How Much Car Maintenance Do You Perform on Your Vehicle Yourself? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How Much Car Maintenance Do You Perform on Your Vehicle Yourself?

Go down 
+7
Shale
Alan Smithee
Nystyle709
Impact
DanaShelbyChancey
CeCe
Marc™
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

How Much Car Maintenance Do You Perform on Your Vehicle Yourself? Empty
PostSubject: How Much Car Maintenance Do You Perform on Your Vehicle Yourself?   How Much Car Maintenance Do You Perform on Your Vehicle Yourself? EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 5:09 pm

Is there anything you can or have fixed yourself as far as your car is concerned? All I can do is change a tire and put on the wiper blades....everything else has gotta be handled by a pro.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: How Much Car Maintenance Do You Perform on Your Vehicle Yourself?   How Much Car Maintenance Do You Perform on Your Vehicle Yourself? EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 5:25 pm

Noooo. I'm not mechanically inclined at all.
Back to top Go down
DanaShelbyChancey
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
DanaShelbyChancey

Female
Rep : 10

PostSubject: Re: How Much Car Maintenance Do You Perform on Your Vehicle Yourself?   How Much Car Maintenance Do You Perform on Your Vehicle Yourself? EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 6:44 pm

Absolutely nothing! I drove around for 2 weeks with no wiper fluid, and a streaky windshield. Then I went to Jiffy Lube.

I can check tire pressure, and inflate tires, but I don't like it.
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: How Much Car Maintenance Do You Perform on Your Vehicle Yourself?   How Much Car Maintenance Do You Perform on Your Vehicle Yourself? EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 6:47 pm

When I was driving a used car, I learned how to do a lot of repair work on it. I changed the breaks, did my own oil and fluids, changed the air filter, painted it and so on. When I bought a new car, I stopped doing most of that (still check my tire pressure) and just take it in to be serviced.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: How Much Car Maintenance Do You Perform on Your Vehicle Yourself?   How Much Car Maintenance Do You Perform on Your Vehicle Yourself? EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 7:50 pm

I can change the oil, but I don't do it. I can change a flat tire, fix the rearview and sideview mirrors and that's about it. I pretty know most of the basics about the mechanics of a car but I won't attempt to do any major repairs. I'll let it get serviced.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: How Much Car Maintenance Do You Perform on Your Vehicle Yourself?   How Much Car Maintenance Do You Perform on Your Vehicle Yourself? EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 7:57 pm

I can chage the oil and filter, a tire and jump a dead battery.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: How Much Car Maintenance Do You Perform on Your Vehicle Yourself?   How Much Car Maintenance Do You Perform on Your Vehicle Yourself? EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 8:05 pm

I don't have a car, just a bicycle, which I take to the bike shop to get any work on.
Back to top Go down
Timetrvlr
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
Timetrvlr

Male
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: How Much Car Maintenance Do You Perform on Your Vehicle Yourself?   How Much Car Maintenance Do You Perform on Your Vehicle Yourself? EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 8:17 pm

Years go I did most of the maintenance and repairs myself. Now I take my Honda in for regular service and do very little myself.

Auto repair today requires some very high-tech equipment, not really feasible for a home mechanic unless it's an expensive hobby. We should all do more routine maintenance such as checking the oil and fluid levels and checking tire pressures but I don't and I refuse to feel guilty about it.
blushing

Last edited by Timetrvlr on Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: How Much Car Maintenance Do You Perform on Your Vehicle Yourself?   How Much Car Maintenance Do You Perform on Your Vehicle Yourself? EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 8:20 pm

Seriously, Shale, I'm a little envious that you can commute on two wheels under your own power. It would be about a 30 mile round trip for me which I'm confident I could do it 5 days a week but it's bad enough I have to share the road with some of these morons when I'm in a car. I don't think I'd last long on a bike.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

PostSubject: Re: How Much Car Maintenance Do You Perform on Your Vehicle Yourself?   How Much Car Maintenance Do You Perform on Your Vehicle Yourself? EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 8:42 pm

alan smithee wrote:
... it's bad enough I have to share the road with some of these morons when I'm in a car. I don't think I'd last long on a bike.
Yeah, forget running with the bulls in Pamplona. I run with the SUV's in Miami.

(With more power and less intelligence than the bovines)
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

PostSubject: Re: How Much Car Maintenance Do You Perform on Your Vehicle Yourself?   How Much Car Maintenance Do You Perform on Your Vehicle Yourself? EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 8:51 pm

Timetrvlr wrote:
Years go I did most of the maintenance and repairs myself. Now I take my Honda in for regular service and do very little myself. Auto repair today requires some very high-tech equipment, not really feasible for a home mechanic unless it's an expensive hobby. ...
When I was young and got my first car, a 57 Chevy 6 banger, I took the engine apart and put it back together and it ran. (closest thing a guy can come to giving birth to see your engine spread out on a bench in parts and by the end of the day have it pulling you in a car) Things were more mechanical back then, very little electrical (windshield wipers ran on vacuum - fuel pump ran off the cam shaft).

Now, I look under the hood and don't even know what the stuff is I'm looking at. Makes me feel sort of ... well Jurassik.
blank stare @ you
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: How Much Car Maintenance Do You Perform on Your Vehicle Yourself?   How Much Car Maintenance Do You Perform on Your Vehicle Yourself? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 1:18 am

i dont do any car maintenance at all!!
Back to top Go down
Kral
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Kral

Female
Rep : 30

PostSubject: Re: How Much Car Maintenance Do You Perform on Your Vehicle Yourself?   How Much Car Maintenance Do You Perform on Your Vehicle Yourself? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 1:35 am

All I can do is pump my gas and sometimes pump air into one of the tires if they're low.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: How Much Car Maintenance Do You Perform on Your Vehicle Yourself?   How Much Car Maintenance Do You Perform on Your Vehicle Yourself? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 7:44 am

Not much. I can change a flat, and I check my oil; that's about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Much Car Maintenance Do You Perform on Your Vehicle Yourself?   How Much Car Maintenance Do You Perform on Your Vehicle Yourself? Empty

Back to top Go down

How Much Car Maintenance Do You Perform on Your Vehicle Yourself?
Page 1 of 1