CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
RobbieFTW
femme fatale
Nystyle709
Marc™
TSJFan4Ever
Impact
RedBedroom
Kral
12 posters

Freeloaders

Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Freeloaders Empty Freeloaders

Post by Kral Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:03 am

Have you ever dealt with a freeloader? I have a co-worker who is vehicle-less and very humbly he once asked if I would drive him home from work. I did it despite his living 20 minutes past my way. Then he asked me to take him home again, and again, and again, and again. It became a trend. Once his shift ended an hour after mine and being a good friend, I waited. Now he's gotten so comfortable that he even calls me to come get him from work and drop him off on my days off. The incredible part of all this though is that not ONCE has he ever offered any gas money for my trouble. People!!!
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Freeloaders Empty Re: Freeloaders

Post by RedBedroom Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:13 am

Ugh...freeloaders are just the worst. I rid myself ASAP when I see the trend, and admire your not bitching soon regarding your freeloader.

My guy's brother and wife are JUST like that. They take advantage at every turn. It makes me nuts. But because my guy loves his brother, he takes it all the time. Jim will call and say, "Do you have money on you?" When replied to that, yes, he does, he asks, "How much?" It is a freakin' weekly thing.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:17 am

Kral wrote:The incredible part of all this though is that not ONCE has he ever offered any gas money for my trouble. People!!!

Based on what you describe, am I wrong to assume that you never asked?
    If someone doesn't compensate you the first time you do them a favor, they never will.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:26 am

Yup - a couple of them. One of them was a compulsive liar with a serious problem of borrowing and not returning money and taking advantage of everyone around her. she was very charming superficially and took a lot of us in, taking advantage of us and milking us. Two other friends and several acquaintances were all taken in by her charm and we all lost in the end. Not sure what happened to her, but she's in need of serious help.

Another girl is one I didn't have to deal with too much. She'd freeload off of everyone. She's moved away, though, but still wants to freeload whenever she comes to town.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:58 am

Impact wrote:
    Kral wrote:The incredible part of all this though is that not ONCE has he ever offered any gas money for my trouble. People!!!

Based on what you describe, am I wrong to assume that you never asked?
    If someone doesn't compensate you the first time you do them a favor, they never will.

Basically.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:01 am

*trying to think* Can't really say that I've had anyone constantly freeload off of me. I tend to nip shit in the bud quick.
    femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Post by femme fatale Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:41 am

The worst kind of freeloaders are the ones you're related to. The sense of entitlement they have to your property or space is unparalleled.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:19 am

Kral wrote:Have you ever dealt with a freeloader? I have a co-worker who is vehicle-less and very humbly he once asked if I would drive him home from work. I did it despite his living 20 minutes past my way. Then he asked me to take him home again, and again, and again, and again. It became a trend. Once his shift ended an hour after mine and being a good friend, I waited. Now he's gotten so comfortable that he even calls me to come get him from work and drop him off on my days off. The incredible part of all this though is that not ONCE has he ever offered any gas money for my trouble. People!!!

Are you still giving him free lifts home???
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:53 am

I have to figure this really bothers you, Kral, if you're venting to us. And I'm happy to listen, but the person who really needs to hear it is the guy who treats you like a free taxi service. "Friends" shouldn't do that and if he's just a friendly co-worker, you should tell him that something’s got to change. He can either kick in for gas or the rides stop and he needs to find some other way to get to and from work when his schedule doesn't match yours. Sounds like the stray dog or cat syndrome. You feed one and they ain't never going away. He only needs your permission to take advantage of you.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:52 pm

Kral wrote:Have you ever dealt with a freeloader? I have a co-worker who is vehicle-less and very humbly he once asked if I would drive him home from work. I did it despite his living 20 minutes past my way. Then he asked me to take him home again, and again, and again, and again. It became a trend. Once his shift ended an hour after mine and being a good friend, I waited. Now he's gotten so comfortable that he even calls me to come get him from work and drop him off on my days off. The incredible part of all this though is that not ONCE has he ever offered any gas money for my trouble. People!!!

I have & agree with Alan. People can only cross the boundaries you allow them to cross. If you don't want to do it anymore you just need to tell him. It can be done in a way that won't hurt his feelings if that concerns you. People sometimes just don't have time for it & you can tell him you have plans. If you only need him to contribute to the cost he has to be told. Any reasonable person would understand given the rising cost of gas. But from what you've written it sounds like appreciation has turned into expectation so it's going to take action on your part to turn it around. If he's really a good friend he will understand.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:26 am

RobbieFTW wrote:

Are you still giving him free lifts home???

Yes. sad
    But I avoid doing it as much.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:08 am

I haven't dealt with any personally, but I have had a number of friends who have confessed their experiences with goldbricks. Freeloaders are like stray cats. You feed them once, and they'll never stop sniffing around your door.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:10 pm

Chris wrote:I haven't dealt with any personally, but I have had a number of friends who have confessed their experiences with goldbricks. Freeloaders are like stray cats. You feed them once, and they'll never stop sniffing around your door.

Great minds think alike, but fools seldom differ. Wink
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:13 pm

Chris wrote:I haven't dealt with any personally, but I have had a number of friends who have confessed their experiences with goldbricks. Freeloaders are like stray cats. You feed them once, and they'll never stop sniffing around your door.

I'd rather feed stray cats (and I do) than a freeloader.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:14 am