Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning

Go down 
+7
captainbryce
Forgiveness Man
CeCe
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
RobbieFTW
Chris
Tony Marino
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning Empty
PostSubject: Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning   Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 10:39 am

They were talking about her making meatballs and bringing them to the radio station and she said you will love my GRAVY not Sauce GRAVY! Spoken like a true Italian Lady GAGA. She was great on the radio, she is very down to earth and is very much in touch with her fans. She talked about her new album coming out in May but will release 2 singles on Itunes.

On that note this is my 6000th post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning   Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 11:16 am

Gotta love the gravy. All red, rich and seasoned. I honestly think I was Italian in another life. Funny, Tony's like grits and sweet potato pie, and I've got a Marinara fetish. lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning   Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 11:23 am

She also ended her association with Target because of their anti-gay political support! Love that bitch!!!! big grin

Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning Tumblr_lhcbzsonj81qazkdco1_500
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning   Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 1:09 pm

RobbieFTW wrote:
She also ended her association with Target because of their anti-gay political support! Love that bitch!!!! Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning 273237

Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning Tumblr_lhcbzsonj81qazkdco1_500

Yeah I heard that yesterday and I do love that Bitch LOL!!
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning   Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 1:11 pm

Chris wrote:
Gotta love the gravy. All red, rich and seasoned. I honestly think I was Italian in another life. Funny, Tony's like grits and sweet potato pie, and I've got a Marinara fetish. lol

I think Chris maybe we were born to the wrong parents LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male
Rep : 62

PostSubject: Re: Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning   Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 2:34 pm

Do we really need ANOTHER GaGa thread? The next GaGa thread better be "Lady GaGa has gone missing-- teeth found."
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning   Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 6:51 pm

Although I'm more the blues, rock & country type there's so much to like about her. I love her for the Target thing.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning   Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 7:04 pm

Target had anti-gay political support? Why is my BS meter going off? FORGIVENESS MAN Sounds like another stunt from somebody who likes the limelight.

And ITS CALLED SAUCE! Razz
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning   Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 7:50 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1364970/Lady-Gaga-ends-Target-deal-inadequate-gay-rights-support.html#ixzz1GLVdCUup

Quote :
A Bad Romance? Lady Gaga ends major deal with Target over 'inadequate support for gay rights'
By Tamara Abraham
Last updated at 3:55 PM on 10th March 2011

Lady Gaga has pulled the plug on a lucrative marketing deal with major U.S. retailer Target, just weeks before an exclusive version of her new album, Born This Way, was to hit stores.

The singer's decision is said to be based on the company's failure to renounce its support for politicians that oppose gay rights.

It comes after her fans questioned the deal, announced last month, given Target's $150,000 corporate donation last year to MN Forward, a group that supported Minnesota governor hopeful Tom Emmer, who opposes same-sex marriage.

In an interview with Billboard last month, the star, whose real name is Stefani Germanotta, said that the Target deal was dependent on the company changing its position on gay issues.

She explained: 'Part of my deal with Target is that they have to start affiliating themselves with LGTB charity groups, and begin to reform and make amends for the mistakes they’ve made in the past.'

And though Target says it has actively supported pro-gay organisations, including Project 515, a campaign group for same-sex marriage in Minnesota, it did not renounce its past financial support for MN Forward.

Publicist Bob Witeck said told the Advocate and Metro Weekly that the deal was 'in a sensitive stage of continued discussion for probably the last three weeks.'
New gay anthem: Target was due to sell an exclusive version of Lady Gaga's new album, Born This Way, when it is released on May 23

New gay anthem: Target was due to sell an exclusive version of Lady Gaga's new album, Born This Way, when it is released on May 23

He added: 'Throughout this whole process, [Gaga] has remained true to her audience. I think she's a person of great integrity, and I think people will recognise that.'

Both Target and Lady Gaga's spokesmen have maintained an official line that the deal was ended by mutual agreement.

