CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Bonjour!

Jill
    Jill
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 2

Bonjour! Empty Bonjour!

Post by Jill Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:48 am

Thank you for the invitation, "Chamber". I'm very flattered that you reached out to me and want to include me in your forum. Do I understand correctly that you are in France? J'ai étudié Français à l'école pour 7 ans, mais qui a été il ya plusieurs années. Many!

A little about me:

I'm a "Midwest" girl (grew up in St. Louis, MO) and now live in a suburb of Los Angeles just 3 blocks from the beach. I came here by way of Puerta Vallarta, Mexico, where I lived for a year and a half, just so I could experience living in a different country and different culture. It was one of the most amazing experiences in my life.

I'm married -- it will be 9 years in May. I met my husband at a St. Patrick's Day weekend party in Amsterdam, arranged by a group of people who all post on a message board forum together. He's from Denmark, and he rode to A'dam on his motorcycle from where he was living in Germany, so my first sight of him was in his leather riding suit with his helmet under his arm. ::melt:: Smile

We have 2 kitties, one is a rescue from an organization where she'd been turned in because she was being attacked so badly by the other cats in the house that she was peeing all over the place. She's such a happy kitty here, that you wouldn't recognize her as the same terrified cat we took in. Her name is Emma and she's a big, fluffy, Maine Coon. Our little boy kitty was scooped up from the sidewalk outside our house, from a litter from a stray kitty in the neighborhood. He's not quite 1 year old, so he's still very much a kitten -- WHEE!! He's a domestic shorthair, black with a white tuxedo chest. His full name is Tobias P OurLastName, but we call him Toby. The P stands for whatever fits the moment; pain in the butt, precious, etc.

We love to travel, camp, and entertain friends. Our "Must See" TV is Top Gear, The Amazing Race, House MD, Glee, Jeopardy and Survivor. I'm also a fan of Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Brothers & Sisters, and Law & Order: SVU.

I love to cook (my husband paid me the nicest compliment one day, when he said I can turn a wooden spoon into a magic wand), talk politics and read (mostly detective or mystery novels -- Dean Koontz is a favorite).

I guess that's all for now. Off to go check out some other topics. . .

RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Bonjour! Empty Re: Bonjour!

Post by RobbieFTW Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:36 pm

greetings
    Welcome to the board!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:39 pm

Welome Jill. That was a pretty cool thing for your husband to say about your skill with a wooden spoon!
    Jill
    Jill
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by Jill Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:34 pm

Thank you for the welcome, guys. And yes, I do have a pretty great husband who also has a sharp wit. I'm one of the lucky ones. Smile
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:08 pm

Welcome Aboard Jill, I hope you enjoy your time here!!
    Jill
    Jill
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by Jill Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:38 pm

Thank you, Tony!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content