CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
JM130ELM
Shale
2xy
Marc™
Alan Smithee
Nystyle709
Tony Marino
Chris
12 posters

When someone points out that you've put on weight

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

When someone points out that you've put on weight Empty When someone points out that you've put on weight

Post by Chris Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:00 am

How do you tend to react when someone makes a casual observation about your weight gain. Does it bother you?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

When someone points out that you've put on weight Empty Re: When someone points out that you've put on weight

Post by Tony Marino Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:31 am

It hasn't happened yet but if it does it probably would bother me to the point where I would lose it. (the weight)
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

When someone points out that you've put on weight Empty Re: When someone points out that you've put on weight

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:34 am

Depends on how they say it. It won't bother me if they noticed I've put on 5 or 10 lbs. Hell, I already know anyway.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:44 am

Just look them straight in the eye and tell them, "Listen asshole, I worked hard to beat anorexia!"
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:55 am

I would tell them that it looks like they have put on wrinkles.
    2xy
    2xy
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 22

Post by 2xy Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:58 am

I would ask them why they think it's acceptable to comment on someone's body.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:59 pm

Ppl don't dare say that to someone my age. I would prolly remind them that at 66 I am doing quite well with my constant effort to keep my middle down and thank them for the incentive to hang around another 30-40 years just to see how they do.
    JM130ELM
    JM130ELM
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Male
    Rep : 32

Post by JM130ELM Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:24 pm

It's never happened to me and I wouldn't say it to someone else, but sometimes the truth hurts. 5-10 lbs. is not really noticeable, so if they hear it then that means the weight gain is becoming significant.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:40 pm

You should never congratulate a woman for being pregnant. Unless you're sure she is. Let’s just say I was an innocent bystander.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:44 pm

I find it very, very rude and annoying if you really want to know the truth. Few people are oblivious to their weight gain and I (excuse me, they) don't need to be reminded of it.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:40 pm

CatEyes10736 wrote:I find it very, very rude and annoying if you really want to know the truth. Few people are oblivious to their weight gain and I (excuse me, they) don't need to be reminded of it.

Congratulations, Cat! When are you due? big grin
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:27 pm

alan smithee wrote:You should never congratulate a woman for being pregnant. Unless you're sure she is. Let’s just say I was an innocent bystander.
    You got that right. I worked with a nurse at the hospital who carried her belly fat just like a baby. Luckily I saw her go into a nuclear med room (which means she was not pregnant) Close one. d-oh!
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:20 pm

alan smithee wrote:
    CatEyes10736 wrote:I find it very, very rude and annoying if you really want to know the truth. Few people are oblivious to their weight gain and I (excuse me, they) don't need to be reminded of it.

Aug. 6
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:33 pm

CatEyes10736 wrote:
    alan smithee wrote:

Aug. 6

I'm sure by then you'll probably be saying, "Come out of there!" to your precious cargo buuuuuuuut if you could hang on for another 8 days, she (or he) will be born on a most excellent date! Wink
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:44 pm

I would be SO upset if someone that to me! Someone once said, "Have you lost weight? You look so tiny now!" to me and I was sitting there thinking "so you were looking at me thinking I was fat before?" But I'm super sensitive about my weight.

Once a lady said to me, after my second was born: Oh, your cheeks are so round, do you eat a lot?

Then she asked if I was breastfeeding and I said yes, but I was thinking "Is this totally inappropriate question time?"

You know what though...I had been hanging on to those 18 extra pounds since he was born for like 7 months, and it only took me a few weeks to lose them after she said that! I was mortified and it was a definite motivation!

Haha, maybe I should go find her and let her see my cheeks again so I can lose the last stubborn 11 pounds from the twins!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:54 pm

thepossiblepolice wrote:I would be SO upset if someone that to me! Someone once said, "Have you lost weight? You look so tiny now!" to me and I was sitting there thinking "so you were looking at me thinking I was fat before?" But I'm super sensitive about my weight.

Once a lady said to me, after my second was born: Oh, your cheeks are so round, do you eat a lot?
    Response: "And you have brown eyes. Are you full of shit?"
    Then she asked if I was breastfeeding and I said yes, but I was thinking "Is this totally inappropriate question time?"

You know what though...I had been hanging on to those 18 extra pounds since he was born for like 7 months, and it only took me a few weeks to lose them after she said that! I was mortified and it was a definite motivation!

Haha, maybe I should go find her and let her see my cheeks again so I can lose the last stubborn 11 pounds from the twins!
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:57 pm

alan smithee wrote:
    thepossiblepolice wrote:I would be SO upset if someone that to me! Someone once said, "Have you lost weight? You look so tiny now!" to me and I was sitting there thinking "so you were looking at me thinking I was fat before?" But I'm super sensitive about my weight.

Response: "And you have brown eyes. Are you full of shit?"

LOL! You're so funny. So after she said that, I was so upset as I walked home, that when I ran into another neighbor, who was a guy, I was like "I can't believe it but she just called me fat!" and explained what she said. His answer was : Oh, well, that's just who you are. You've always had round cheeks. That's just you and it's nothing to be ashamed of.

LOL, that did NOT make me feel any better!
    2xy
    2xy
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 22

Post by 2xy Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:50 am

JM130ELM wrote:It's never happened to me and I wouldn't say it to someone else, but sometimes the truth hurts. 5-10 lbs. is not really noticeable, so if they hear it then that means the weight gain is becoming significant.

I'm 5'2" and small-framed. Five pounds is most definitely noticeable on me. Ten pounds means none of my clothes will be wearable.

Yeah, sometimes the truth hurts. I don't really feel it's my place to hurt someone for no good reason. I'm sure if someone has put on weight, they are already aware of it and don't need me to tell them.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:16 pm

2xy wrote:
    JM130ELM wrote:It's never happened to me and I wouldn't say it to someone else, but sometimes the truth hurts. 5-10 lbs. is not really noticeable, so if they hear it then that means the weight gain is becoming significant.

I'm 5'2" and small-framed. Five pounds is most definitely noticeable on me. Ten pounds means none of my clothes will be wearable.

Yeah, sometimes the truth hurts. I don't really feel it's my place to hurt someone for no good reason. I'm sure if someone has put on weight, they are already aware of it and don't need me to tell them.

Same here, only I'm four ft 11. The 11 pounds I'm carrying since the twins means that instead of a 1 or 2, I'm wearing a 4-6.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:29 am

Not to stereotype, but I notice that it's always older women who do this.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:52 am

no it doesnt really bother me, i dont get alot of that, my weight has never really gone up or down..well wait there was one time in my life where yes i had put on several pounds, but believe it was a good thing.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:38 am

cheaps wrote:no it doesnt really bother me, i dont get alot of that, my weight has never really gone up or down..well wait there was one time in my life where yes i had put on several pounds, but believe it was a good thing.

Have a slice of pie my dear.
    When someone points out that you've put on weight Cal-pie3

Razz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:39 am