People who blame movies for things Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

People who blame movies for things

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

People who blame movies for things Empty
PostSubject: People who blame movies for things   People who blame movies for things EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 12:45 am

I have never gotten people like this. I know I could NOT believe it when it was decided we now need to rate and rerate movies that have people smoking in them. WHY? You know, you only have to be 18 to smoke but 21 to drink, so should we give movies an X rating when somebody's having a beer?

I hate all those mamby pamby parents 'oh boo hoo, the movie has more influence than we do, our kids will get the idea to smoke if they see it in a movie', uh huh, and I'm sure these parents NEVER let their kids watch anything that isn't G-rated, right? They'd be seeing the same movies anyway so what sense is there in rating by if there's smoking in it? Guess what? I grew up my whole life watching people smoke on TV and in real life, and I never did and was never tempted, why? because my parents told me about what happens when you smoke, that you get diseases and eventually die.

And it's like a couple years ago when Beverly Hills Chihuahau (shut up) came out...people were bitching 'THIS movie is going to cause more unwanted pets, like 101 Dalmatians did back in the 60s', Right, I'm so sure the movie put a gun to the parents' heads and made them take their kids to it in the first place and the movie still had a gun on the parents' heads when their kids said they wanted dogs like in the movies, right? Where in the hell do people get these ideas?
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: People who blame movies for things   People who blame movies for things EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 4:31 am

Their fault for having such paper thin parenting skills that they have to be paranoid that a movie will warp their kids.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: People who blame movies for things   People who blame movies for things EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:16 am

They do it because it gives them an excuse to avoid personal responsibility. They're also full of it. If a person is so weak that they will emulate something they see in a movie, video game or hear in a song, they have bigger issues that ratings won't fix.
Back to top Go down
DanaShelbyChancey
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
DanaShelbyChancey

Female
Rep : 10

PostSubject: Re: People who blame movies for things   People who blame movies for things EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:46 am

I am an example disproving the theory that movies will make people do what they see in the movie.

I am a movie buff from childhood up, and have seen more movies than most people. Yet I am one of the least violent people you will ever meet. That is anecdotal but as much so as the main theory.

The thing I am concerned about are movies like Jackass, that stupid kids will do what they see. But only stupid kids would, and they would have done something anyway.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: People who blame movies for things   People who blame movies for things EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:48 am

DanaShelbyChancey wrote:
I am an example disproving the theory that movies will make people do what they see in the movie.

I am a movie buff from childhood up, and have seen more movies than most people. Yet I am one of the least violent people you will ever meet. That is anecdotal but as much so as the main theory.

The thing I am concerned about are movies like Jackass, that stupid kids will do what they see. But only stupid kids would, and they would have done something anyway.

co-signs
It's diversionary parenting, IMO. I don't doubt the media's influence over kids, but if a kid is so susceptible to mimicking something that is overtly destructive, then his parents are the ones who need to be held accountable; not the film or filmmaker.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: People who blame movies for things   People who blame movies for things Empty

Back to top Go down

People who blame movies for things
Page 1 of 1