Nuclear Power Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nuclear Power

Go down 
+4
captainbryce
CeCe
Forgiveness Man
TPP
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female
Rep : 69

Nuclear Power Empty
PostSubject: Nuclear Power   Nuclear Power EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 6:38 pm

How do you feel about it? Viable source of valuable energy that we would be fools not to consider using? Disaster waiting to happen?

Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

Nuclear Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Power   Nuclear Power EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 6:50 pm

I'm against it! Smile
Back to top Go down
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female

Nuclear Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Power   Nuclear Power EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 6:54 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:
I'm against it! Smile

oh, well in that case, I guess I'm for it...

Just Kidding

I don't think I know enough about it one way or another, but the things happening in Japan give me pause for sure.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

Nuclear Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Power   Nuclear Power EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 7:04 pm

thepossiblepolice wrote:
Forgiveness Man wrote:
I'm against it! Smile

Just Kidding

I don't think I know enough about it one way or another, but the things happening in Japan give me pause for sure.
Sneak attack! Wink Almost had me. Razz
Back to top Go down
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female

Nuclear Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Power   Nuclear Power EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 7:06 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:
thepossiblepolice wrote:

Just Kidding

Sneak attack! Wink Almost had me. Razz

I like this tongue wagger much better than the other big one.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

Nuclear Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Power   Nuclear Power EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 7:07 pm

lol I like it better than the big one but the face is a tad weird looking. FORGIVENESS MAN But yeah, it's less obtuse.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

Nuclear Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Power   Nuclear Power EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 7:15 pm

thepossiblepolice wrote:

Agree. I think the answer to both questions is "yes" so it's complicated. We all know what's happened when there's an accident or disaster like this one. So there's a valid reason to be concerned.
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male
Rep : 127

Nuclear Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Power   Nuclear Power EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 7:24 pm

thepossiblepolice wrote:
How do you feel about it? Viable source of valuable energy that we would be fools not to consider using? Disaster waiting to happen?

The first one! With regard to nuclear power, the Japanese and the French are among the smartest in the world and utilize it the best. The Japanese lose 10 points for utilizing it to the extent that they do given their geological location on the planet and its penchent for deadly earthquakes and tsunami. But if it weren't for those temper tantrums of mother nature, its really an excellent idea so long as the proper controls and safety features are maintained. In progressive countries that believe in technological and energy efficiency, nuclear power is the way to go. In the US, nuclear power only has one purpose - WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION!
Back to top Go down
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female

Nuclear Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Power   Nuclear Power EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 7:29 pm

captainbryce wrote:
thepossiblepolice wrote:

The first one! With regard to nuclear power, the Japanese and the French are among the smartest in the world and utilize it the best. The Japanese lose 10 points for utilizing it to the extent that they do given their geological location on the planet and its penchent for deadly earthquakes and tsunami. But if it weren't for those temper tantrums of mother nature, its really an excellent idea so long as the proper controls and safety features are maintained. In progressive countries that believe in technological and energy efficiency, nuclear power is the way to go. In the US, nuclear power only has one purpose - WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION!

What about the waste though? Is there a safe way to dispose of it now? I know that there is a bunch of it buried under the Columbia River near here and there are always concerns about it leaking and stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male

Nuclear Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Power   Nuclear Power EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 7:40 pm

thepossiblepolice wrote:

What about the waste though? Is there a safe way to dispose of it now? I know that there is a bunch of it buried under the Columbia River near here and there are always concerns about it leaking and stuff like that.

The French recycle over 90% of their nuclear waste and have been doing it successfully for DECADES. The US burries it! Why? Because we live in a country full of ignorant ratards and corrupt businessmen and politicians!

http://www.heritage.org/research/commentary/2007/12/recycling-nuclear-fuel-the-french-do-it-why-cant-oui
Back to top Go down
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female

Nuclear Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Power   Nuclear Power EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 7:45 pm

captainbryce wrote:
thepossiblepolice wrote:

The French recycle over 90% of their nuclear waste and have been doing it successfully for DECADES. The US burries it! Why? Because we live in a country full of ignorant ratards and corrupt businessmen and politicians!

http://www.heritage.org/research/commentary/2007/12/recycling-nuclear-fuel-the-french-do-it-why-cant-oui

That's an interesting article...I wonder why the US banned it in the first place?
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male

Nuclear Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Power   Nuclear Power EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 7:50 pm

thepossiblepolice wrote:

That's an interesting article...I wonder why the US banned it in the first place?
Most likely because the average American doesn't really know DICK about nuclear power, assumes its the work of the devil, and aren't going to be very likely to support a political candidate that embraces it. Walk down the street and ask the first 10 people you encounter what they think of "nuclear power". The ignorance will likely astound you! Such is the way of life here in the good ole US of A.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

Nuclear Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Power   Nuclear Power EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 3:51 am

With safety precautions in place, it is the cleanest and most efficient form of energy there is.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

Nuclear Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Power   Nuclear Power EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:37 am

Marc™ wrote:
With safety precautions in place, it is the cleanest and most efficient form of energy there is.
Not Quite.

Comes in second to Solar and Wind energy, which we have plenty of here in Florida but our stupid legislators and populace won't support implementing.

We do have a nuclear power plant not far south of Miami. The saltwater crocodiles hang out there because the runoff water is warmer.
Blue Cool
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male

Nuclear Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Power   Nuclear Power EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 2:15 pm

Shale wrote:
Marc™ wrote:
Not Quite.

Comes in second to Solar and Wind energy, which we have plenty of here in Florida but our stupid legislators and populace won't support implementing.

We do have a nuclear power plant not far south of Miami. The saltwater crocodiles hang out there because the runoff water is warmer.
Blue Cool
It depends on where you live really, and on how "sun rich" your area is. In certain regions nuclear power would be more efficient (and cheaper). The big advantage with nuclear power is that it isn't dependent on "sunshine" as with solar power. Wind power is more or less equal with nuclear power in terms of building and maintenance "costs" (as well as waste disposal in the case of nuclear fuel), however I still believe that nuclear power is more "efficient" since it takes many, many wind turbines to produce the power output of ONE nuclear reactor. One thing is certain, nuclear, solar and wind power are the best, cleanest most efficient forms of energy there is and we really need to get away from fossil fuels/petrolium products, coal and natural gas.

http://www.physorg.com/news200578033.html
Back to top Go down
Timetrvlr
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
Timetrvlr

Male
Rep : 32

Nuclear Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Power   Nuclear Power EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 3:13 pm

captainbryce posted:
Quote :
One thing is certain, nuclear, solar and wind power are the best, cleanest most efficient forms of energy there is and we really need to get away from fossil fuels/petroleum products, coal and natural gas.

I agree. On another board, a poster commented that the Japanese have no other options for producing power. I pointed out that Japan could replace the two damaged nuclear reactors with wind turbines in their rugged mountains for about the same costs as building new reactors. Solar is certainly a viable option too. After another earthquake, it will cost considerably less to replace or repair wind turbines or solar plants. It's going to take years and a lot of money to cleanup even partial meltdowns at the reactors.

Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Nuclear Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Power   Nuclear Power EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 4:09 pm

Interesting question. There are two sides of the coin here: it's far cheaper and cost effective to produce than standard electricity. On the flip-side, though, if something goes wrong, the consequences would be catastrophic. So my opinion? Wouldn't touch it, because it's too risky if something were to go awry.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Sponsored content

Nuclear Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Power   Nuclear Power Empty

Back to top Go down

Nuclear Power
Page 1 of 1