The singer's representative said: 'Lady Gaga and Target came to a mutual decision to end their overall exclusive partnership a few weeks ago.'
Surprised and disappointed: Target says it has made efforts to support the LGBT community

Disappointed: Target says it has made efforts to support the LGBT community

But last night the retailer admitted to the New York Times: 'We were very surprised and disappointed by the statements made by Lady Gaga’s organisation related to her partnership with Target.

'Target remains committed to the LGBT community as demonstrated by our contributions to various LGBT organisations, our recently established Policy Committee to review our political giving and our respectful, inclusive workplace environment.'

The star, who is a prominent supporter of gay rights, called on fans at a recent concert in Buffalo, New York, to demand that State Senator, Mark Grisanti, support same-sex marriage.
Prominent activist: The star, pictured last year, speaks at a rally in support of repealing the U.S. military's so-called 'don't ask, don't tell' law

Prominent activist: The star pictured last year speaking at a rally in support of repealing the U.S. military's so-called 'don't ask, don't tell' law

She gave out his email address mid-performance, asking that concert-goers make contact with the Republican, and encourage him to back future marriage equality bills.

She also spoke last September at a rally supporting a bid to repeal the U.S. military's so-called 'don't ask, don't tell' law.

Lady Gaga releases her new album on May 23. Elton John has described its title track as 'the new gay anthem'.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning   Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 9:37 pm

I saw this. I guess I am not seeing any reason to have any respect for Lady Gaga anytime soon. Frankly, she's the one coming off as intolerant, not Target.
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male
Rep : 127

PostSubject: Re: Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning   Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 10:40 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:
I saw this. I guess I am not seeing any reason to have any respect for Lady Gaga anytime soon. Frankly, she's the one coming off as intolerant, not Target.
I know. But that's because you're BIASED. If you weren't, it's pretty obvious that she is opposed to the intolorant while TARGET is demonstrating it. We've gone over this before but just to reiterate, not supporting someone who is intolorant doesn't make YOU intolorant. Supporting the intolorant party is what makes you intolorant. People like to twist that around but there is really no way you can spin that. Target has taken a clear anti-gay stance. Not conducting business with them (or even boycotting Target) is not being intolorant, that is being against intolorance.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning   Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 10:48 pm

captainbryce wrote:
Forgiveness Man wrote:
I know. But that's because you're BIASED. If you weren't, it's pretty obvious that she is opposed to the intolorant while TARGET is demonstrating it. We've gone over this before but just to reiterate, not supporting someone who is intolorant doesn't make YOU intolorant. Supporting the intolorant party is what makes you intolorant. People like to twist that around but there is really no way you can spin that. Target has taken a clear anti-gay stance. Not conducting business with them (or even boycotting Target) is not being intolorant, that is being against intolorance.

EVERYONE is biased! Even YOU! Wink

It's not obvious. I don't see Target demonstrating ANY intolerance. Target hasn't taken any intolerant stance.(Frankly her reasoning for why they have seems petty, at BEST) They merely gave support to a candidate that Gaga didn't like and she is throwing a temper tantrum in response. Yeah, it's entirely within her rights to do so. But Target is NOT the one here that is coming off as intolerant, it's GAGA that is looking like the one who thinks only HER views should be respected.(Escalated by the fact that she feels that they have to earn her forgiveness by doing what she tells them. It sounds like the demands of a high schooler to me.) That's what this is coming off as. Of course, coming from Gaga, it's hardly shocking.
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning   Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 11:23 pm

That's true, I am biased. The difference between me and you is that I don't HIDE my bias. I openly expose it! I am in fact GAY, so obviously I have a bias towards things that I perceive to be anti-gay. You (although you claim not to be) ARE in fact homophobic (though you attempt at every accusation to disguise that notion). That is in effect hiding your bias and that is what inevitebly leads you towards calling people who are against intolorance "intolorant". Because they are intolorant against a type of intolorance that you clearly support and defend.

