What kinda cam fits  your fancy?? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What kinda cam fits your fancy??

Go down 
+4
Chris
Impact
Cheaps
RedBedroom
8 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

What kinda cam fits  your fancy?? Empty
PostSubject: What kinda cam fits your fancy??   What kinda cam fits  your fancy?? EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 3:00 am

I don't know if I should break the bank on a professional-ish cam....or just go with a point and shoot....

What do you have and you like?
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: What kinda cam fits your fancy??   What kinda cam fits  your fancy?? EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 3:15 am

a cam? u mean camera or cam corder?

well i dont own either, except the kind that came wit phone. i have no use for them.. i dont take lot of pix or videos
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: What kinda cam fits your fancy??   What kinda cam fits  your fancy?? EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 3:29 am

I mean photo cam....I am really trying to decide what to get for a simple cam that uses AA batts, and it is seeming that is lost on any decent cams, but for the Cannon sx.
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: What kinda cam fits your fancy??   What kinda cam fits  your fancy?? EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 3:52 am

I have a cam on my iPhone that I sometimes use but despite how they are being phased out, my 6 yo Sony MiniDV is hanging in there just fine and I like it. Some sort of Hard Drive recorder will come next, but I could care less about HD. Don't own Blu-Ray, Don't own an HDTV. Don't want HD Satellite. All these things simply cost more. I just can help but think the quality is overhyped and overpriced for what you get.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: What kinda cam fits your fancy??   What kinda cam fits  your fancy?? EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 11:19 am

Go with the point and shoot. I say this because as soon as you purchase a new electronic item, like a camera, they become obsolete. I spent nearly a thousand dollars on a camcorder in 2001; I recently went on Amazon and saw it going for $200. My guess is that it is either discontinued, or will soon be. It's just, IMO, better to go with something that works -- over the latest bank breaking upgrade.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Timetrvlr
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
Timetrvlr

Male
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: What kinda cam fits your fancy??   What kinda cam fits  your fancy?? EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 3:56 pm

Most of the digital point and shoot cameras can also be used to shoot short videos. I never use that feature because my kids are all grown and I like still shots of scenery or wildlife.

RedBedroom
made a good point about batteries. Cameras are power hungry but the new Ni-MH batteries pack a lot of punch and are available in AAA and AA sizes. Chris also has a good point, anything you buy today is obsolete tomorrow.

I'm really partial to Sony cameras because they always come with a good instructional book that I can understand. My last Sony has a 12X optical zoom that gets me a lot closer to wildlife. I took this one through a window of a duck that was least 50 yards away. What kinda cam fits  your fancy?? DSC00654
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: What kinda cam fits your fancy??   What kinda cam fits  your fancy?? EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 9:56 pm

I have a digital camera. I also have a disposable camera that I keep in my glove box in case something happens while I'm on the road. Don't have a camcorder.....wanna get one soon.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: What kinda cam fits your fancy??   What kinda cam fits  your fancy?? EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 11:07 pm

Years ago for one of my vacations or cruises, I needed a good snapshot camera.

I did not want something complicated to handle. Basically, turn it on, point it and shoot, letting it do all the focusing and light adjustment. Then I wanted to be able to put on the timer if using a tripod or get into the pic, and to be able to turn off the flash and let the camera adjust to natural light that was still in range.

Meeting all that was the Kodak EasyShare C533

5.0 MP (2576 × 1932) resolution 5X Zoom

What kinda cam fits  your fancy?? 0900688a80b87467_EKN031207_C533_silver_250x200

It is also easy to access the pics taken, delete what you don't want all with buttons. This camera runs on two AA batteries so it is twice as thick as a cell phone (which is good if you don't have a tripod but do have a level surface to sit the camera up)

Then I needed to replace my little camera that I carry in my bag to work (take pics of car wrecks on my route). That is when I found the Kodak EasyShare M530

What kinda cam fits  your fancy?? 672604

It is newer and better than my original Kodak with 12 MP 3XZoom. However I set it on 5 MP because that is all the resolution you need for everyday pics and those can be tooo big to post on a Webpage without lowering res.

This camera runs on a rechargeable battery like a cell phone and is just as thin. (I have been carrying mine in a cell phone case. It is still easy to operate just like the old EasyShare.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: What kinda cam fits your fancy??   What kinda cam fits  your fancy?? EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 3:26 am

This question made me realize that I don't have a photo camera. I take pictures on my phone....before that I think I would buy those old Kodak disposable cameras. I haven't had a real camera in God knows how long.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: What kinda cam fits your fancy??   What kinda cam fits  your fancy?? EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 11:55 pm

I am pretty impressed with what I went with, which is a Cannon poweshot sx130. I have been loyal to Kodak Easy Share since digital cams came out, but I wanted to try a new brand. And I have to say, I like the one I got.

What came in handy this weekend, is that it didn't need to use flash all the time inside, and that rocks. I still don't know it as well as I will, but I was pleased.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: What kinda cam fits your fancy??   What kinda cam fits  your fancy?? EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:27 am

Oops. Misread your post Red. I thought you meant camcorders.

I don't have a photo camera anymore; but I found this website of the five 'best' snapshot cameras. They're all pretty expensive, though.

http://reviews.cnet.com/best-digital-cameras/
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What kinda cam fits your fancy??   What kinda cam fits  your fancy?? Empty

Back to top Go down

What kinda cam fits your fancy??
Page 1 of 1