Repeat divorces  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Repeat divorces

Go down 
+5
Shale
GrayWolf
CeCe
Supernova
Chris
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Repeat divorces  Empty
PostSubject: Repeat divorces    Repeat divorces  EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 11:41 am

I heard somewhere that of the people who remarry after a divorce, something over 60% of them will divorce again.

Why?

Is it because they make the same mistake again?
They're gun shy, and jump at the first sign of disharmony?
Divorce just isn't as scary as they thought, having experienced it once?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Repeat divorces  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repeat divorces    Repeat divorces  EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 11:45 am

My mother has been divorced twice and I can assure you, in her case anyway, it wasn't any of those reasons, she married two completely different guys who she thought were good, and they both turned out to be complete and total bastards that she had to get away from if she was going to keep from going crazy and stay alive.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

Repeat divorces  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repeat divorces    Repeat divorces  EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 12:02 pm

I think there are a lot of things that factor into it. Marriage is an easy thing to get into & out of now. Some people get married for all the wrong reasons. "All" their friends are married, they've dated for a certain period of time or it just seemed like the thing to do. Then later they realize it wasn't such a good idea but if both agree to it, then it's an easy fix for a fee. Also divorce doesn't have the stigma it once did. You're not a failure or "damaged goods" if you get a divorce. People don't stay in a miserable marriage to keep up appearances or "for the kids" so much. Divorce is so common now it's almost surprising to find someone who hasn't divorced at some point. This is why I don't like hearing certain groups talk about "protecting" marriage because they've done such a piss poor job themselves. But that's another thread. Wink

I think it's just the way divorce is viewed these days. It's common & not the big deal or scandal it was at one time.
Back to top Go down
GrayWolf
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
GrayWolf

Male
Rep : 36

Repeat divorces  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repeat divorces    Repeat divorces  EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 3:22 pm

It's because marriage is unnatural! Smile
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

Repeat divorces  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repeat divorces    Repeat divorces  EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 4:35 pm

My wife had been divorced twice before we got together. Eventually, 18 years later we divorced - but we remained friends (with benefits) after that. If you count the five years I lived with a male partner, guess you could say I was also "married" before.

Like said, divorce doesn't have the stigma it once did.

I don't intend to marry again - in fact our marriage was just a formality to legitimize us for certain work positions. My other relationships were just live-in partners and except for the legal benefits of marriage, that works fine with me.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

Repeat divorces  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repeat divorces    Repeat divorces  EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 9:14 pm

It all depends. My father remarried after he and my mother were divorced. He and my step-mother have been married for 40 years. Paul Newman and his first wife divorced after 11 years. He and Joanne Woodward were married till death it did part them after almost 50 years. The thing that makes me laugh is the people who cheat on their spouses to be together, get divorces so they can marry and then one or both of them cheat in that marriage. Gee, like nobody saw that coming.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

Repeat divorces  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repeat divorces    Repeat divorces  EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 10:53 pm

I don't really know. Maybe some do jump into things too soon or maybe some get used to being with someone and the thought of being alone causes the to jump into a relationships without thinking it through? I really don't know.
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

Repeat divorces  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repeat divorces    Repeat divorces  EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 11:29 pm

I think some people just like being engaged and planning for a wedding. Once playtime is over and RL sets in, they don't know what to do with themselves in married life.
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

Repeat divorces  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repeat divorces    Repeat divorces  EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 12:27 am

Chris wrote:
I heard somewhere that of the people who remarry after a divorce, something over 60% of them will divorce again.

Why?

Is it because they make the same mistake again?
They're gun shy, and jump at the first sign of disharmony?
Divorce just isn't as scary as they thought, having experienced it once?

It's hard to say exactly why people get married multiple times, but I don't think they necessarily neatly fit into one of those catergories. I think some people fall in love easily in their lives and marriage is the next gradual step.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Repeat divorces  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repeat divorces    Repeat divorces  Empty

Back to top Go down

Repeat divorces
Page 1 of 1