Red Riding Hood Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Red Riding Hood

Go down 
+2
Tony Marino
RobbieFTW
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

Red Riding Hood Empty
PostSubject: Red Riding Hood   Red Riding Hood EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 11:42 am

This movie is getting SLAUGHTERED in review. It only received 5% rating at Rotten Tomatoes. . . 3 good 53 bad. Kinda wanted to see it but now i got doubts.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

Red Riding Hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Riding Hood   Red Riding Hood EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 12:51 pm

I usually don't go by the reviews, I have seen some good movies when the reviews have slaughtered them. I have been wanting to see RRH since last year when I heard about it and I will go see it regardless.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

Red Riding Hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Riding Hood   Red Riding Hood EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 12:16 pm

It also got slammed by the local reviewer in The Miami Herald who faulted the writing above all else. And we've seen the catch phrase in the trailers, "what big eyes you have" d-oh!

Still, I plan to go see it.

I don't always agree with reviewers but I have a feeling I will be adding to the criticism. Guess we all look at a train wreck when we come across it.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

Red Riding Hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Riding Hood   Red Riding Hood EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 12:26 pm

I don't trust reviews to be honest. Although the trailers are what kind of told me to stay away. Wink
Back to top Go down
JWF
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
Rep : 4

Red Riding Hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Riding Hood   Red Riding Hood EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 3:39 pm

Shale wrote:
It also got slammed by the local reviewer in The Miami Herald who faulted the writing above all else. And we've seen the catch phrase in the trailers, "what big eyes you have" d-oh!

Still, I plan to go see it.

I don't always agree with reviewers but I have a feeling I will be adding to the criticism. Guess we all look at a train wreck when we come across it.

My NY newspapers gave it between 0 and 1/2 star. I don't follow critics, either, but overwhelming reviews must mean one thing....forget it!!!!!

I saw two terrific films yesterday:

"Of Gods and Men"

"Poetry"

Check out RottenTomatoes.

Jack
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

Red Riding Hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Riding Hood   Red Riding Hood EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 12:44 am

Red Riding Hood
Movie Blurb by Shale
March 12, 2011

This movie was pretty much trashed by critics (aggregate 12% liked it) but 65% of audiences liked it. It is the retelling of the ancient folk tale but with a not so little Red Riding Hood and a werewolf.

The setting is the Dark Ages in a small village where Valerie (Amanda Seyfried - Red Riding Hood) is betrothed to the blacksmith's son Henry (Max Irons).

Henry & Valerie
Red Riding Hood 74043_gal

They make a cute couple, but Valerie has long been in love with Peter (Shiloh Fernandez) a lowly woodcutter.

Peter & Valerie
Red Riding Hood 72387_gal

This village has been living with a wolf that strikes every full moon but has been placated by goats and pigs left out for it until one night it kills Valerie's sister. Then as the hunting party goes looking for it another man is killed. The truce has been broken and the local priest calls in Father Solomon (Gary Oldman).

Inquisitor/Witch Hunter/Werewolf Slayer
Red Riding Hood 74046_gal

Father Solomon lets the village know that the werewolf could be any one of them by day and for the rest of the movie the villagers suspect everyone, as do we. It turns out to be a murder mystery as well as a teen love story with two male rivals for one girl. (Hmmm, where have we seen that theme before?)

The story has all the elements of the folk tale in it, including a grandmother who lives in the woods and gives Valerie a red hoodie.

Red Riding Hood & Grandma
Red Riding Hood 74017_gal

The movie had lots of little things wrong with it, but it wasn't that bad. We had several suspects for the werewolf and it was interesting to see who it would not be. It is rated PG-13 and I suspect the target audience as with Twilight is teens who don't care about the liberties taken with Medieval customs, or even the dialogue. After all, it is the expansion of a simple folk tale that's been around for 700 years and dressed up to appeal to this demographic. Of which, very few are movie critics.

OH, I forgot to mention. Bella's daddy Charlie (Billy Burke) is in this movie as Valerie's daddy.

Red Riding Hood 74048_gal
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

Red Riding Hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Riding Hood   Red Riding Hood EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 7:21 am

Could Max act? He has quite a pedigree.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

Red Riding Hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Riding Hood   Red Riding Hood EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 3:59 pm

I saw it, yes he can act. The movie itself was o.k. I would wait for cable or DVD for this one. Its not a movie you would want to take the kids to see since there is some violence involved.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

Red Riding Hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Riding Hood   Red Riding Hood EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 4:00 pm

Shale wrote:
Red Riding Hood
Movie Blurb by Shale
March 12, 2011

This movie was pretty much trashed by critics (aggregate 12% liked it) but 65% of audiences liked it. It is the retelling of the ancient folk tale but with a not so little Red Riding Hood and a werewolf.

The setting is the Dark Ages in a small village where Valerie (Amanda Seyfried - Red Riding Hood) is betrothed to the blacksmith's son Henry (Max Irons).

Henry & Valerie
Red Riding Hood 74043_gal

They make a cute couple, but Valerie has long been in love with Peter (Shiloh Fernandez) a lowly woodcutter.

Peter & Valerie
Red Riding Hood 72387_gal

This village has been living with a wolf that strikes every full moon but has been placated by goats and pigs left out for it until one night it kills Valerie's sister. Then as the hunting party goes looking for it another man is killed. The truce has been broken and the local priest calls in Father Solomon (Gary Oldman).

Inquisitor/Witch Hunter/Werewolf Slayer
Red Riding Hood 74046_gal

Father Solomon lets the village know that the werewolf could be any one of them by day and for the rest of the movie the villagers suspect everyone, as do we. It turns out to be a murder mystery as well as a teen love story with two male rivals for one girl. (Hmmm, where have we seen that theme before?)

The story has all the elements of the folk tale in it, including a grandmother who lives in the woods and gives Valerie a red hoodie.

Red Riding Hood & Grandma
Red Riding Hood 74017_gal

The movie had lots of little things wrong with it, but it wasn't that bad. We had several suspects for the werewolf and it was interesting to see who it would not be. It is rated PG-13 and I suspect the target audience as with Twilight is teens who don't care about the liberties taken with Medieval customs, or even the dialogue. After all, it is the expansion of a simple folk tale that's been around for 700 years and dressed up to appeal to this demographic. Of which, very few are movie critics.

OH, I forgot to mention. Bella's daddy Charlie (Billy Burke) is in this movie as Valerie's daddy.

Red Riding Hood 74048_gal

At first I wasn't sure it was Charlie, Bella's Dad, wasn't used to seeing him looking so scruffy and without his moustache.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Red Riding Hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Riding Hood   Red Riding Hood Empty

Back to top Go down

Red Riding Hood
Page 1 of 1