I know you don't see the intolorance that Target has demonstrated but you wouldn't see it even if Target had a sign out front that said no gays. You would merely defend that as their "God given right" and accuse anyone who stood up to the intolorance of being intolorant. Target financially supported a homophobic politician. That makes Target a supporter of intolorance. Ending your financial deal with a company because they have opposing political views as yourself isn't "throwing a temper tantrum". Throwing a temper tantrum would be having a lawsuit against Target for defamation. As far as I know, nobody is doing that. It's not that Gaga thinks that only HER views should be respected, its that she thinks that Target isn't respecting HER views. That's totally different! And since Target isn't respecting her views, why the hell should they make money off of her?
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

PostSubject: Re: Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning   Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 11:35 pm

Just as christians have boycotted movies & sponsors of programs they disagree with, GaGa & those who disagree with the actions of Target are well within their rights to boycott the business.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning   Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 11:53 pm

@Bryce: I meet no genuine definition of homophobic. I don't hide my bias either. I just don't accept every label that people believe applies to me. If I was homophobic, I'd say it. I am no homophobe. Sorry. I know what my biases are and they do not include homophobia.

If target was homophobic, I'd admit it. I don't see a homophobic position. I see it as a blatant double standard. I see it as Gaga being immature.

@Cece: Christians are made fun of for their boycotts. Nice to see that gaga is no better. I actually find all boycotts to be childish. I never found one I have liked, even those the fundies like.
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning   Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 11:59 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:
@Bryce: I meet no genuine definition of homophobic. I don't hide my bias either. I just don't accept every label that people believe applies to me. If I was homophobic, I'd say it. I am no homophobe. Sorry. I know what my biases are and they do not include homophobia.

If target was homophobic, I'd admit it. I don't see a homophobic position. I see it as a blatant double standard. I see it as Gaga being immature.
I know that's how you see it and I know that you don't see yourself or Target as homophobic. You would say that you were homophobic, ONLY if you presented the characteristics of what your idea of homophobic is. And since you don't do that, you believe that you are not homophobic. The problem is, you don't know what homophobic actually means, nor do you realize the differnent ways it can be exhibited! You think you do, but in reality your statements on many threads prove that you don't. Your position on this thread alone IS in fact homophobic AND biased. But the first step in over comming such a bias is acknowledging that you have one in the first place (which is what I do whenever I realize I have one). But you haven't got to that step yet, which is why you think Lada Gaga is wrong in this case and that Target is correct. Your judgement is skewed by your own biased (due to the fact that you don't realize you have one).
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

PostSubject: Re: Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning   Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 12:11 am

Quote :
In an interview with Billboard last month, the star, whose real name is Stefani Germanotta, said that the Target deal was dependent on the company changing its position on gay issues.

She explained: 'Part of my deal with Target is that they have to start affiliating themselves with LGTB charity groups, and begin to reform and make amends for the mistakes they’ve made in the past.'

blank stare @ you

Back to top Go down
femme fatale
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
femme fatale

Female
Rep : 46

PostSubject: Re: Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning   Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 7:43 am

I'm not really a fan of hers, but I respect that she put her money where her mouth was in that Target situation.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning   Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 9:24 am

captainbryce wrote:
I know that's how you see it and I know that you don't see yourself or Target as homophobic. You would say that you were homophobic, ONLY if you presented the characteristics of what your idea of homophobic is. And since you don't do that, you believe that you are not homophobic. The problem is, you don't know what homophobic actually means, nor do you realize the differnent ways it can be exhibited! You think you do, but in reality your statements on many threads prove that you don't. Your position on this thread alone IS in fact homophobic AND biased. But the first step in over comming such a bias is acknowledging that you have one in the first place (which is what I do whenever I realize I have one). But you haven't got to that step yet, which is why you think Lada Gaga is wrong in this case and that Target is correct. Your judgement is skewed by your own biased (due to the fact that you don't realize you have one).

