CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Shale
Alan Smithee
CeCe
Tony Marino
Chris
Supernova
10 posters

Who's ready for spring to get here?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Who's ready for spring to get here? Empty Who's ready for spring to get here?

Post by Supernova Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:15 pm

And all those of you who already live in nice warm climates, shut up. laughing

I can't wait for spring to get here, for the last of the ice and the snow to go away and we don't get anymore. I'm ready for the fricking daylight savings time, it just occurred to me last week that I can no longer remember what it looked like when it was still light out at 7 P.M.

About a week ago it hit the 50s, the highest it's been in weeks, and for the first time the sky was blue and the sun was out and I was just in awe that whole day. Now it's been nice all week but Saturday we're supposed to get snow again pissed I can't wait for spring to get here and everything to start growing again and the temperature gets up to the 60s and 70s.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Who's ready for spring to get here? Empty Re: Who's ready for spring to get here?

Post by Chris Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:38 pm

I'm beyond being ready. I hope the rest of February zooms by, and that March signals a change in the weather tides.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Who's ready for spring to get here? Empty Re: Who's ready for spring to get here?

Post by Tony Marino Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:40 pm

As mentioned in a previous thread, I don't mind spring weather but its what follows afterwards, the summers here are usually very hot and humid and disgusting and I am not looking forward to that, I would rather have spring or fall.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:46 pm

YES!!! I've had it with the cold & the snow & the ice. Spring can't get here soon enough for me.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:17 pm

I'm eager for warmer weather. if it stayed in the 40s from now until the end of March, it would be fine with me. I'm at that age where I'm no longer in a hurry for time to fly by.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:18 pm

laughing When I was a kid, I drove my mother CRAZY by watching and rewatching over and over and over, Jim Henson's The Tale of the Bunny Picnic, that irritated the hell out of her, but it had a good song to it that I find very fitting for when spring arrives:

cool dance Hello sun shine,
    Hello birds on the wing,
    Hello spring time,
    We've been waiting for spring! cool dance So true! So true!
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:50 pm

I'll sacrifice the flight of time to not be freezing my ass off & miserable. Hurry up SPRING!!!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:25 pm

CeCe wrote:I'll sacrifice the flight of time to not be freezing my ass off & miserable. Hurry up SPRING!!!

OK, but since it's cold for nearly half the year just give me a chance to step away from your time acceleration vortex so half of what time I've got left doesn't get sucked down the worm hole with yours Wink
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:35 pm

alan smithee wrote:
    CeCe wrote:I'll sacrifice the flight of time to not be freezing my ass off & miserable. Hurry up SPRING!!!

OK, but since it's cold for nearly half the year just give me a chance to step away from your time acceleration vortex so half of what time I've got left doesn't get sucked down the worm hole with yours Wink

Hopefully two weeks will give you enough time. That's the best I got. Smile
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:49 pm

Supernova wrote:And all those of you who already live in nice warm climates, shut up. laughing ...
    Actually, I am hoping for a warm Spring. Oh, not for Miami Beach, it's Spring here right now. big grin

I am going to be traveling to St. Louis first week of April, by way of Washington DC and Chicago. I usually go later in the year, like May so I hope I don't freeze in April (Figurative freeze, like below 50 degrees).

I like to travel light. Hope I don't have to pack a coat. I remember the irony from my childhood in St. Louis, when it would often snow on the first day of Spring (March 20).
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:00 pm

I am! It's cold here but not as bad as many other places. I'm mostly just ready for the sunny days, though I'm looking forward to the warmer days.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:15 pm

I hate to rub it in but we already having spring weather this way in the ATL. It was 65 today and on Friday they say it's gonna get up into the low 70s.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:23 pm

AtownPeep wrote:I hate to rub it in but we already having spring weather this way in the ATL. It was 65 today and on Friday they say it's gonna get up into the low 70s.

It'll drop back down. It's supposed to be 63 on Friday here too. People, there is two more months of winter left. Let's not get too comfortable.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:04 am

im ready, we actually had ok weather this past weekend, got upto 60 on sunday, and we bbq'd

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:01 am