't produce a baby until some magic number (13 weeks? 20 weeks? 40?), then you must also agree that it's ridiculous to break down in hysterics, set up a memorial website for your "angel," and seek out a grief counselor when you start bleeding in your first trimester. After all, you're simply talking about the loss of a conglomeration of microscopic cells, right?! That's hardly something to cry about.

Advocate all you want, but don't come crying to me when your hypocrisy hits you like a ton of bricks. If you are going to defend the right to abort babies, you don't have the right to be upset when yours dies.

Read more: http://www.momlogic.com/2009/02/abortion_and_miscarriage.php#ixzz1DztqkPOb
    While I agree (in principle) with what this "blogger" is trying to say, this post ultimately fails on the basis of depending on way too many assumptions.

Assumption 1) that the women pictured, or perhaps it's just the hypothetical women the blogger is directing the anger towards (I honestly can't tell) do in fact exist in the first place...

Assumption 2) that these alleged, hypothetical women did indeed torment pro-lifers in their youth

Assumption 3) that these women indeed miscarried at the same semester of pregnancy that they suddenly considered a fetus a "baby".

Assumption 4) that being a red-meat vegetarian means that you want it both ways...lol.

I mean, there are just way too many assumptions here and to be honest this sounds more like a political rant from a disgruntled pro-lifer than a statement of reality regarding the hypocrasy of typical pro-choicers. And that being the case, it's pretty much a waist of time because no real point is being made here.

The blogger made a logical argument but also rendered the argument pointless at the same time. WHO exactly is he/she talking about here? Names? Dates? Locations? Statements? It's a rant based on a hypothetical. It's like saying that "people" who intentionally don't look both ways before they cross the street deserve to get hit by a car. Be that as it may, what's the point of saying this unless you know people who in fact do this regularly?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:40 am

^^^What he said.

I couldn't find the words - it was both logical and flawed.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:06 am

Boy, this article is messed up! The writer sounds like a real pig. Just because a woman is pro-life doesn't mean that a miscarriage doesn't tear her apart just like it would any other woman. And how mean! What a horribly mean thing to say, to tell a woman who miscarried to "quit crying" when she loses a child. The man (it's a safe bet that the writer is a man) obviously lacks any kind of compassion. One more point I'd like to add is that a woman can be pro-choice and still care deeply about what happens to her own baby. A wild way of thinking, but it's the truth!
    Wadsworth
    Wadsworth
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 16

Post by Wadsworth Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:22 am

Whoever wrote that shit is an ass. I bet there are females out there with 8 kids and still consider themselves to be "pro choice", "choice" means considering all the options and choosing which one is the better for you right then. Don't have to mean "pro abortion".
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:29 am

You can advocate for abortion and still not want one. Oi.
    femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Post by femme fatale Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:06 am

Stupid. Of course the loss of something will be upsetting when it's something that is wanted, and not so upsetting when it's something that isn't wanted. And what people want changes at different points in their lives.

I suppose by her reasoning no one who's ever turned down a job offer has the right to complain when they lose one they really wanted? Just because it's a baby in this case doesn't mean women are any less entitled to change their minds and their desires, and then react accordingly.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:53 pm

One has nothing to do with the other. Whoever blogged that was arrogant and immature.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:44 am