I think it is not I that doesn't know what homophobic actually means. The word has been twisted in modern age to suit agendas but taking the word at what it actually MEANS and not what people have spun it into, I meet NO definition of homophobic. I have phobias! Homophobia is not among them.

It is NOT homophobic in this thread. See, it's comments like yours which speak to MY point as to WHICH side is REALLY the one who is INTOLERANT! My comments are not homophobic, and I suspect you DO know that.

I actually never said that Target was correct in anything. Target isn't actually DOING anything in this. All I am saying is that Gaga is coming off as immature and intolerant. THAT is not homophobic. Is it biased? Sure, EVERYONE has a bias. But it's not a homophobic bias. IDK what to label my bias, maybe "I don't like whiny celebrities" bias? Eh, it works for now. I'll probably revise it with something more sophistocated now. But what it is NOT is homophobic. I'll acknowledge all my biases but what I won't do is acknowledge one which doesn't exist, even if you WANT it to. Sorry dude, but you're just flat wrong about me.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning   Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 9:27 am

Forgiveness Man wrote:
Target had anti-gay political support? Why is my BS meter going off? Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning 147467 Sounds like another stunt from somebody who likes the limelight.

And ITS CALLED SAUCE! Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning 253468018

Do research before you make any statements. Your not Italian so to you its sauce.
Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning 2650583631
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning   Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 9:28 am

Tony Marino wrote:
Forgiveness Man wrote:
Target had anti-gay political support? Why is my BS meter going off? Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning 147467 Sounds like another stunt from somebody who likes the limelight.

And ITS CALLED SAUCE! Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning 253468018

Do research before you make any statements. Your not Italian so to you its sauce.

I did plenty of research! It IS sauce! And Big Bro, I'm shocked at you. You know I AM part Italian! And I still call it SAUCE! Razz
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning   Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 9:32 am

captainbryce wrote:
That's true, I am biased. The difference between me and you is that I don't HIDE my bias. I openly expose it! I am in fact GAY, so obviously I have a bias towards things that I perceive to be anti-gay. You (although you claim not to be) ARE in fact homophobic (though you attempt at every accusation to disguise that notion). That is in effect hiding your bias and that is what inevitebly leads you towards calling people who are against intolorance "intolorant". Because they are intolorant against a type of intolorance that you clearly support and defend.

I know you don't see the intolorance that Target has demonstrated but you wouldn't see it even if Target had a sign out front that said no gays. You would merely defend that as their "God given right" and accuse anyone who stood up to the intolorance of being intolorant. Target financially supported a homophobic politician. That makes Target a supporter of intolorance. Ending your financial deal with a company because they have opposing political views as yourself isn't "throwing a temper tantrum". Throwing a temper tantrum would be having a lawsuit against Target for defamation. As far as I know, nobody is doing that. It's not that Gaga thinks that only HER views should be respected, its that she thinks that Target isn't respecting HER views. That's totally different! And since Target isn't respecting her views, why the hell should they make money off of her?

RIGHT ON!
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning   Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 9:33 am

Forgiveness Man wrote:
Tony Marino wrote:

I did plenty of research! It IS sauce! And Big Bro, I'm shocked at you. You know I AM part Italian! And I still call it SAUCE! Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning 253468018

You were raised American, I was raised from the old school where in Italy its called Gravy.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning   Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 9:34 am

Tony Marino wrote:
You were raised American, I was raised from the old school where in Italy its called Gravy.

Well when I visit Italy, I'll call it gravy. We live in AMERICA, so it's SAUCE! FORGIVENESS MAN
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning   Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 9:39 am

Forgiveness Man wrote:
Tony Marino wrote:

Well when I visit Italy, I'll call it gravy. We live in AMERICA, so it's SAUCE! Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning 147467

Yeah we live in America but in my family we respect and keep the Italian traditions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning   Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning Empty

Back to top Go down

Heard Lady GAGA on the Radio this morning
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next