CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
RedBedroom
Shale
Tony Marino
Impact
Nystyle709
Alan Smithee
Forgiveness Man
Chris
12 posters

Do you buy things that you can't afford?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Do you buy things that you can't afford? Empty Do you buy things that you can't afford?

Post by Chris Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:45 am

How likely are you to buy things that you can barely afford and will hurt your current finances/budget?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Do you buy things that you can't afford? Empty Re: Do you buy things that you can't afford?

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:46 am

I'm pretty easy to please so no, don't really buy stuff we can't afford.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Do you buy things that you can't afford? Empty Re: Do you buy things that you can't afford?

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:21 am

Chris wrote:How likely are you to buy things that you can barely afford and will hurt your current finances/budget?

I can't think of a single thing. Except for our cars and computers (which we pay off within the interest free period) all other large purchases are cash and carry. I hate living in debt.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:24 am

I may spend too much money on something I didn't need (a lot of times actually), but I will never totally bust my wallet.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:06 pm

Rarely. I'm frugal and if I do splurge, I punish myself by pinching pennies for the next few months. Even if it didn't break me, but was just not a convenient purchase.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:10 pm

Not to excess where I won't be able to afford to pay it off in a month or so.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:12 pm

I hate being in debt. I do not have a credit card and buy everything with cash or my debit card.

I live within my means - a philosophy apparently lost on most in our culture.

As for debt, "How you gonna catch up if you can't keep up?"
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:06 pm

There are times I buy things that are not a necessity, but never to the point it puts me out.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:59 am

i did that this past christmas.. didnt have alot of money, so i went an got 3 credit cards. im slowly but surely payin them off..
    sailorlover
    sailorlover
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 2

Post by sailorlover Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:00 pm

I have a champane taste on a beer (military) budget! My hubby says I spend money like it's going out of style. He keeps asking me if I have found the money tree yet. I just laugh and say "Ya, your paycheck" He know's I'm just joking
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:47 am

If I couldn't afford it I wouldn't be able to get it, but there are times around the middle of the month when I get something that's kind of expensive although usually it's something I need to replace, not so much just something that catches my eye, and then the money's tight for the rest of the month.
    Timetrvlr
    Timetrvlr
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 32

Post by Timetrvlr Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:01 am

Yeah, I was down at the Toyota dealer today. I wish I could afford the new Highlander 4WD Hybrid. If only I had an extra $50,000 or so.....
    sailorlover
    sailorlover
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 2

Post by sailorlover Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:25 am

Timetrvlr wrote:Yeah, I was down at the Toyota dealer today. I wish I could afford the new Highlander 4WD Hybrid. If only I had an extra $50,000 or so.....

Totally understand ya there. I keep driving by the Chevy dealership wanting to drive in and trade my Tahoe in for one of the new ones. Hell it's only a 45,000 SUV. Pocket change, huh

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:21 pm