Cash or Credit? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cash or Credit?

Go down 
+8
TPP
Shale
Alan Smithee
Jill
Tony Marino
Cheaps
Supernova
Verve
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Verve
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
Verve

Male
Rep : 4

Cash or Credit? Empty
PostSubject: Cash or Credit?   Cash or Credit? EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 9:29 am

When you're out spending, do you pay with cash more often or is it the plastic for you? I try to avoid using my cards as much as possible because I once had my credit card # stolen after a purchase. I don't even like swiping my debit that much. What sucks now is how so many things are bought online, and you have to sign up with a card.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Cash or Credit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cash or Credit?   Cash or Credit? EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 10:48 am

Verve wrote:
When you're out spending, do you pay with cash more often or is it the plastic for you? I try to avoid using my cards as much as possible because I once had my credit card # stolen after a purchase. I don't even like swiping my debit that much. What sucks now is how so many things are bought online, and you have to sign up with a card.

I never take a credit card when I go shopping, I ALWAYS pay in cash.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

Cash or Credit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cash or Credit?   Cash or Credit? EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 10:55 am

i use my debit card.. i almost never use cash.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

Cash or Credit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cash or Credit?   Cash or Credit? EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 11:16 am

Definetly cash I try not to use the plastic at all.
Back to top Go down
Jill
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
Jill

Female
Rep : 2

Cash or Credit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cash or Credit?   Cash or Credit? EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 11:52 am

Credit card as often as possible. It makes it WAY easier to track our spending, and hello, we earn points! Gotta love those points! We have enough now that we can get at least 1 free ticket to Denmark (my husband's home town) and may have enough for a 2nd one by the next time we make a trip "home". I love free stuff!
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

Cash or Credit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cash or Credit?   Cash or Credit? EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 2:06 pm

Debit card for just about everything. Our bank has a pretty good security protection program.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

Cash or Credit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cash or Credit?   Cash or Credit? EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 3:17 pm

I carry my debit card everywhere so I don't have to carry a lot of money. Really convenient if I drop into a store and see something I want and know I got it covered. Also, I buy things online for convenience (or discount) like my train and bus tickets & hotel room.

However, I usually pay cash for anything under $20. Unlike some ppl I see in the express line buying $4 worth of stuff with a credit card. Do they even track those little transactions?
Back to top Go down
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female
Rep : 69

Cash or Credit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cash or Credit?   Cash or Credit? EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 4:31 pm

I never use cash. I always spend it frivolously if I have it.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

Cash or Credit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cash or Credit?   Cash or Credit? EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 6:55 pm

Don't carry much cash on me. Use my debit or credit card.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

Cash or Credit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cash or Credit?   Cash or Credit? EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 8:59 pm

LOL, you rat bastards! Look what you started! I called my wife to let her know I was running a little late on my way home this evening and she tells me she had a "stressful" day. What's up? She stopped to get her nails done on her way home from work and her debit card was declined. Short story long, she was able to find out that a merchant she used recently had their credit card/debit card records "compromised" so my wife's was flagged (for our protection). She was on the phone with the bank and they went through all her recent purchaces and evrything was fine. She has to pick up a temp card tomorrow and a new one is being mailed. Luckily her biggest hassle will be to update the payment info for her on-line accounts. If this topic hadn't come up, nothing would have happened! Wink
Back to top Go down
Kral
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Kral

Female
Rep : 30

Cash or Credit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cash or Credit?   Cash or Credit? EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 9:04 pm

I don't bother with cash if I can avoid it. It's too lose and I'm the type to lose it or tuck it in some pants or coat pocket and forget about it until I just happen to wear those clothes again and discover it there. For me, debit is the practical way to go.
Back to top Go down
Jill
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
Jill

Female
Rep : 2

Cash or Credit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cash or Credit?   Cash or Credit? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 1:38 am

Kral wrote:

I don't bother with cash if I can avoid it. It's too lose and I'm the type to lose it or tuck it in some pants or coat pocket and forget about it until I just happen to wear those clothes again and discover it there. For me, debit is the practical way to go.
In our house there's a rule for that kind of money when we find it. Since we didn't miss it anyway, we must not have needed it, so it goes in the charity jar. Smile
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Cash or Credit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cash or Credit?   Cash or Credit? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 1:45 am

Kral wrote:

Why don't you just keep it in your wallet?
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

Cash or Credit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cash or Credit?   Cash or Credit? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 1:48 am

I prefer cash. Too easy to get overdrawn at with a debit, and using my credit card spooks me.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

Cash or Credit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cash or Credit?   Cash or Credit? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 2:13 am

A mix of cash or credit, depending on what I'm buying. I got my iPod because of my credit card points and I also collect travel points.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cash or Credit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cash or Credit?   Cash or Credit? Empty

Back to top Go down

Cash or Credit?
Page 1 of 1