Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete

Go down 
+11
tmontyb
Impact
CatEyes10736
Alan Smithee
RedBedroom
Shale
Chris
Supernova
CeCe
Tony Marino
Kral
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kral
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Kral

Female
Rep : 30

Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete Empty
PostSubject: Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete   Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 3:22 pm

Landlines
Record stores
VCR's

What else?
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete   Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 3:24 pm

Clothing Stores
Grocery Stores
Book Stores
Toy Stores
Electronic Stores

You can basically order anything you could buy in a store online these days.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete   Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 3:29 pm

Movie rental stores

it's putting a dent in magazines & newspapers too.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete   Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 3:34 pm

CeCe your right its to the point where major newspapers are going to charge you to read their paper online. Maybe it is already.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete   Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 3:39 pm

Not obsolete. Not yet. We have four landline phones in this house, three VCRs, we still shop in the local stores, and we get a newspaper every day.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete   Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 3:40 pm

Definitely publishing. The Internet has sent several magazines that were prominent in the 1990s (like Life and Vibe) to their graves.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete   Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 4:38 pm

I don't think landlines will be going anywhere. For one thing my DSL runs thru my AT&T landline.

But even if not for that I would keep a landline with an old fashioned fone not dependent on electricity to operate. Ppl here who go modern are cut off when a hurricane knocks out all our electricity, while I am chatting away on my landline phone. With interspersed electrical outage your cell might still work, but the last big one that his us and knocked out 3 counties of electricity also knocked out the cell towers. So, good old landline was the way to go.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete   Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 4:43 pm

calling "information" for a telephone number
Back to top Go down
Kral
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Kral

Female
Rep : 30

PostSubject: Re: Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete   Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 5:01 pm

Phone books
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

PostSubject: Re: Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete   Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 5:06 pm

Kral wrote:
Phone books
Yes! What a waste of paper that is.

And they keep delivering new ones each year to replace the old one that hasn't been opened.

Actually I do use mine. When I have an elmers glue job, I put the paper in the phone book. That absorbs the moisture from the glue and keeps the paper from wrinkling. So, they are not completely useless.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete   Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 8:52 pm

Faxing
Radio
Dictionaries
Encyclopedias
Cook books
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete   Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 8:54 pm

School reunions. You can just go look up members of your graduating class on Facebook.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

PostSubject: Re: Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete   Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 8:57 pm

alan smithee wrote:
Faxing
I wish!

I hate faxing - why can't everything be scanned and e-mailed. But old gov't agencies that run many businesses still live in the 19th Century (Yeah, facsimile was invented then - tho more mechanical than today's copier faxes).

I think what will keep many of these outdated technologies is the inertia of gov't control.
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete   Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 1:56 am

Encyclopedias
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

PostSubject: Re: Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete   Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 10:59 am

Impact wrote:
Encyclopedias
Definitely! It's funny the way we used to look things up in a big book. Then at the end of the year there would be an update book covering the changes that took place. With the internet everything is available in real time.
Back to top Go down
tmontyb
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
tmontyb

Male
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete   Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 11:03 am

Supernova wrote:
Not obsolete. Not yet. We have four landline phones in this house, three VCRs, we still shop in the local stores, and we get a newspaper every day.

LOL!! Hello!

I still have my land line and have no intention of getting rid of it. I still have my VCR too. I watch old tapes on it. I also buy the NY Daily News every single day to read at lunch time.
Back to top Go down
JM130ELM
…is Necessary.
…is Necessary.
JM130ELM

Male
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete   Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 1:15 pm

Rand McNally maps.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete   Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 1:17 pm

tmontyb wrote:
Supernova wrote:

LOL!! Hello!

I still have my land line and have no intention of getting rid of it. I still have my VCR too. I watch old tapes on it. I also buy the NY Daily News every single day to read at lunch time.

Cell/mobile phones get on my nerves, I've no use for them, and don't think I ever will. I have trouble trusting cordless phones.
Back to top Go down
JM130ELM
…is Necessary.
…is Necessary.
JM130ELM

Male
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete   Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 1:24 pm

Supernova wrote:
tmontyb wrote:

LOL!! Hello!

Cell/mobile phones get on my nerves, I've no use for them, and don't think I ever will. I have trouble trusting cordless phones.

Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete Nbp4ba
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete   Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 1:46 pm

More like

Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete Telephone
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete   Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 3:19 am

Modesty and discretion. Now especially with things like Facebook, Youtube and cam sites, people are becoming more willing to put themselves out there for attention and cyber fame.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete   Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 3:26 am

I woudln't say obsolete, but post offices, With how expensive it's gotten to mail a letter, I rarely do that anymore. I e-mail or call. The more they raise the prices for stamps, the less I send out in the mail.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

PostSubject: Re: Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete   Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 12:45 pm

TSJFan4Ever wrote:
I woudln't say obsolete, but post offices, With how expensive it's gotten to mail a letter, I rarely do that anymore. I e-mail or call. The more they raise the prices for stamps, the less I send out in the mail.

That concept has always made me laugh. "Fewer people are buying our product so we're raising our prices on the few loyal customers we still have at the moment." It's not going to end well when a company does that.
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete   Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 2:04 pm

Photo albums.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete   Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete EmptySun May 29, 2011 6:29 am

bump
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete   Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete Empty

Back to top Go down

Things That The Internet Has Made Obsolete
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next