CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Alan Smithee
Chris
6 posters

Should fried foods be banned from school cafeterias?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Should fried foods be banned from school cafeterias? Empty Should fried foods be banned from school cafeterias?

Post by Chris Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:53 am

Do you think school chefs/cafeterias should shy away from serving fried foods to kids?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Should fried foods be banned from school cafeterias? Empty Re: Should fried foods be banned from school cafeterias?

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:46 pm

Other than chicken, I can't think of anything else that a school cafeteria would serve fried and as long as it was only a couple three times a month I don't think it's going to hurt. I think it would do more good if they took the soda and candy vending machines out of schools. Just thought of french fries too. Same thing, as long as it's just occasionally.
    Marcholm85
    Marcholm85
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 2

Should fried foods be banned from school cafeterias? Empty Re: Should fried foods be banned from school cafeterias?

Post by Marcholm85 Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:56 pm

Yeah I could only think of chicken and fries. Back in my school days, french fries were a must and the most requested food item in the
    cafeteria.

Its only one meal a day, and then the fried foods may come teice a werk? , so I dont think it will do that much harm to kids to eat something different.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:28 pm

Honestly from what I remember about school lunches, I don't recall fried food ever being served. It was usually baked. And yeah, I guess that's best....but if they're gonna not fry meat for health reasons, then they need to get rid of junkfood vending machines too.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:30 pm

Marc™ wrote:Honestly from what I remember about school lunches, I don't recall fried food ever being served. It was usually baked. And yeah, I guess that's best....but if they're gonna not fry meat for health reasons, then they need to get rid of junkfood vending machines too.

In most NYC public schools, they already have. They give the kids 'healthier' options. I wouldn't oppose serving fried food for lunch. Just don't do it everyday. Every other week or something like that is cool.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:35 pm

I don't see a lot of fried foods at our school...But I go there sometimes just because the food is so yummy. They have the BEST fresh veggies there that I've ever had.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 7:15 am