CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Anyone ever make a move to another state or a far distance?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Anyone ever make a move to another state or a far distance? Empty Anyone ever make a move to another state or a far distance?

Post by RedBedroom Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:56 am

Right now, I am job hunting out of state, and the thought of the move is such a deterrent....not sure how it will go if I have to move.

So, if anyone has done this...did you totally part with a huge amount of you stuff? And if so, how did you deal with that?
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Anyone ever make a move to another state or a far distance? Empty Re: Anyone ever make a move to another state or a far distance?

Post by TPP Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:01 am

I've never done it as an adult. I moved a LOT as a kid though. If I were going to do it, I'd probably get rid of anything that isn't sentimental to me for whatever reason or too expensive to replace.

Then get new stuff Smile

I hate moving though sad I have lived in this house for 12 years and that's by far the longest I have ever lived anywhere. It will be really hard for me when we finally move because my life was so horrible before I met my husband and we bought this house, and it's been so great since.

How far away is it? Are there good things about the place besides the job?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Anyone ever make a move to another state or a far distance? Empty Re: Anyone ever make a move to another state or a far distance?

Post by RedBedroom Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:38 am

The move will be a few hundred miles away, but the timing is terrible, so I don't know...And the move is not job related, making the choice more difficult.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:40 am

Only when I went away to college. After I graduated, I came back home and basically remained in the same area I grew up in.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:43 am

RedBedroom wrote:The move will be a few hundred miles away, but the timing is terrible, so I don't know...And the move is not job related, making the choice more difficult.

Hmmm...(just waiting to see if you want to elaborate, no pressure, lol)

You could make a list of pros and cons to both situations.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:00 am

Beyond college, I haven't, but I am eying altogether moving away from Michigan within the next ten years.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:51 pm

Yes and all I took most of my belongings. I have a cousin who moved cross country...........three times. He said he's never moving again in life.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:31 am

thepossiblepolice wrote:
    RedBedroom wrote:The move will be a few hundred miles away, but the timing is terrible, so I don't know...And the move is not job related, making the choice more difficult.

Hmmm...(just waiting to see if you want to elaborate, no pressure, lol)

You could make a list of pros and cons to both situations.

Yeah, hard choice. My son's dad and I are everything but legally married. But we are currently unsure if resigning the lease together is the best choice for us, even if it is the best choice for our son. He and I are the best of friends, but the older we get, the less that is enough. I am sure that we will decide to live together another year. I just am growing too old for this year to year choice.

So, I have been applying to a few jobs in Chicago. But for one interview for a position starting at about half what I earn right now, no bites. Not a huge surprise in this economy.

At the same time my desire to move to Chicago is ever present, I have my step daughter here now, who will begin a family one day, and I have a God Daughter. So, I don't know...I just despise not being happy where I live. It is a hard way to live.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:56 am