Trading a life sentence-plus for the death penalty Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trading a life sentence-plus for the death penalty

Go down 
+4
Nystyle709
Tony Marino
Forgiveness Man
Chris
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Trading a life sentence-plus for the death penalty Empty
PostSubject: Trading a life sentence-plus for the death penalty   Trading a life sentence-plus for the death penalty EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 9:44 am

If someone, like Jeffery Dahmer, was sentenced to hundred of years in prison for having committed a murder(s), should they be allowed the death penalty as an alternative option–if they ask for it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Trading a life sentence-plus for the death penalty   Trading a life sentence-plus for the death penalty EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 9:51 am

I don't think they should really be able to call the shots.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Trading a life sentence-plus for the death penalty   Trading a life sentence-plus for the death penalty EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 9:53 am

They should get the death penalty anyway for murder. Beyond a reasonable doubt, a life for a life that's only fair. If they want it then give it to them, make sure their crazy ass dosen't have a chance to get out.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Trading a life sentence-plus for the death penalty   Trading a life sentence-plus for the death penalty EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 12:02 pm

No. Death is easy....that's the reason they're asking for it.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Trading a life sentence-plus for the death penalty   Trading a life sentence-plus for the death penalty EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 12:15 pm

And yet how many people Do ask for the death penalty, seems if anything, they and their lawyers fight for life in prison instead.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Trading a life sentence-plus for the death penalty   Trading a life sentence-plus for the death penalty EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 12:56 pm

Supernova wrote:
And yet how many people Do ask for the death penalty, seems if anything, they and their lawyers fight for life in prison instead.

Gary Gilmore technically didn't ask to sentenced to death in lieu of life in prion but he did object to the delays in carrying out his sentence. He was convicted on October 7, 1976 and executed on January 17, 1977. This was even after some stays were granted.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Trading a life sentence-plus for the death penalty   Trading a life sentence-plus for the death penalty EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 8:46 pm

Also, what I object to when people who were convicted and sentenced to death, only later to have capital punishment over-turned in the state that convicted them and their sentences commuted to "life", are elligable for parole. Charles Manson and members of his "family" are a perfect example.
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Trading a life sentence-plus for the death penalty   Trading a life sentence-plus for the death penalty EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 8:54 pm

I agree that no one who has committed crimes so heinous that they receive 957 years imprisonment (like Dahmer) should be able to dictate the terms of their sentence.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trading a life sentence-plus for the death penalty   Trading a life sentence-plus for the death penalty EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 9:26 pm

Agreed, NOW, if they get the death penalty, I do think in the states where you have choices, they should be able how they get to die, whether it's the needle, hanging, electric chair or firing squad...I'd personally take the firing squad, I think more states should offer choices because I don't like the idea of lethal injection being the only option in a lot of states.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Trading a life sentence-plus for the death penalty   Trading a life sentence-plus for the death penalty EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 1:56 am

Death is convenient and is lets them off the hook. Have them rot in prison for the rest of their miserable days.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trading a life sentence-plus for the death penalty   Trading a life sentence-plus for the death penalty EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 2:07 am

Sure, but they're rotting at the expense of our taxes which are constantly being raised.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Trading a life sentence-plus for the death penalty   Trading a life sentence-plus for the death penalty EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 8:42 am

Supernova wrote:
Sure, but they're rotting at the expense of our taxes which are constantly being raised.

I've previously given my opinion on the death penalty. I'll add this. Repeated studies have shown that the cost of putting someone to death very often outweighs the cost of keeping them in prison, even for many years. As I've already stated, I think some people are just too evil to live, but that also goes to my criticism of capital punishment. How capriciously it seems to be administered. The afore mentioned Jeffrey Dahmer is convicted of the grizzly murder of 15 people and gets life. Scott Peterson is convicted of murdering his wife and unborn child and is sentenced to death. If you look, you can come up with many other examples that will leave you thinking, why is this person allowed to live but this person had to die?
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Trading a life sentence-plus for the death penalty   Trading a life sentence-plus for the death penalty EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 9:26 am

Alan's right. To execute a criminal, and the death row he sits on for months/years before his fry date, costs the taxpayers more than if he was just serving out a life sentence behind bars.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trading a life sentence-plus for the death penalty   Trading a life sentence-plus for the death penalty Empty

Back to top Go down

Trading a life sentence-plus for the death penalty
Page 1 of 1